Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2015, 05:23 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,918,190 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
This is a preposterous claim created by ignorant savages who feared and did not know God. Tell me, if you have any children . . . do you OWN them????

Its reality whether mortals accept it or not--God says 0 sin allowed in his creation. Any who practice sin are labeled-Wicked in Gods eyes. He proved it in Noahs day--99% mislead--And Jesus taught about these end days--As in the days of Noah( 99% mislead) the world took no note. FEW actually listen to Jesus that is why he knew back then--FEW will find the road that leads off into life. there are many deceived ones who think all roads lead to God--they will find out there is 1 single entrance= the narrow gate.

It is God who creates all children, he is their owner. God owns lock, stock and barrel of all creation, Mortals will find this out very soon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2015, 05:47 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,615,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
Its reality whether mortals accept it or not--God says 0 sin allowed in his creation. Any who practice sin are labeled-Wicked in Gods eyes. He proved it in Noahs day--99% mislead--And Jesus taught about these end days--As in the days of Noah( 99% mislead) the world took no note. FEW actually listen to Jesus that is why he knew back then--FEW will find the road that leads off into life. there are many deceived ones who think all roads lead to God--they will find out there is 1 single entrance= the narrow gate.

It is God who creates all children, he is their owner. God owns lock, stock and barrel of all creation, Mortals will find this out very soon.
God was fine with those of us who broke those chains. We stand, and will not be owned.

What happens when you find out you were bowing and scraping to God when it was never necessary. I hope you come to understand it sooner rather than later.

It is rather easy not to sin. You seem to think is is nearly impossible.

Old 09-11-2015, 07:18 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,398,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
God was fine with those of us who broke those chains. We stand, and will not be owned.

What happens when you find out you were bowing and scraping to God when it was never necessary. I hope you come to understand it sooner rather than later.

It is rather easy not to sin. You seem to think is is nearly impossible.
1 John 1:8 8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.J

Old 09-11-2015, 07:51 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,360,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
It is my understanding that the men who first came to the door wanted to have a homosexual experience with the messengers who came to Lot. Lot, instead, tried to give them his daughters to have sex with. Crowds gathered to watch the rape of the messengers take place.
Quote:
The people who showed up at Lot's door wanted to rape who they thought were men. A crowd gathered. They all wanted to "know" or sexually mistreat who they thought were men.
The beast nature insists on having its own way, and there is no end to the bestiality of men.
However, if you want to sincerely "know" someone, you are not out to spread their butt-cheeks.

If you believe it is only a reference to sex, then you are dead wrong!
People are attacked or "brutalized" just because they are different.

And don't forget, some merely want to dominate or control others.
Lot was a sick man, if he wanted them to "abuse" his daughters.

Old 09-11-2015, 08:11 PM

6,796 posts, read 2,907,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
So you will only be satisfied if the Sodom passages use the exact term, "homosexual"?
Yep. Is that too much to expect when these passages are being used to vilify homosexual people? I'll even settle for a (OT) Hebrew or (NT) Greek equivalent.

Quote:
Umm no because other scriptures like 1 Corinthians 6:9 specifically mention homosexuals ...
Well, let's see. THIS is 1 Corinthians 6-9 from the KJV:

9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind ...

Quote:
...and this gets blown off by people like you saying the term "homosexual" didn't exist until modern times (which really is a copout).
Well, have at it. Where in the above text does it specifically mention homosexuality? Answer: Nowhere!

Quote:
The verses clearly indicate that more was going on here than inhospitality.
I don't think anyone is saying that there was not more going on in S&G than inhospitality. Be that as it may, you're underselling 'hospitality'. Here are a few texts that deal with hospitality:

Deuteronomy 10: 19 You shall also love the stranger, for you were strangers in the land of Egypt.

Leviticus 19:34 The alien who resides with you shall be to you as the citizen among you; you shall love the alien as yourself, for you were aliens in the land of Egypt: I am the Lord your God.

3 John 1:5 Beloved, you do faithfully whatever you do for the friends, even though they are strangers to you; they have testified to your love before the church. You do well to send them on in a manner worthy of God; for they began their journey for the sake of Christ, accepting no support from non-believers. Therefore we ought to support such people, so that they may become co-workers with the truth.

Hebrews 13: 1 Let mutual love continue. Do not neglect to show hospitality to strangers for by doing that some have entertained angels without knowing it.

Matthew 25: 35 I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me.

Romans 12:13 Contribute to the needs of the saints; extend hospitality to strangers.

There are heaps more scriptures that deal with the importance of hospitality.

Quote:
The verses indicate that the sin was exceptionally bad.
AND, "exceptionally bad" must therefore mean "homosexuality" ...right? This notion is all in your mind and was likely placed there initially by your church leaders.

Quote:
The verses indicate that sexual immorality was occurring.
And, again, "sexual immorality" MUST THEREFORE MEAN "homosexuality" ...right? This really does indicate that you're coming at this topic with a predetermined anti-gay mindset. And (sigh) probably nothing will change that.

Quote:
The verses indicate that something besides normal sexual behavior was occurring.
Bingo! Ezekiel mentions "abominations" in his explanation as to why S&G were destroyed. AND, in Ezekiel 8 he explains WHAT he means by the term "abominations". They involve the worship of idols (specifically Tammuz) and the practices associated with such worship that are 'abominable' to God. Read it. The worst of all sins from God's perspective is the worship of any other God but He. God LOATHES idolatry! The VERY FIRST commandment of the Big Ten commands that 'we' have NO OTHER GODS BUT HE! And, it's more than likely, given the pagan culture of the story in question, that S&G were into idolatry as per Ezekiel's "abominations". And, this would have inevitably included the sexual practices associated with 'sodomites'* BIG TIME!

Quote:
The verses indicate that same sex relations was going on here to such a level that Lot's daughters were not even satisfactory to the immoral crowd.
Again, THAT thought has been implanted in your mind. Don't you see this? Of course you don't. The men of Sodom would have been heterosexual. They were FATHERS of the young men who we're also told were beating down Lot's door! And, as others have already mentioned, women - THE WIVES of these men! - would also have been present according to the story. Lot (who was evidently not the brightest kid on the block) might have known better than to offer his daughters to homosexuals ...now, wouldn't he?

* "sodomite" ...was NOT an inhabitant of Sodom. Nowhere in scripture is this term used to describe a resident of Sodom. NOR does the term "sodomite" refer to a homosexual. A "sodomite" was a (sacred) male temple prostitute. And, this might come as a shock to Christians, but the term "sodomy" is found NOWHERE in the Bible.

Old 09-11-2015, 08:39 PM

18,492 posts, read 9,161,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heart_Song View Post
I have heard a famous Talk Show host (Thom Hartmann) say he thinks that 'Testosterone' is the most dangerous substance on the planet. I have wondered if we could change society by curbing the level of testosterone in men.

Is it Low T?

Big Pharma doesn't seem to think it's a problem.

Old 09-11-2015, 09:32 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post

Poor, deluded mark. Carnivals thrive off people like you.

Old 09-12-2015, 01:00 AM

569 posts, read 552,445 times
Quote:
So tell me, why would God be so outraged enough to wipe a city to dust for inhospitality yet spare other cities who did far worse things? The Babylonians enslaved people. I consider that to be highly inhospitable.

No, the sin of Sodom was exceptional and homosexuality certainly fits that criteria. So much that it was remembered for generations.

Yes. And I did see a photograph from the supposed site of Sodom or Gomorrah. The photograph pictured a huge stone momentum, which was resembling to the male reprdoucing organ erecting to the skies.

I suppose something should be kept in private. And everybody should have his own privacy being respected.

The off-topic here is that the High Court rules the same-sex marriage legal now. And I don't find it wrong. It is like what I say that this is a free world. If you want to yell out loudly of your privacies over the rooftops, and who am I to stop you? It is not I could go to hell for you over that, because I should be held responsible for you. And if I forcely hold myself responsible for you, then who is the homo now?

Old 09-12-2015, 06:35 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,615,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
1 John 1:8 8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.J
You must be sinning like crazy every minute, and every waking moment. What is with that? It must be quite exhausting for you.

I am not sinning. I choose not to treat people, and animals ( hear that Texas?) poorly. I do not deceive myself about that.

Just stop sinning, expatCA. It is really not that hard. Try it

Nice way of calling me untruthful. You believe you did not call me a liar, because John said it.? Seems a very strange way of never taking responsibility for what you have to say.

Me? I prefer owning my words.

Last edited by RonkonkomaNative; 09-12-2015 at 06:47 AM..

Old 09-12-2015, 07:07 AM

11,123 posts, read 6,388,135 times
Quote:
Who is Richard?
The people who showed up at Lot's door wanted to rape who they thought were men. A crowd gathered. They all wanted to "know" or sexually mistreat who they thought were men.
Your missing the point E, lets say, for arguments sake, it was angels appearing as men.

Who is ALL THE PEOPLE of Sodom? Is ALL the PEOPLE only in reference to men?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity