Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2015, 09:24 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,373,201 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
We will never lie about our beliefs no matter what the consequence.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Why say anything?
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Why not say something?

If I am asked a specific question I will answer.

Could it be ignorance that desires to have the last word?
Does "he spoke not a word" mean anything to you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2015, 09:26 PM

7,321 posts, read 6,930,757 times
God knows what is going to happen , and how to protect those that He want's preserved through an event .
It seems you want God to fit your conditions but your unwilling to fit His.

Old 10-05-2015, 09:28 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,837,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonBeam33 View Post
No, I do not for ONE SECOND believe that the Oregon shooter was targeting Christians, asking people their religion, etc. I believe he was a mentally deranged man, period.

But, disgustingly, this has been turned into some sort of Christians-are-being-persecuted-so-let's-make-a-meme kind of thing. If you are on FB at all, I'm sure you've seen them.

So, do you, as a Christian, really believe that if someone has a gun to your head and asks if you are a Christian - knowing that if you say "No" you will live (in this fake scenario) - that you are supposed to say "Yes"? Do you truly believe you are supposed to die for your faith? That God would not prefer you to say "No" and be able to live out the rest of your life?

Someone's spending too much time perched on the computer, and has no idea what's going on in the world.

Old 10-05-2015, 09:59 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,373,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
God knows what is going to happen , and how to protect those that He want's preserved through an event.
It seems you want God to fit your conditions but your unwilling to fit His.
In any event, this is an ignorant statement.

Old 10-05-2015, 10:49 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,199,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
So all of the witnesses are lying?

I would not deny being a Christian. I'll be dead for much longer than I'll be alive.
Bravado comes easy to anonymous posters on the internet.

Old 10-06-2015, 02:45 PM

339 posts, read 195,295 times
Quote:
No, I do not for ONE SECOND believe that the Oregon shooter was targeting Christians, asking people their religion, etc. I believe he was a mentally deranged man, period.

But, disgustingly, this has been turned into some sort of Christians-are-being-persecuted-so-let's-make-a-meme kind of thing. If you are on FB at all, I'm sure you've seen them.

So, do you, as a Christian, really believe that if someone has a gun to your head and asks if you are a Christian - knowing that if you say "No" you will live (in this fake scenario) - that you are supposed to say "Yes"? Do you truly believe you are supposed to die for your faith? That God would not prefer you to say "No" and be able to live out the rest of your life?

So is it that you don't believe the eye witness accounts, or that you can't fathom a mentally deranged person could do this of his own volition?

Nobody HAS to die for their faith, but they have to be willing to. Every person is different as are the scenarios that could and do occur. No one really knows until he/she gets there. Peter denied Jesus 3 times very vehemently.

Old 10-07-2015, 12:12 AM

4,751 posts, read 5,442,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanJP View Post
So is it that you don't believe the eye witness accounts, or that you can't fathom a mentally deranged person could do this of his own volition?

Nobody HAS to die for their faith, but they have to be willing to.

Every person is different as are the scenarios that could and do occur. No one really knows until he/she gets there. Peter denied Jesus 3 times very vehemently.
Actually, no, no one has to be willing to die for their faith. It's pretty sick to think that someone can't be considered a true believer until they are willing to die for their faith. That is brainwashed, cult-like thinking. It is sad that there are so many brainwashed people who would be willing to die at the hands of a madman to prove something. Sad and sick.

As for the other, the shooter shot everyone. It didn't matter if they said anything - he shot the teacher without asking him anything, he shot a woman in a wheelchair when she was on the floor trying to climb back in (while he was taunting her), and he shot a woman in the back when she said her religion was "nothing." All these accounts are coming out and yet the fundie Christians are still treating it as though they were singled out and only the Christians who testified their faith were brave. Sick.

Old 10-07-2015, 06:52 AM

3,055 posts, read 2,929,736 times
Quote:
Christian means so many things these days so I would hope I would be able to state what type of Christian I am, yet I hope that I would by the grace of God be able to say Yes instead of No (if it was only the one or the other that can be said).

It's not about this world, it is about the next. The Christian who focuses too much on being able to live in this world and enjoy it is missing the point. The meaning of our lives is to glorify God and enjoy Him forever. Glorifying God as far as I can understand is praising Him, and I don't see how denying belief in Him can be praising Him. In fact, Christians living right after the time of Christ counted it a great joy to be persecuted for His name (to be considered worthy enough by God to be set apart for this purpose). It is frightening to think of being actually killed for believing upon Jesus, but I pray that I will never deny belief in Him if it comes to that.

Old 10-07-2015, 07:02 AM

3,987 posts, read 2,114,008 times
His Word tells me that "Whoever denies me before men, I also will deny before my Father who is in heaven" (Matt 10:33). Besides, as soon as he kills me, I'll be with the Lord instead of here on this deranged planet. I would not deny Him.

Old 10-07-2015, 10:33 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,235,302 times
Strange, listening to christian radio stations here in Detroit, I have yet to hear ONE pastor say he / she would have proudly said CHRISTIAN and took the bullet--most said whatever you can do to survive would be quite OK with Jesus. A few even encouraged LYING as the person obviously was EVIL and no one is obligated to speak the truth to EVIL..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity