Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2015, 08:47 AM

2,055 posts, read 1,449,700 times

Advertisements

I find it impossible to imagine the next persons' thoughts as the s***head had them stand up and state their religion after he just finished murdering one. Talk about a 'Profile in Courage'.

El Nox
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2015, 09:39 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,399,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Nox View Post
I find it impossible to imagine the next persons' thoughts as the s***head had them stand up and state their religion after he just finished murdering one. Talk about a 'Profile in Courage'.

El Nox

I told my kids who are Christians that they don't need to prove anything to God. God's not going to be upset or count it against them if some mentally ill person has a gun to their head threatening to kill them if they say they are a Christian, and they choose not to.

In such a situation, if they want to show courage, let them do it by loving others ... by doing whatever they are capable of doing to help. (Of course, I imagine the survival instinct takes over in such situations, and it's the rare person who can override that instinct. So, no matter how one responds, there should be no shame about it.) But, don't make some foolish, grandiose, suicidal gesture that does no one any good just to try to prove to God that you're a sincere Christian.

Old 10-03-2015, 03:52 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,943,904 times
Good post.

However, Mercer shot people regardless of their religion. It seems as if he shot those who said they were Christians in the head to spare them suffering. Nobody really knows. According to the latest account of what happened during that horrific, senseless attack, the shooter said "Good, because you’re a Christian, you’re going to see God in just about one second."

I don't think any of his victims knew how to answer, since he shot others in the legs, back and stomach. The heroic military veteran who tried to stop the shooter was hit 7 times and was never asked about his religion. The media jumped on the statement made by a young woman to her Dad before undergoing spinal surgery and is now trying to turn this tragedy into a war against Christianity. Extremists like Pamela Geller are using this sad event to promote her agenda. Obviously the 26 year old student was violent and mentally deranged. However, there's no indication that his shooting rampage was targeting Christians.

By the way, the professor he shot in the head when he walked into the classroom was Jewish. His name was Larry Levine.

Old 10-03-2015, 05:10 PM

9,690 posts, read 10,024,985 times
Religion a motive would be similar to the Columbine High school massacre back in 1999 , where the shooters were asking the people if they were Christians , and when they said yes the shooter would kill them ....... Still there were about 320 schools were attacked were people were hurt or shot and killed in America since 1760 , which is far to many at 320

Old 10-03-2015, 05:39 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,659,569 times
Quote:

El Nox
This is what you get when the media, and many regular non-christians, work overtime trying to paint Christians as hateful bigots.

The forces of evil are on the move.

Old 10-03-2015, 07:24 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,235,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
This is what you get when the media, and many regular non-christians, work overtime trying to paint Christians as hateful bigots.

It isn't really difficult to show someone as a bigot when they exude all the qualities of a bigot.

Old 10-03-2015, 08:51 PM

2,055 posts, read 1,449,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
It isn't really difficult to show someone as a bigot when they exude all the qualities of a bigot.
I do not understand your point.

El Nox

Old 10-03-2015, 09:35 PM

4,751 posts, read 5,442,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Religion a motive would be similar to the Columbine High school massacre back in 1999 , where the shooters were asking the people if they were Christians , and when they said yes the shooter would kill them
Except that is not true, and has never been true. The Columbine shooters didn't give a crap about anyone's religion. They never asked Cassie Bernall if she was a Christian.

Old 10-03-2015, 09:51 PM

7,588 posts, read 6,633,276 times
Quote:
Nobody has to lift a finger to "paint" christians as hateful bigots, when you have so many fundamentalist "christians" showing the world that that's exactly who they are every single day. It's not our fault that we notice the things they do and the way they present themselves.

Quote:
Yes, I see it the same way. Evil. Pure evil.

We are both talking about fundamental christianity, aren't we?

Old 10-03-2015, 10:08 PM

63,822 posts, read 40,118,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Quote:
I do not understand your point.
El Nox
I can't imagine why not. It isn't a subtle point he is making. Fundamentalist Christians act like bigots toward Gays. Their bigoted behavior defines them.

Last edited by MysticPhD; 10-03-2015 at 11:35 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity