Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2019, 02:00 PM

11,902 posts, read 3,721,289 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post

Many people thought Robin Williams was a well adjusted happy guy who had much to live for. Despite the love of thousands of fans, he still felt so miserable in life that he ended it. The point is how do you know for sure they are well adjusted gay people? They could be miserable internally and just putting on a good show. In fact, I wonder if gay people are too afraid of backlash from their own community if they dare come out and tell people that it's not all rainbows and happiness after gay marriage.

I don't know of an evangelical church that would have no problem with a member openly living in any kind of sin. Your beliefs are pretty warped from traditional Christian. Why should Christ even bother to die for our sins if all you need is love? We, the evangelical church are called to love all people regardless of their actions. But that doesn't mean we should endorse or accept their sinful actions either. Consel and instruction should given out love to guide a person off the path of sin. If they refuse to change then the church has no choice but to cut out the cancer before it rots the entire body.

Well then, Jesus was angry at sin then, right? He saw into their hearts and knew they only gave lip service to God. OTOH, my heart and the ones of my fellow brothers and sisters in Christ are tuned to the holy spirit and have a tremendous desire to love all people, including gays. Because we don't define someone by their sexual desires.
Quote:
Originally Posted by personne View Post
Actually I wasn't talking to you... I didn't even cite you...

Only cited Jeff and he DID say it (post 8856, good luck on twisting that one, but then you think you managed to twist your own words well cited and prepared by Imissthe90's, so now, it's only show, come on and twist for the fun of all watching the pretzel's dance)

And as to be prepared for your usual twists : no he didn't, reading the exact words, say he was gay, he did relate that example to being well-adjusted in terms of being gay or not and how it shows gays could lie about being adjusted WHILE citing the example of a straight man !

Could you be Jeff's alias ?

ETA : I might be on to something !
What Jeff said is that robin williams seemed to be a well adjusted happy GUY (not gay)

But then he goes off into lots of speculation that gays who seem to be well adjusted might not be well adjusted people, but the same can be said for Anyone who seems to be well adjusted, are they really or are they putting on a face?

The human condition is what we all have but this gets mixed up with the kingdom of God and made into Christians go to heaven, non Christians go to hell because the bible say so.

Whereas the bible is a sacred book that is continually used by the people of God in inappropriate ways and those are the people that God is upset with and will punish

Sin and Treachery

Jer 8:4 And you shall say to them, So says Jehovah, Shall they fall and not rise up? Or shall one turn away and not return?
Jer 8:5 Why has this people, Jerusalem, turned away to a never ending apostasy? They hold fast to deceit. They refuse to return.
Jer 8:6 I listened and heard. They did not speak so. No man repented because of this evil, saying, What have I done? Everyone turned in their own courses, as a horse rushes into the battle.
Jer 8:7 Also the stork in the heavens knows her seasons, and the turtledove and the swallow and the thrush observe the time of their coming. But My people do not know the judgment of Jehovah.
Jer 8:8 How do you say, We are wise, and the Law of Jehovah is with us? Behold, the lying pen of the scribes has certainly worked deceit.

Jer 8:9 The wise are ashamed; they are terrified and are captured. Behold, they have rejected the Word of Jehovah, and what wisdom is theirs?
Jer 8:10 So I will give their wives to others, their fields to those who shall inherit. For everyone from the least even to the greatest cuts off a profit. From the prophet even to the priest, everyone deals falsely.
Jer 8:11 For they have healed the hurt of the daughter of My people slightly, saying, Peace, peace! And there is no peace.

What happens is verses are picked out of context to support doctrines, but the scriptures are not to be used like that

Old 07-02-2019, 02:03 PM

10,096 posts, read 5,747,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Exactly. jeffie, in particular, would not have a life at all if gays weren't around for him to bash.
Disgusting lie born out of desperation considering you know nothing about my life.

Old 07-02-2019, 02:05 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,700,897 times
Quote:
That's fine. I am talking to you. Correcting you to be precise.

Educating......

Quote:
Only cited Jeff and he DID say it (post 8856, good luck on twisting that one, but then you think you managed to twist your own words well cited and prepared by Imissthe90's, so now, it's only show, come on and twist for the fun of all watching the pretzel's dance)

And as to be prepared for your usual twists : no he didn't EXACTLY, reading the EXACT words, say Williams was gay
That's my point. Contrary to your claim, he did not say Robin Williams was gay. Why did you repeat the claim and then admit it was nonsense?

I am sure it was an honest mistake from your part, but its ironic you called me names etc, only to be proven wrong.

My words prepared by Imissthe90's.........

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 07-02-2019 at 03:10 PM..

Old 07-02-2019, 02:06 PM

4,466 posts, read 1,610,021 times
Quote:
Disgusting lie born out of desperation considering you know nothing about my life.
Says the hypocrite who claims to know ALL ABOUT gay people's lives.... Jesus, can these folks even see how ridiculously ignorant they look when they do this crap? I would guess not, but....

Old 07-02-2019, 02:07 PM

Quote:

And as to be prepared for your usual twists : no he didn't EXACTLY, reading the EXACT words, say Williams was gay, he did relate that example to being well-adjusted in terms of being gay or not and how it shows gays could lie about being adjusted WHILE citing the example of a straight man !

Could you be Jeff's alias ?

ETA : I might be on to something !

I only used Robin Williams as an example of how people can create an external appearance of being happy and fully satisfied in life yet completely miserable internally. Robin William's sexuality had NOTHING to do with my point and I certainly don't appreciate your false implication that I ever suggested he was gay.

Old 07-02-2019, 02:10 PM

1,349 posts, read 665,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
What Jeff said is that robin williams seemed to be a well adjusted happy GUY (not gay)

Ahem, yes, I can read.

So ? Wasn't it a stupid amalgam ? You say so yourself.

Old 07-02-2019, 02:19 PM

Quote:
I just did a quick search on Jeffbase's posts... More than a third contain the word homosexual (not counting mispelling), more than half contain the word gay (having excluded the term "homosexual" in my search")... Just a simple, quick one.

Haven't even attempted "marriage" or "abomination", wouldn't dare "persecution".

Finn, not that much (didn't search, just memory) : he does express himself quite logically across the board, however one feels about that logic, it's still coherent in a way.

Jeff ? ask him how his preacher would preach of homosexuality if he states the preacher hasn't ever ?

I'm sorry, do you have an actual point? Yeah, take a look at those threads. Guess what, the VAST majority where not started by me. The only reason I speak out a lot on this topic is because it is by far a dominant hot button topic in these forums. Probably 80% of the posts in this very thread are from YOUR side. And it does anger me when atheists and the LGBT community are destroying our religious freedom in a country built on religious freedom.

Old 07-02-2019, 02:21 PM

4,466 posts, read 1,610,021 times
Quote:
I'm sorry, do you have an actual point? Yeah, take a look at those threads. Guess what, the VAST majority where not started by me. The only reason I speak out a lot on this topic is because it is by far a dominant hot button topic in these forums. Probably 80% of the posts in this very thread are from YOUR side. And it does anger me when atheists and the LGBT community are destroying our religious freedom in a country built on religious freedom.
What freedoms have been taken away from you, Jeff? Or anyone else who believes this nonsense. Please, tell us what freedoms you have lost. I'll wait...

Old 07-02-2019, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
That's fine. I am talking to you. Correcting you to be precise.

Educating......

That's my point. Contrary to your claim, he did not say Robin Williams was gay. Why did you repeat the claim and then admit it was nonsense?

I am sure it was an honest mistake from your part, but its ironic you called me names etc, only to be proven wrong.
AGAIN, I didn't call you names, anywhere. I actually defended your position, even if I don't agree.

I won't "educate" you on how words are not only to be taken individually, will I ?

Okay... words have meanings individually... you put words with others... they form a sentence. Wow? Isn't it great ?

And then, hold on, it gets better, with the same WORDS, you can make sentences! And then, other ones !

Wow again !

And with these same words, you can make mulltiple sentences AND add grammar AND intonation and wow again, the meaning changes !

Incredible, isn't it ?

He said the cat did not steal his bike. It was not someone else who said it.
He said the cat did not steal his bike. So I believe him.
He said the cat did not steal his bike. But someone else did.
He said the cat did not steal his bike. But it won it gambling.
He said the cat did not steal his bike. But it took someone else's.
He said the cat did not steal his bike. But it did take something else of his.

See how that works? But yes, you know, we all know you know, keep on the good work

If twiting words and meanings is all you can rely on, it might mean you have a very bad case to defend.

Last edited by personne; 07-02-2019 at 02:33 PM..

Old 07-02-2019, 02:23 PM

Quote:
I only used Robin Williams as an example of how people can create an external appearance of being happy and fully satisfied in life yet completely miserable internally. Robin William's sexuality had NOTHING to do with my point and I certainly don't appreciate your false implication that I ever suggested he was gay.

Okay, I apologize.

Do we agree then that people can seem happy and not be, whatever their sexuality is ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity