Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2015, 03:36 PM

33,339 posts, read 26,558,348 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonBeam33 View Post
It is a sickness if you believe you MUST die for your god and if you don't, you're a coward. You used that word, coward.

GOD knows what is in our hearts and our minds, and God certainly wants us to live our lives. I have children who I want to see grow up and live their lives. God gave me those children. I would say ANYTHING I had to say in order to live so I can spend as long as possible with them. That does not make me a coward. It means I will do anything for my family.
Make no mistake about it. To save their lives, many people would, and have denied Christ out of cowardness.

And a Christian (I don't know if you are a Christian or not) who puts anything, even family, before Christ, has the wrong priority.

God puts some Christians in the situation of having to make the decision of proclaiming Christ at the cost of their own life, or denying Him in order to live. This is something you may never understand.

At any rate, I've spend enough time on this. Further discussion would be a waste of time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2015, 03:45 PM

4,751 posts, read 5,451,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Make no mistake about it. To save their lives, many people would, and have denied Christ out of cowardness.

And a Christian (I don't know if you are a Christian or not) who puts anything, even family, before Christ, has the wrong priority.

God puts some Christians in the situation of having to make the decision of proclaiming Christ at the cost of their own life, or denying Him in order to live. This is something you may never understand.

At any rate, I've spend enough time on this. Further discussion would be a waste of time.
No, I'm not a Christian, and I never will be. That's why I can see this sickness for what it is. I am not afraid of death, but I'm not particularly interested in dying at 40. That doesn't make me a coward. It means I love my life and I love my family. And yes, yes I do put my family before everything else. I consider their needs in every choice I make. That's what a good parent does. Jesus was never a parent, so I guess he doesn't understand that.

You're right, I can never understand the mindset of someone who thinks GOD will put you in a situation where you can choose life or death based on a word or two that comes out of your mouth, and GOD expects you to choose death. That is fcked up.

Old 10-04-2015, 03:58 PM

7,324 posts, read 6,946,285 times
An honest believer has heaven in their future.when to God.
This life is not what we are living for.

Old 10-04-2015, 04:27 PM

88,733 posts, read 85,100,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonBeam33 View Post
No, I do not for ONE SECOND believe that the Oregon shooter was targeting Christians, asking people their religion, etc. I believe he was a mentally deranged man, period.

But, disgustingly, this has been turned into some sort of Christians-are-being-persecuted-so-let's-make-a-meme kind of thing. If you are on FB at all, I'm sure you've seen them.

So, do you, as a Christian, really believe that if someone has a gun to your head and asks if you are a Christian - knowing that if you say "No" you will live (in this fake scenario) - that you are supposed to say "Yes"? Do you truly believe you are supposed to die for your faith? That God would not prefer you to say "No" and be able to live out the rest of your life?
I suppose that idealistically, that is the way to go. In reality, I doubt I would, and I'd probably be trying to think of a way to KILL the perpetrator besides.

When I think of modern-day people who have died for their Christian faith, I think of the Christians in Europe who hid Jews during WWII and then went up against the wall before a firing squad rather than reveal their whereabouts. Greater love has no man than to lay down his life for another, yes, but make it worth something.

Old 10-04-2015, 04:32 PM

19,107 posts, read 27,710,534 times
1. True believer is not afraid of the death
2. True believer KNOWS that EVRYTHING what happens to him or her is per God.
3. True believer KNOWS that if God so decides, not a scratch will be on his skin from a fired bullet.
4. True believer KNOWS that if it's his time to go, so is decided by God and that is RIGHT,

Hence, it is very easy for true believer to make a right decision.

Old 10-04-2015, 04:47 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,276,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
1. True believer is not afraid of the death
2. True believer KNOWS that EVRYTHING what happens to him or her is per God.
3. True believer KNOWS that if God so decides, not a scratch will be on his skin from a fired bullet.
4. True believer KNOWS that if it's his time to go, so is decided by God and that is RIGHT,

Hence, it is very easy for true believer to make a right decision.
And when a "true believer" is robbed?

When a true believer is raped?

When a true believer is called to war?

When the true believer ignores the least of us?

When a true believer exercises free-will and rejects their current situation as God's will?

Old 10-04-2015, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
And when a "true believer" is robbed?

When a true believer is raped?

When a true believer is called to war?

When the true believer ignores the least of us?

When a true believer exercises free-will and rejects their current situation as God's will?
Yeah, they don't have an answer for that.

Old 10-04-2015, 08:01 PM

1,290 posts, read 2,572,704 times
I think some of you have self defense confused with revenge. Regardless, we are called to remain faithful to God, no matter the situation.

Old 10-04-2015, 10:37 PM

The Oregon shooting is either entirely God's will, or it's a terrible tragedy, but it can't be both. You Christians have to make up your minds.

Old 10-04-2015, 10:41 PM

224 posts, read 274,037 times
Personally, I see the school shooting, the Charlestown church shooting, and all other similar events as terrible tragedies authored by Satan, not by God.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity