Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2015, 09:30 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
Yeah look at all the parades that are held by:

Drunks
Adulterers
Liars (Well political parades are held)
Fornicators
Thieves
Murders
Idolators (Well maybe those carrying images bowing to and kissing them, etc)

Where are those parades at a level of "Gay" pride parades?
LOL!

You poor, sad, drab people living your poor, sad, drab lives while those flamboyant, fun-loving, long-oppressed gays celebrate being how their God made them.

No wonder you're always so bitter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2015, 11:21 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,033,127 times
Quote:
Gross wickedness
I.e. Homosexuality in your opinion?...

Old 09-17-2015, 11:21 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,774,139 times
Quote:

Where are those parades at a level of "Gay" pride parades?
Fornicators have events and parades. Guess you've never seen Mardi Gras, Spring Break, or Folsom Street Parade. Lots of heterosexuals fornicating, getting naked, etc. You're such a hypocrite. Pride parades aren't celebrating sin, they're celebrating the freedom to not be ashamed of who they are. Most pride parades are very tame, far more tame than Mardi Gras or Spring Break.

Old 09-17-2015, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
Rudy Guilanni, --- St Patricks in NYC ,waving at the Cardinal.

We can check off liar, fornicator, adulterer, thief, and idolator for both men. I think a case can be made for murder and drunk, too.

Rudy wasn't even in drag, although he does dress in drag. (nice gams Rudy)
St. Paddy's day...Ya beat me to it...

Old 09-17-2015, 11:23 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,774,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
Well, I must confess to my own ignorance pertaining to the TaNaKh version of the Sodom and Gomorrah story. I went online to check this out and it reads just as you state:

Genesis - Chapter 19 (Parshah Vayeira) - Tanakh Online - Torah - Bible

Wow, this sheds a whole new light on the story. How do the "Lot's house was surrounded by gay men" brigade get around this one?
Easy, they don't care about truth or accuracy. They just need any ammunition they can get to justify their evil hatred of gays.

Old 09-17-2015, 03:03 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,918,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
Perhaps the world IS in bad shape. However, it will improve in at least one area once the Christian Fundamentalist Movement dies out.

YOU are the one calling homosexuality a sin. You didn't get that from the Bible even though YOU believe that you did. You've just been programmed into believing this. For the zillionth time, the terms "homosexual/homosexuality" are not found in any pre-1946 Bible translations. Nor were there any Hebrew or Greek terms for our modern definition of the terms "homosexual/homosexuality". How come you don't know that?

Also, while one's participation in these threads is voluntary and one is under no obligation to respond, you do appear to be avoiding a question I asked of you a couple of times. That question is: WHY, do you think, did 'the men' of Sodom threaten Lot's visitors with violence (rape)? We really DO need to get this clear in our minds when discussing the story of Sodom and Gomorrah. Anyone else can respond if they choose to.

It is you who are in error--- God created--man and woman to be as one in marriage--any sexual act outside of that arrangement is fornication--1Cor 6:9-11--teaches--these will not enter Gods kingdom.
Thus deemed as wicked by Gods standards.
I never said they threatened them with violence, Gods word clearly says the ones that went there wanted to have intercourse with them= fornication. Fornication is condemned in the ot and the nt--- anyone who says different is reasoning falsely.

Old 09-17-2015, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
It is you who are in error--- God created--man and woman to be as one in marriage--any sexual act outside of that arrangement is fornication--1Cor 6:9-11--teaches--these will not enter Gods kingdom.
I never said they threatened them with violence, Gods word clearly says the ones that went there wanted to have intercourse with them= fornication. Fornication is condemned in the ot and the nt--- anyone who says different is reasoning falsely.
Ya still didn't answer my question...What about sex during engagement?...

Old 09-17-2015, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
Where is fornication condemned in the Old Testament?...

Old 09-17-2015, 05:47 PM

18,492 posts, read 9,161,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Fornicators have events and parades. Guess you've never seen Mardi Gras, Spring Break, or Folsom Street Parade. Lots of heterosexuals fornicating, getting naked, etc. You're such a hypocrite. Pride parades aren't celebrating sin, they're celebrating the freedom to not be ashamed of who they are. Most pride parades are very tame, far more tame than Mardi Gras or Spring Break.
I'm an atheist, so I enjoy the baby-eater pride parades.

Old 09-17-2015, 06:29 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,398,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
LOL!

You poor, sad, drab people living your poor, sad, drab lives while those flamboyant, fun-loving, long-oppressed gays celebrate being how their God made them.

No wonder you're always so bitter.
Self deprecation is not something you should be posting here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity