Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-13-2015, 12:01 PM

10,087 posts, read 5,734,940 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
Congratulations. You LOOKED something up for a change and got an opinion from other than discredited sources like Matt Slick Baby.

The needle moved a millimeter towards center.
I don't recall ever posting a link from CARM, but it's no surprise that he is so depised here. Anyone who defends and stands up for God becomes a target. Makes me wonder which side you are on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2015, 12:08 PM

18,492 posts, read 9,161,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
I don't recall ever posting a link from CARM, but it's no surprise that he is so depised here. Anyone who defends and stands up for God becomes a target. Makes me wonder which side you are on.
I defend and stand up for the Invisible Burrito Creature. You insult the IBC every time you worship the false god of Christianity.

The IBC is ok with homosexuality, as long as no corn tortillas are harmed in the process.

Old 10-13-2015, 12:26 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,647,423 times
Quote:
Because HIV IS NOT spread by things like dirty needles, right?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HIV/AIDS_in_Africa
Jeff, can you please explain your obsession with all things gay? Why not champion a cause that can actually help people and make a difference? Most churches never have enough volunteers, find out where you're needed. Look at all the time you've wasted railing against a small group of people whom you can never change. Surely you must have a less self-defeating interest that you can pursue with the same amount of zeal.

Old 10-13-2015, 12:38 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,223,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Why didn't Jesus address pedophilia, or domestic abuse or sex slaves or all of the hundreds of different sins we can think of? The Ten Commandants covers all sins and Jesus said to follow them.
Those are not just "sins," they are coercive and force others to participate against their will so common sense (remember that?) says it is WRONG, regardless of if one thinks it is a "sin."

And the Big 10 says what about SSM??

The 10 Commandments List, Short Form

You shall have no other gods before Me.
You shall not make idols.
You shall not take the name of the LORD your God in vain.
Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy.
Honor your father and your mother.
You shall not murder.
You shall not commit adultery.
You shall not steal.
You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.
You shall not covet.

NOTHING here about SSM...

Old 10-13-2015, 12:40 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,922,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
Congratulations. You LOOKED something up for a change and got an opinion from other than discredited sources like Matt Slick Baby.

The needle moved a millimeter towards center.
I think this may have been the second or third time that I saw Jeff attempting to reference a credible site. It's progress, not perfection.

Old 10-13-2015, 12:43 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,922,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Those are not just "sins," they are coercive and force others to participate against their will so common sense (remember that?) says it is WRONG, regardless of if one thinks it is a "sin."

And the Big 10 says what about SSM??

The 10 Commandments List, Short Form

You shall have no other gods before Me.
You shall not make idols.
You shall not take the name of the LORD your God in vain.
Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy.
Honor your father and your mother.
You shall not murder.
You shall not commit adultery.
You shall not steal.
You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.
You shall not covet.

NOTHING here about SSM...
Yeah, and it kind of avoids issues like incest, pedophilia, slavery and rape. Somewhat serious issues, but I guess it is more important to have the first five talk about adulation of a narcissistic entity.

Old 10-13-2015, 01:14 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,920,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
So, you are saying that all of the Old Testament Laws are binding on Christians?
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
They are binding on the unbeliever.
So, what is binding on the believer?

Old 10-13-2015, 01:45 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
In other words God is holding all accountable(especially homosexuals) until they believe and once they do believe they are no longer accountable and have escaped eternal damnation. Thankfully the scriptures do not teach this.

Old 10-13-2015, 02:06 PM

10,087 posts, read 5,734,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizaTeal View Post
Jeff, can you please explain your obsession with all things gay? Why not champion a cause that can actually help people and make a difference? Most churches never have enough volunteers, find out where you're needed. Look at all the time you've wasted railing against a small group of people whom you can never change. Surely you must have a less self-defeating interest that you can pursue with the same amount of zeal.

Can you please explain to me why you think this board equals reality? I can promise you that the vast majority of my life is not spent here debating with the enemies of Christianity. How do you know I'm not out there helping people? I don't feel the need to drag my personal life into these discussions but I will share that music therapy is a big interest of mine.

I only discuss homosexuality a lot here because it is the main hot topic here (I'm not creating these threads either), and I believe it is becoming a vehicle to destroy religious freedom in this country. So I kinda see it as important, ya know.

Old 10-13-2015, 02:28 PM

2,446 posts, read 1,387,019 times
Quote:
Can you please explain to me why you think this board equals reality? I can promise you that the vast majority of my life is not spent here debating with the enemies of Christianity. How do you know I'm not out there helping people? I don't feel the need to drag my personal life into these discussions but I will share that music therapy is a big interest of mine.

I only discuss homosexuality a lot here because it is the main hot topic here (I'm not creating these threads either), and I believe it is becoming a vehicle to destroy religious freedom in this country. So I kinda see it as important, ya know.
I see your Christian persecution narrative is still alive and kicking!

On the OP, I don't think Jesus was a real person, or if he was he wasn't the "son of God" or whatever you want to call him. But if he were, maybe because it wasn't a huge issue. Maybe Jesus was more worried about people loving each other and being happy?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity