Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2021, 02:50 PM

13,611 posts, read 7,915,420 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Let me know - if you do time in a prison, it's not about homosexuality as you have been programmed to believe.

They were heterosexual, remember the women and children. It wasn't about sex, rather that of dominating. I understand you have tunnel vision that goes with your particular views and prejudices, but you should refrain from making assumptions. Because you are usually wrong!
Whether you would classify the men of Sodom as "heterosexual" or "homosexual" is irrelevant as that classification system is nothing but self-justifying nonsense.

The fact of the matter is that the men of Sodom were Sodomites.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2021, 03:15 PM

9,689 posts, read 10,009,914 times
Then God did destroy the cities because the king was rich and capable of helping the people and even help to feed them, but the king failed to help the people with His greed, God destroyed the cities ..... Like the king had the mark of the beast with His greed as He was rich, and the people could not buy or sell for their lives in their poverty, so they all died, and God destroyed their cities ..... Just like the Roman Empire who lived for greed and many people were rejected because they did not have the money that the Romans desired and God ended their Empire................. And then nazi germany rejected some people in their nation and devalued them and killed them in their poverty and God ended their nation ....... Just like countries today who reject the people who can't buy or sell their lives out of harms way and are put down could see an end to their counties and the greed in a dead end as far as God is concerned, as God will lift His hand and road blocks will come ........ See Sodom and Gomorrah may be looked as a nation today with God judged as perverse, but the perversion was actually greed

Old 08-24-2021, 03:44 PM

63,785 posts, read 40,047,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
Whether you would classify the men of Sodom as "heterosexual" or "homosexual" is irrelevant as that classification system is nothing but self-justifying nonsense.
I see the Sodom and Gomorrah tale through a very different lens. I believe it could refer to a very primitive time in our evolution as humans and it is very likely that the strict reproduction limits that separate species were not yet fully established. The men of Sodom were simply screwing everything in sight and undoubtedly producing some very bizarre combinations.

I would say their sexual orientation was Omnisexual, and at that evolutionary time period, the reproductive results could have been extremely disastrous. It is likely that the term adulterous was far more likely to refer to those abominable reproductive combinations which ironically enough provides somewhat of a cover for Lot's otherwise inexcusable decision to offer his human daughters.

Old 08-24-2021, 04:31 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,837,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
No, because this thread isn't about homosexuality. It's about Sodom and Gomorrah.
The doctrine of Sodom and Gomorrah has inherent within it the doctrines about homosexuality, give me a break.

I have had threads of mine buried because of a policy that says you need to combine threads of a similar nature; but you will not apply that policy to threads that support your own ideologies.

And, I would call that hypocrisy.

Delete this post if you feel that you need to.

I have said my piece.

Old 08-24-2021, 04:58 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,915,310 times
It wasnt just sexuality-Many practices were wicked in Gods view. Same today. Few live now to do Jesus Fathers will( Matthew 7:21) just like then. 1Corinthians 6:9-11,Galations 5:19-21--2 lists of unacceptable sins. Not to mention all the false god worship and pagan practices added centuries ago. Jesus compared these last days to Noahs day( over 99% mislead)

Old 08-24-2021, 05:45 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,347,403 times
Quote:

But according to you a person would have to commit the act you are suggesting?

Old 08-24-2021, 07:47 PM

1,094 posts, read 883,052 times
I am sick of people who try to argue that God did not prohibit homosexuality and cross dressing.

The original texts (not translated) say that he did. Such activities are disgusting to God.

God is not going to change his mind to please selfish you. You want to do things that He said not to do.

Sin is defined as disobeying God.

Twisting the language is not going to change God's truth. You just create a lie by twisting the language.

God gave us a list of things that we are not to do. Note that only the moral items apply to Christians.

He uses how people obey these "don'ts" to measure how much people respect Him.

If the total sin of Sodom and Gomorrah had not reached full measure, God would have spared them.

If these sins are more important to you than eternal life with God, the go ahead and waste your existence.

If eternal life is more important to you than these sins, God can remove the cravings to commit them.

Without God, life is a dirty trick.

Old 08-24-2021, 07:50 PM

13,611 posts, read 7,915,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
But according to you a person would have to commit the act you are suggesting?
Jude is clear that the men of Sodom practiced sexual perversion.

Old 08-24-2021, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Jude is clear that the men of Sodom practiced sexual perversion.
I have no doubt about that, as they worshiped the Canaanite fertility goddess; and prostituted themselves in the heathen worship of Ashtoreth. This cultic pagan worship is what God opposed and was prohibiting (i.e., licentious idolatry). These people were wicked and vile. But it is highly doubtful that it had anything to do with the committed, loving relationships of today that the Church has reinterpreted to mean homosexuals? It's just another aspect of religious condemnation (trauma), which seems to run rapid within the Churches of extreme fundamentalists. Perhaps, they should apply for membership with the Westboro Baptist Church, they're quite the hateful group.

Last edited by Jerwade; 08-24-2021 at 09:44 PM..

Old 08-24-2021, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troubleshooter View Post
Twisting the language is not going to change God's truth. You just create a lie by twisting the language.
Indeed, twisting the language to mean something it never did causes all kinds of harm and injury.

And, your ignorance is revealing itself!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity