Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2015, 01:34 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,283,701 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
God seems to send most of the tornadoes and hurricanes to the Bible Belt, which means there must be a lot of gay sex going on in those areas.
Maybe Jeff will share his thoughts on this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2015, 01:43 PM

802 posts, read 455,852 times
Default Do we know Jesus' sexual orientation?

Might it be possible that Jesus himself was a homosexual. See these two segments, the first from the regular Gospel of Mark, and the second from the much more recently discovered (Sectet) Gospel of Mark.

Gospel of Mark, Chapter 14:
A certain young man was following him, wearing nothing but a linen cloth. They caught hold of him, 52 but he left the linen cloth and ran off naked. Mark chapter 14 (NRSV)

The Secret Gospel of Mark:
“They came to Bethany. There was one woman there whose brother had died. She came and prostrated herself before Jesus and spoke to him. "Son of David, pity me!" But the disciples rebuked her. Jesus was angry and went with her into the garden where the tomb was. Immediately a great cry was heard from the tomb. And going up to it, Jesus rolled the stone away from the door of the tomb, and immediately went in where the young man was. Stretching out his hand, he lifted him up, taking hold his hand. And the youth, looking intently at him, loved him and started begging him to let him remain with him. And going out of the tomb, they went into the house of the youth, for he was rich. And after six days Jesus gave him an order and, at evening, the young man came to him wearing nothing but a linen cloth. And he stayed with him for the night, because Jesus taught him the mystery of the Kingdom of God. And then when he left he went back to the other side of the Jordan.”

Old 10-12-2015, 01:54 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,747,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
So you want to ban the truth? People like you want to twist, contort and inject extra meanings into scripture that is very clear. Homosexuality is a sin. One only has to look at the physical bodies of both sexes and clearly see that God designed the different sexes to interact perfectly together on an emotional and sexual basis.

Let me ask you a simple question. If everyone in society were heterosexual, would the HIV rate be as high as it is today? Yes or No.
What a load of horse hockey. A big stinking load at that.

If you say you really know homosexuals--I mean know them, then I'm going to call you a flat out liar. A homosexual CANNOT fit together on an emotional basis with the opposite sex. When they look at the opposite sex, they think of them sexually like you do when you look at men (unless you are that closeted homosexual that I personally suspect).

Try reading Mel White's autobiography. Brought up as a conservative christian, leading youth groups, ghost writing books for the likes of Jerry Falwell, Billy Graham, Pat Robertson, and others, he fought "gay" feelings for most of his young life. Even married and had two children. But he had to think of a man when having sex with his wife.

No one is interested in banning the truth. We don't even care if you want to reject the truth and make Jesus into a demagogue like the OT god. What we do care about is that we will do everything in our collective power to keep you from being able to treat homosexuals any differently than a heterosexual in the work place, in entertainment, in sports, in the military, or in the offices of county clerks.

We don't need to inject extra meanings into scripture--you never got the basic message anyway.

Old 10-12-2015, 01:57 PM

4,040 posts, read 2,568,977 times
Sorry to jump in so late.

Three quick points:

1) I can't recall Jesus speaking too much on things that were pervasive in Roman culture. Can you?
He mostly addressed the Jews and their customs and practices. So to say "male on male sex was prevalent in Ancient Rome, yet Jesus didn't address it, so somehow that is relevant" is wrong imo.

2) There was a very long thread presented by RomulusXXV that pretty clearly demonstrated the concept of Sodom and Gomorrah being destroyed "for homosexuality" is 100% false. To try to hold onto that claim seems disingenuous as far as truth seeking goes.

3) While I cannot say with conviction that practicing homosexuality is not a sin, what I can say regarding the matter is that if it is a sin, it is no more of a sin than adultery, stealing, etc.etc. possibly less so, since these two were part of the 10 Commandments whereas same sex relations were not mentioned.

Old 10-12-2015, 02:30 PM

10,099 posts, read 5,767,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
And for extra credit:

Is God going to destroy the U.S. because gays are having sex?

You are extraordinarily concerned with gay sex, Jeffy. Are you worried God is going to wipe us off the map because of it? Is that why you join every thread with even a whisper of homosexuality to tell everyone about gays and disease? Are you attempting to save America?
I am concerned with the consequences, not the act itself. BIG difference.

God doesn't have to destroy the US. We'll do it to ourselves.

Old 10-12-2015, 02:42 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,283,701 times
Quote:

Lol.... Were you not concerned with the act itself.... you would have several dozen fewer posts.

That second paragraph is nothing but a dodge. Or can we put you down for thinking your fellow fundamentalists, who think God is going to wipe us off the map because of homosexual sin, are wrong? They'll be unhappy to know you have deserted the ranks.

Old 10-12-2015, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
What a load of horse hockey. A big stinking load at that.

If you say you really know homosexuals--I mean know them, then I'm going to call you a flat out liar. A homosexual CANNOT fit together on an emotional basis with the opposite sex. When they look at the opposite sex, they think of them sexually like you do when you look at men (unless you are that closeted homosexual that I personally suspect).
They may be able to develop some type of emotional connection, but certainly not physically without taking health risks. If we are going to be honest here then promiscuity has long been associated with gays so how can you maintain a close emotional bond when you are out there sharing your body all over the place?

Here is the thing I find quite interesting. Any recent study regarding homosexuality nowadays is extremely supportive of them. A decade ago, it was quite different. I can't find a single recent study regarding promiscuity. You know why? Because the evidence is so clear that they don't want people to know that legalized SSM hasn't led to monogamy and less risky behavior. That's denying the truth.

Quote:

Try reading Mel White's autobiography. Brought up as a conservative christian, leading youth groups, ghost writing books for the likes of Jerry Falwell, Billy Graham, Pat Robertson, and others, he fought "gay" feelings for most of his young life. Even married and had two children. But he had to think of a man when having sex with his wife.
Well if you recommend it, I certainly won't read it.

Quote:

No one is interested in banning the truth. We don't even care if you want to reject the truth and make Jesus into a demagogue like the OT god. What we do care about is that we will do everything in our collective power to keep you from being able to treat homosexuals any differently than a heterosexual in the work place, in entertainment, in sports, in the military, or in the offices of county clerks.

We don't need to inject extra meanings into scripture--you never got the basic message anyway.
We have no desire to treat them differently. We just don't want to have to participate in their sinful lifestyle on any level even if that involves something like baking a wedding cake or signing consent to marriage license.

Old 10-12-2015, 02:48 PM

18,530 posts, read 9,219,839 times
Quote:

I'm pretty sure gay sex is low on the list of actual threats to the country. Yeah, there are STDs, but that's a problem with all promiscuous sex. Oddly enough a "crazy liberal idea" like gay marriage would (theoretically) reduce promiscuity and therefore the spread of STDs. So you heard it here first: gay marriage is actually a conservative idea. You should support it.

I'm more concerned with stuff like climate change, growing wealth inequality, ISIL, our own religious nutjobs, Donald Trump, the elimination of the middle class by automation and artificial intelligence, etc.

Old 10-12-2015, 03:14 PM

Quote:
I'm pretty sure gay sex is low on the list of actual threats to the country. Yeah, there are STDs, but that's a problem with all promiscuous sex. Oddly enough a "crazy liberal idea" like gay marriage would (theoretically) reduce promiscuity and therefore the spread of STDs. So you heard it here first: gay marriage is actually a conservative idea. You should support it.
If that was true then we should be seeing evidence of it at least in countries that have legalized SSM for many years. But it's not there. STDS are still being spread.

Quote:

I'm more concerned with stuff like climate change, growing wealth inequality, ISIL, our own religious nutjobs, Donald Trump, the elimination of the middle class by automation and artificial intelligence, etc.
Well start another thread and complain about those problems then. You want me to pretend like this problem doesn't exist because there are other problems you deem more important? That's a form of denial.

Old 10-12-2015, 03:15 PM

16,745 posts, read 15,783,697 times
Quote:

Well, you claimed the Bible said that sexual immorality destroyed nations. Which ones?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity