Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-30-2015, 08:54 PM

63,797 posts, read 40,068,856 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
For Dopefish, DRob4JC, bryan85, jeffbase40, and other fundamentalists. Please review the sin that your hearts delight in--the subjugation of gays in the name of God:
Burning the *******, The Traditional View Of Homosexuals | Gay, Explained
No matter how one cuts the mustard, fundamentalists were murderers from the beginning. Their killing weapons are different in this nation now, limited by law to name-calling and condemning gays to hell. The feeble efforts of the converted OP notwithstanding, even a gay who is "fighting" an inner battle with how God made him or her is still a victim of Venice today.
Your link exposed a major misunderstanding, Warden. Jesus cursed the Fig tree, so He showed us that "God hates Figs," NOT ****!

Old 11-30-2015, 10:24 PM

7,322 posts, read 6,923,666 times
Come judgment day God sees past the excuses.
You won't be able to blame, nor count on blaming for false teaching for one simple reason .
Jesus provided the Holy Spirit to teach in His place.
Some one walking in relationship with God, GOD can correct, no matter what the flaw is.
Some one looking for excuses is not interested in a relationship with God.
God deals in truth, not deception.

Old 12-01-2015, 02:30 AM

6,792 posts, read 2,904,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
Come judgment day God sees past the excuses.
When I personally state that the Bible (apparently 'your God') says nothing about homosexuality per se (i.e. only referencing sexual practices affiliated with idol worship) I offer only facts and not excuses. I'm not much interested in others that you might be referring to. The Bible (God?) never uses the term or even IMPLIES the term "homosexuality" in Hebrew, Aramaic or Greek. Only some of the post-1946 Bibles decided to use the term corruptly. Is it those specific Bibles (or the post-1946 God?) you would like to discuss here?

Quote:
You won't be able to blame, nor count on blaming for false teaching for one simple reason.

Jesus provided the Holy Spirit to teach in His place.
Have you not noticed how the Holy Spirit has a peculiar habit of teaching conflicting things to different people? And, each 'Spirit-filled" person claims to possess 'the truth'.

Quote:
Some one walking in relationship with God, GOD can correct, no matter what the flaw is.
Sounds like narcissistic rhetoric to me. Anyone who claimed to be walking in a relationship with God would arouse suspicion in me without their having to say another word.

Quote:
Some one looking for excuses is not interested in a relationship with God.
What ARE these 'excuses' you keep referring to? Let us know, then we can perhaps discuss them with you.

Quote:
God deals in truth, not deception.
The Westboro Baptist Church carry banners that read: **** Must Die: See Leviticus 20:13. If one believes that homosexuality (homosexuals here referred to as '****') is a sin that carries the death penalty, then the WBC message IS 'the truth' according to "God", is it not?

Old 12-01-2015, 08:01 AM

350 posts, read 570,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
For Dopefish, DRob4JC, bryan85, jeffbase40, and other fundamentalists. Please review the sin that your hearts delight in--the subjugation of gays in the name of God:
Burning the *******, The Traditional View Of Homosexuals | Gay, Explained

No matter how one cuts the mustard, fundamentalists were murderers from the beginning. Their killing weapons are different in this nation now, limited by law to name-calling and condemning gays to hell. The feeble efforts of the converted OP notwithstanding, even a gay who is "fighting" an inner battle with how God made him or her is still a victim of Venice today.
I'm sorry, but you're not even reading what I wrote. I am not for abolishing homosexuality, killing gay people, praying the gay away, gay camps, segregation, denied rights, and on and on... I do not think homosexuality is more grievous than murder, or harming a child, or beastiality, etc. To me, sin is sin, and I believe in my heart homosexuality is a sin. You may not agree, but you're not God either - and if I can't know with absolute certainty what God or Jesus thinks about it, neither can you... We just have to have faith that what God reveals to us is truth, and at this point in time I believe he's revealed these things to me. Until (or if/when) the veil is lifted, I won't know otherwise. Are you praying for discernment from God on these things, or are you just reading news articles online to form a conviction? I hope you all are praying. I am - and if I'm wrong, I'm sure God will correct me and I'll make a point to come back to this forum and write you all a big apology letter. That's a promise.

It doesn't matter if someone is born gay or not, we are all sinners and in need of salvation. Even if the person is gay and somehow manages to live a life of abstinence, they are still a sinner and in need of Christ's love. I do my utmost to love all people, regardless of their sexual orientation, color of their skin, gender - what have you. It doesn't matter to me. I can't speak for Christians as a whole, but in my heart that's how I feel. Yet time and time again, you and others on this forum lump me into a fundamentalist group that I am simply not a part of. You're blinded by hatred towards this group and discredit anything these people say. How is that any different than a radical Christian disowning their son or daughter for being gay? Just because someone is wrong or disagrees with you does not make them your enemy or a fool. Even if you feel that way, aren't we to love our enemies?

To me, there is also a BIG difference between lovingly teaching someone what is and isn't sin, and judging them as an irreparably hell-bound abomination. If I see my son or daughter stealing candy from the grocery store, is it correct for me as Christian parent to just let them keep doing it without even telling them stealing is wrong? What if I see them molesting a little brother or sister, is it ok to just let it happen and never say a word because it's their life and they need to choose on their own what is good or evil? You could argue these things are vile by ordinary lawful standards, but regardless of that, they are sins and despicable in God's eyes. If I believe homosexuality is a sin, how am I being more loving by not even telling someone that I believe so and showing them the scripture to back it up? That doesn't mean I condemn them to hell and send them off to gay camp, but it means I lovingly teach them a lesson like any parent or friend would do, and show them God's word and offer to be their support if they decide they need/want it. They may decide, as you all do, that homosexuality isn't a sin and go on with their life. Ok, that's their choice. They may be offended and reject my views forever. Ok, that's their choice. But God is bigger and he will do the hard stuff for me. In the meantime, I just need to love the person and treat them like I always have. And hey, if I'm dead wrong on this issue, God won't do a thing and I'll get my own lesson soon enough. I don't think we need to traumatize kids or people with stories of hellfire, but we can love them and at least tell them the truth - that we're all sinners and in need of salvation through Christ.

Last edited by Dopefish; 12-01-2015 at 08:24 AM..

Old 12-01-2015, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
I am passionate about civil rights. You might even call me militant. It is a generational thing. I come from a family of passionate militant activists.

When your brothers and sisters are denied their civil rights.
When women are expected to submit.
When an adult raises their hand to a child for any reason.
When women are denied reproductive healthcare..
When God is confined to a book.
When men do not put the bible in context.
...................... and so forth.

These things grieve me. Sins? I know right from wrong. I will leave the meaningless labels to others.
That's a good list, but just to make your head spin, I want you to know that I agree with you on all those things, except maybe the healthcare one to a certain extent. But I believe you have noble motives for all those things.

Old 12-01-2015, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Kids not having enough to eat....Old people being lonely and having no one to talk to.... The mentally ill living on the streets...... People not having warm coats for winter....

How much time 'ya got? I have a very long list. Being gay is not on it. It wasn't on Jesus' list and it's not on mine.

Those are all good examples. Things I hope to help more with as I'm able and come out of my shell. It's hard being an introvert, haha.

Old 12-01-2015, 08:30 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,168,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopefish View Post
Those are all good examples. Things I hope to help more with as I'm able and come out of my shell. It's hard being an introvert, haha.
Do you shop for groceries? Buy a few extra cans of food and drop them in the food bank donation box at the front of the store. (I like to donate canned fruit. Kids and the elderly especially enjoy it.)

It is hard to be an introvert. Being hungry is harder. God bless.

Old 12-01-2015, 08:34 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,614,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopefish View Post
That's a good list, but just to make your head spin, I want you to know that I agree with you on all those things, except maybe the healthcare one to a certain extent. But I believe you have noble motives for all those things.
I knew we were in agreement about these things.

You are a terrible "Devils Advocate."

Old 12-01-2015, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
I knew we were in agreement about these things.

You are a terrible "Devils Advocate."

Old 12-01-2015, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Do you shop for groceries? Buy a few extra cans of food and drop them in the food bank donation box at the front of the store. (I like to donate canned fruit. Kids and the elderly especially enjoy it.)

It is hard to be an introvert. Being hungry is harder. God bless.
Yeah, that's a good point. My wife keeps telling me that I need to remember that all the little kindnesses are important too. I don't need to do something big to help, just do something.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity