Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2015, 06:28 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,176,355 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
Corrupt text alert! This is NOT what 1 Corinthians 6:9 states!

Other than my 'corrupt text alert', the rest of that post is little other than a load of doggy doo-doo and not worthy of any further response from me.
Every once in a while, he becomes constipated with bible thoughts and when the build-up becomes near-unbearable he unloads from the rectum, I mean rectory...I mean choir loft.

I've learned to read his posts while standing well off to one side.

Old 12-04-2015, 06:41 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,166,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
Corrupt text alert! This is NOT what 1 Corinthians 6:9 states!

Other than my 'corrupt text alert', the rest of that post is little other than a load of doggy doo-doo and not worthy of any further response from me.
Once someone starts using terms like "sex pits of gay lifestyle" ....it's obvious they've fallen into the Fundamentalist Cliche Trap and it's hard to keep reading.

Old 12-04-2015, 07:54 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,352,130 times
When someone howls, they are usually hiding something.

Old 12-04-2015, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
When someone howls, they are usually hiding something.

And then they evacuate and feel better.

Old 12-04-2015, 08:07 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,166,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
And then they evacuate and feel better.
I laughed so hard I hiccuped.

Old 03-03-2016, 03:53 AM

7 posts, read 8,181 times
I am gay-- in my mid-50's. Grew up in a Christian home, led by a naive mother and grandmother. On top of that, I'm the oldest sibling-- the only male--meaning I was held to very high standards.

In my family back in the 70's, having a gay son/grandson was incomprehensible. Consequently, at age 17 I was grappling with my sexuality and fear of being rejected not only by my family, but also God. Maybe I'm tougher than most (not bragging), but it didn't take long for me to get royally angry over why everything good about me was automatically void just because I'm gay.

Anger fueled the bravery it took (yes bravery) , at age 18, shortly after my beloved grandmother's passing and graduation, to tell my mother point-blank that I'm gay. Thankfully I prepared for the worst because the worst is what I got. Within the year I was stripped of all rank--humiliated at times-- and lived until recently as the family outcast.

For a few years, I thought about Christianity, but it didn't take me long to realize that Christianity did not do me wrong, people did. Christian leaders misrepresented Christianity and God, and families all over the world bought it lock, stock and barrel. (Imagine, the Christian guy who beat his family was on a higher level that gay-me who despises violence. It didn't make sense).

Christianity, like other religions, is about standing by your beliefs when you are outnumbered. So, instead of abandoning God I kept Him close and try to live out my life as peaceful as possible. Being a gay Christian is difficult because I'm a rare breed in both the gay and straight worlds. ....gays and straights can be quite judgmental, so I've learned to be a good loner.

What a good thread.

Old 03-03-2016, 04:50 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,213,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoffeeFanatic View Post
I am gay-- in my mid-50's. Grew up in a Christian home, led by a naive mother and grandmother. On top of that, I'm the oldest sibling-- the only male--meaning I was held to very high standards.

In my family back in the 70's, having a gay son/grandson was incomprehensible. Consequently, at age 17 I was grappling with my sexuality and fear of being rejected not only by my family, but also God. Maybe I'm tougher than most (not bragging), but it didn't take long for me to get royally angry over why everything good about me was automatically void just because I'm gay.

Anger fueled the bravery it took (yes bravery) , at age 18, shortly after my beloved grandmother's passing and graduation, to tell my mother point-blank that I'm gay. Thankfully I prepared for the worst because the worst is what I got. Within the year I was stripped of all rank--humiliated at times-- and lived until recently as the family outcast.

For a few years, I thought about Christianity, but it didn't take me long to realize that Christianity did not do me wrong, people did. Christian leaders misrepresented Christianity and God, and families all over the world bought it lock, stock and barrel. (Imagine, the Christian guy who beat his family was on a higher level that gay-me who despises violence. It didn't make sense).

Christianity, like other religions, is about standing by your beliefs when you are outnumbered. So, instead of abandoning God I kept Him close and try to live out my life as peaceful as possible. Being a gay Christian is difficult because I'm a rare breed in both the gay and straight worlds. ....gays and straights can be quite judgmental, so I've learned to be a good loner.

What a good thread.
What a great post!

WELCOME to C-D.

I for one am so thrilled you refused to sell, refused to hide and instead held fast to your beliefs and the person you were born to be.
Whether it be christianity, Islam or hindu, people have done a very good job of twisting religion to fit a personal agenda and it always seems to be EXCLUSIONARY--when it ought to be INCLUSIONARY of ALL people--regardless of status or differences.

Old 03-03-2016, 09:22 AM

Quote:

What a good thread.
Good post.

I see you are a man of few posts - 5 in 8 years? I hope you pick up that pace.

Old 03-03-2016, 01:36 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,710,915 times
Quote:

What a good thread.
Recently had a pastor who is in seminary tell me that he read a statistic in which 40% of homosexuals believe in the Christian God--despite the horrible scriptural interpretations used by fundamentalists to disparage them. He is trying to figure out how to reach out to that group of people while staying within the confines of his own denomination's "code of conduct."

I hope you have read Stranger at the Gate by Rev. Mel White--also a gay christian who grew up in a very conservative christian family. He tried to hide who he was--even married and had children--before coming clean with his wife. They stayed married for several years after that before Mel could no longer deny his desire for intimacy with someone of the same sex. If you haven't read it, I hope you will do so. I'm sure you will see yourself in Mel's many struggles--and he ghost wrote for religious leaders and directed christian films until he finally came out.

If you haven't seen the message preached by young gay Matthew Vines you can find it on YouTube. He preached it to his own church questioning their traditional viewpoints with his two year study of Scripture. I think you would find it interesting.

But what you can be sure of is this. There are those of us who are Christ followers that are as willing to accept you in your own faith, or even your lack of it, because we see all of us standing on common ground without any ability to claim superior "righteousness," to anyone else--gay or straight.

Old 03-04-2016, 06:33 AM

45,573 posts, read 27,164,944 times
Matthew Vines does not accurately portray Scripture.

If you are interested in doing your best to follow Christ, the video will not help you. He will focus on homosexuality being a bridge to higher self esteem, which in his opinion is paramount... and he will twist the Scriptures to that end, instead of being more like Christ.

I commented on the video in depth here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity