Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2016, 01:00 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,917,131 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
What did God design in the manner of relationships and child bearing? Male, female, producing children raised by that particular male and female. That's the design. That has the highest probability of being successful.

Homosexuality, God calls an abomination. It is forbidden in the law He made. Being that He designed us, why would a large volume of this behavior result in a positive outcome on a large scale?
What God seems to have designed is a WIDE variety of relationships from family to government. What Jesus taught is that we are ALL in a relationship and should view each other as such. Focussing on reproduction is so narrow minded as to boggle the rest of our minds.

Old 03-07-2016, 01:16 PM

45,573 posts, read 27,172,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
What God seems to have designed is a WIDE variety of relationships from family to government. What Jesus taught is that we are ALL in a relationship and should view each other as such. Focussing on reproduction is so narrow minded as to boggle the rest of our minds.

I know you have to poo-poo reproduction, because there is no way around it. That's how God designed it. That's how we sustain life on the earth. And it comes through a designed male, female sexual union... and the design is flawless down to each individual body part - and extends into our inner depths.

If you want to try something different that God does not like, and you want Him to bless it - good luck with that.

As a follower of Christ - I am gong to stand where Christ is on this. On an individual basis - I understand the grace and mercy aspect - as all people without Christ need Him in their lives. But as a matter of allowing it and promoting the activity on a legislative level - I can't support it.

Old 03-07-2016, 01:34 PM

63,797 posts, read 40,068,856 times
Quote:
I know you have to poo-poo reproduction, because there is no way around it. That's how God designed it. That's how we sustain life on the earth. And it comes through a designed male, female sexual union... and the design is flawless down to each individual body part - and extends into our inner depths.
How you do not see that this is a carnal issue representing a carnal-minded view and not a psiritual one is beyond me. There is probably nothing MORE carnal than sexual reproduction. We are supposed to concern ourselves with spiritual things and be spiritual-minded. That means what is in our hearts and minds (Consciousness) or Spirits. What nate is trying to get you to see is that it is the spiritual state of mind in the relationship that is important NOT the carnal aspects. Love (not lust), fidelity, putting the other's welfare in front of one's own, etc. You and far too many others remain carnal-minded and miss the point of God's desire for us to love God and each other (agape).

Old 03-07-2016, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
How you do not see that this is a carnal issue representing a carnal-minded view and not a psiritual one is beyond me. There is probably nothing MORE carnal than sexual reproduction. We are supposed to concern ourselves with spiritual things and be spiritual-minded. That means what is in our hearts and minds (Consciousness) or Spirits. What nate is trying to get you to see is that it is the spiritual state of mind in the relationship that is important NOT the carnal aspects. Love (not lust), fidelity, putting the other's welfare in front of one's own, etc. You and far too many others remain carnal-minded and miss the point of God's desire for us to love God and each other (agape).
No sexual reproduction - no life. God's interest is life. If that is the case, it would be a big deal to Him as to how life is to be created and sustained.

Gotta have a life in order to love. That means sexual reproduction is important. It's all part of God's plan.

Old 03-07-2016, 02:13 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,168,702 times
Quote:
No sexual reproduction - no life. God's interest is life. If that is the case, it would be a big deal to Him as to how life is to be created and sustained.

Gotta have a life in order to love. That means sexual reproduction is important. It's all part of God's plan.
Is God interested in the straight men and women who are unable to reproduce? Some people are born infertile. Did God mess up on them? Some have illnesses that leave them infertile. They will never create a life.Does God lose interest? How about the straights who don't have sex. Is God interested in them?

Let's see, according to you,.....God's interest is in sexual reproduction and life and yet MILLIONS of people, for whatever reason, never reproduce. Are they less important to God? Are they messing with God's plan? How does that work in your version of religion?

Old 03-07-2016, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Is God interested in the straight men and women who are unable to reproduce? Some people are born infertile. Did God mess up on them? How about the straights who don't have sex. Is God interested in them?

Let's see.....God's interest is in sexual reproduction and yet MILLIONS of people, for whatever reason, never reproduce. Are they less important to God? Are they messing with God's plan? How does that work in your version of religion?

All that you said has nothing to do with the design in place. It is not mandated that all people will produce. There is infertility among the people in the Bible. He is in control. They are no less important.

One thing I know for sure... 100% of life resulted from a male, female, sperm, egg connection.

Old 03-07-2016, 02:24 PM

Quote:
All that you said has nothing to do with the design in place.
Oh...so infertile people are not part of the design in place. Got it.

Old 03-07-2016, 02:26 PM

Quote:
It is not mandated that all people will produce.
Great news for same-sex couples!

You can quit shaking your finger at them.

Old 03-07-2016, 02:35 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,178,156 times
I wish fundamentalists' posts came with a clanging sound to indicate how truth and reason and empathy ricochet off their Fundashields.

I have to supply my own when I read their garbage.

Old 03-07-2016, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Oh...so infertile people are not part of the design in place. Got it.
Nice job neglecting my entire post.

Quote:
Great news for same-sex couples!

You can quit shaking your finger at them.
Context within a conversation also not your strong point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity