Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-13-2015, 11:56 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,930,909 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanJP View Post
So your POV is that ALL history has to be written by people who actually lived in those times. We have no reliability about any history then?
It would be great if you actually posted references or citations to these so-called CREDIBLE theologinas so we can test your veracity.
Let's go to the literature, not to apologist sites, OK? Something with a bit of academic or theological veracity, not opinions.

Start of with this one:

Josephus on Jesus
Solomon Zeitlin
The Jewish Quarterly Review
Vol. 21, No. 4 (Apr., 1931), pp. 377-417

JSTOR: Josephus on Jesus

A great book to investigate this is by Professor Erman:

Forgery and Counter Forgery: The Use of Deceit in Early Christian Polemics

A good discussion on the issue, with citations, scholarly ones.

Josephus - RationalWiki

A scholarly dissertation, complete, you can download:

http://drabruzzi.com/ZEITLIN-1928-Th...20Josephus.pdf

Theological enough for you? Don't ever think I make an assertions without already knowing the questions that will come from apologists, and I will already have the backup. Always.

Unlike my sources, opinion by apologists, not scholarly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2015, 08:06 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,203,094 times
Quote:
OK, well as that is the case and you obviously have NO intent whatsoever to have productive discourse, and only seem to want to hear yourself bloviate, you're now on my ignore list.
Hmmm...I think that's a record.

You are REALLY allergic to truth!

Old 10-14-2015, 08:12 AM

2,446 posts, read 1,388,660 times
Quote:
So basically you're saying you WON'T believe, despite the clear evidence of his existence?

Here is a link to EXTERNAL evidence as it seems highly likely you would not accept internal evidence.

Josephus' Account of Jesus: The Testimonium Flavianum
NOTICE: I said, if he were a real person, he was not the son of God. As in, if Jesus were real, he was more than likely just a man. Reading comp is your friend.

Old 10-14-2015, 09:11 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,238,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Hmmm...I think that's a record.

You are REALLY allergic to truth!
Allergic and rejecting the idea of truth being so different from what we have been taught.
Attached Thumbnails
Why didn't Jesus address homosexuality?-jesus-brain-heart.jpg  

Old 10-14-2015, 09:26 AM

9,345 posts, read 4,330,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Can you please explain to me why you think this board equals reality? I can promise you that the vast majority of my life is not spent here debating with the enemies of Christianity. How do you know I'm not out there helping people? I don't feel the need to drag my personal life into these discussions but I will share that music therapy is a big interest of mine.

I only discuss homosexuality a lot here because it is the main hot topic here (I'm not creating these threads either), and I believe it is becoming a vehicle to destroy religious freedom in this country. So I kinda see it as important, ya know.

I will assume that music therapy is similar to pet therapy. I used to be involved in pet therapy where we took our dogs to the hospital to visit patients there. If this is the case then kudos to you for doing music therapy.

Old 10-14-2015, 02:17 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,312,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
I will assume that music therapy is similar to pet therapy. I used to be involved in pet therapy where we took our dogs to the hospital to visit patients there. If this is the case then kudos to you for doing music therapy.
I bet its not Freddie Mercury and Queen

Old 10-14-2015, 02:17 PM

10,091 posts, read 5,741,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
Yes exactly! I play acoustic fingerstyle guitar which really relaxes and calms people. I believe in the healing power of music.

Old 10-14-2015, 02:21 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,198,776 times
Quote:
Yes exactly! I play acoustic fingerstyle guitar which really relaxes and calms people. I believe in the healing power of music.
Well, good for you, Jeffy. Well done.

Old 10-14-2015, 02:37 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,330,906 times
Quote:

Good for you. I do not think that if I tried playing a guitar it would sooth anyone

Music, art and dogs: all great for people

Old 10-14-2015, 03:25 PM

339 posts, read 195,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
Let's go to the literature, not to apologist sites, OK? Something with a bit of academic or theological veracity, not opinions.
What's the difference, or are you predisposed to NOT believe apologists?
Did you even read the link by THEOLOGIAN Michael Gleghorn?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
Start of with this one:
Josephus on Jesus
Solomon Zeitlin
The Jewish Quarterly Review
Vol. 21, No. 4 (Apr., 1931), pp. 377-417
JSTOR: Josephus on Jesus
A great book to investigate this is by Professor Erman:
Forgery and Counter Forgery: The Use of Deceit in Early Christian Polemics
A good discussion on the issue, with citations, scholarly ones.
Josephus - RationalWiki
A scholarly dissertation, complete, you can download:
http://drabruzzi.com/ZEITLIN-1928-Th...20Josephus.pdf
Theological enough for you? Don't ever think I make an assertions without already knowing the questions that will come from apologists, and I will already have the backup. Always.
Unlike my sources, opinion by apologists, not scholarly.
I'll use your tact now, and say that Erman is an apostate and RationalWiki is anti Christian. Regardless you make no points other than to cite these articles. What are they going to prove? Did Jesus exist or not?
As you have already dismissed Josephus, why post a link to his works?

It's not really hard to find links to support any bias, the trick is to understand and support them with your own knowledge.

You can check this out, and then get the eBook if you are really interested in the TRUTH.
http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&...,d.cGU&cad=rjt
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity