Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2015, 01:00 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,245,738 times

Advertisements

Whenever I feel a lack of idiocy in my life, I can always count on finding some here.

Old 10-11-2015, 01:51 PM

4,432 posts, read 6,994,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronOB View Post
The Holy Bible warns about Dead Churches and Apostasy in the Last Time. As predicted two thousands years ago leftists now have almost killed the True Christianity and smoothed the way for Islam and Sharia law in western countries.Why leftists fervently desire Sharia law in western countries? The answer can be easy, it is due to abnormality of leftism, a devils teaching born in ill heads which allows anything wrong and prohibits anything good.More as 300 millions innocent victims leftism already killed e.g. in Russia, China, the East Europa, Cambodia etc. In addition to that leftism kills 800 millions still Christian people who live today in still Christian countries due to conquer this countries by Islam.
Look this crazy traitorous female 'Christian' 'Bishop', can you imagine yourselves that one Muslim Imam somewhere in a big European or US city show only a whiff of compliance for Christian needs?
Therefore, if you still believe in Jesus Christ you shall leave such dead 'churches' immediately ( in the western countries more as 90 % of all churches are already dead ), read the Holy Bible and pray to Jesus for helping to find a true one.Otherwise such dead 'churches' will help you go to Hell, not to Paradise.
By the way it is not for nothing that the Holy Bible demands from Christians:

Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law.
1 Corinthians 14:34

And here are the results of disobedience Gods commandments.

A lesbian female 'bishop' of a dead 'church' prepares the way for Sharia law in Sweden.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkfRkR1Pqag
Many leftists today want religion kept out of politics. There is no western democracy where Sharia law is imposed. As far as I know the leftists I know do not desire sharia law imposed.

Anyway Martin Luther King Jr was considered a leftist and even there were people in the Christian right that labeled him a communist. It was due to he was a leading a movement in the USA for equal rights of Black people in the USA and many Whites were fearful of the black protests that were lead or influenced by Martin Luther King Jr during the 1950s and 1960s.

Old 10-11-2015, 04:01 PM

598 posts, read 359,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Any church that speaks like the bible is the power of God is a dead church.
This is about the thinest ice statement I have ever heard this side of being blatantly wrong.

The Bible is the only source of divine authority on earth. However, and as the apostle said "we speak in a mystery" not making the truth easy to be determined by all but only by those who learn God 's Laws for determining the truth of the scriptures condensed by the prophet Isaiah in chapter 28.

Very few have practiced this since the time of the apostles and this is why the church has grown impotent, not because God has

Old 10-11-2015, 04:07 PM

1,592 posts, read 1,216,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livelystone View Post
The Bible is the only source of divine authority on earth.
Therefore, prior to the bible, there was no divine authority on earth?

Old 10-11-2015, 04:17 PM

63,949 posts, read 40,236,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by svendrell View Post
Good one!!

Old 10-11-2015, 04:20 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,358,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by livelystone View Post
this is about the thinest ice statement i have ever heard this side of being blatantly wrong.

The bible is the only source of divine authority on earth. However, and as the apostle said "we speak in a mystery" not making the truth easy to be determined by all but only by those who learn god 's laws for determining the truth of the scriptures condensed by the prophet isaiah in chapter 28.

Very few have practiced this since the time of the apostles and this is why the church has grown impotent, not because god has
says you not the scripture.

Old 10-11-2015, 05:10 PM

Quote:
This is about the thinest ice statement I have ever heard this side of being blatantly wrong.

The Bible is the only source of divine authority on earth. However, and as the apostle said "we speak in a mystery" not making the truth easy to be determined by all but only by those who learn God 's Laws for determining the truth of the scriptures condensed by the prophet Isaiah in chapter 28.

Very few have practiced this since the time of the apostles and this is why the church has grown impotent, not because God has
I believed as you believed, Livelystone. That there was a mystery that had to be unlocked. Maybe if I prayed harder or did something differently. I need to crack a code in the scriptures.

"Please Jesus come, come." Begging, pleading. Now, I only ask one question...

How crazy is it to pray for somebody to come, who never leaves you? If I look over at my brother on the couch and ask him to come, he'd just start laughing. He'd be like, I'm right here - you want me on your lap?

However, if a breakthrough or secret is handy, it would be this: make the journey with God a conversational one, where you talk about what you're having for lunch, about getting brake pads, everything.

Again, I've been where you're coming from. I get it.

Old 10-11-2015, 05:12 PM

And I believe just came in the flesh and left in the flesh, before anybody goes down that road. Feel my hands, real, etc. So I'm not claiming a physical presence. But he is with us. The comforter is there.

Old 10-11-2015, 05:22 PM

63,949 posts, read 40,236,649 times
Quote:
The Bible is the only source of divine authority on earth.
This denies what we are specifically told in favor of what we are never told. We are never told anywhere in the Bible that the Bible is the word of God and the only divine authority on earth. But the Bible DOES tell us that Jesus IS the Word of God and IS the divine authority on earth AND He abides with us as the Comforter sent in His name to guide us to the truth God has "written in our hearts" so we do not need anyone to teach us. How do you explain that????

Old 10-11-2015, 05:23 PM

598 posts, read 359,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by svendrell View Post
The Bible is the only source of divine authority on earth where man can go to compare their thoughts "line upon line" with what God says

Prior to the Bible they still had the OT scriptures that Paul studied extensively the same as King David studied the Law that had been written down and handed from generation to generation

Prior to Moses being given the law for man to receive anything from "divine authority," the Spirit of the Lord had to reveal it.......... however the Spirit of the Lord appears to man at God's whim and not man's, or plainly stated man could not always speak with God any old time he wanted to.

Fair enough?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity