Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2016, 02:37 PM

5,182 posts, read 5,279,704 times

Advertisements

As I understand it, Heaven is limited to 144,000. These are known as the "anointed." They, along with God, will be rulers although I'm not clear as to their ruling responsibilities. Many, if not all, are already in Heaven. The rest of the faithful will enjoy an afterlife too but here on Earth after Armageddon. The evil people in the Armageddon will have no afterlife. They are simply not resurrected after death.

Your corrections welcome.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2016, 02:47 PM

16,008 posts, read 6,403,546 times
Sounds right to me. (source exJW)

JW believe death is a state of non existence.

Old 01-25-2016, 03:32 AM

9,702 posts, read 10,070,675 times
The 144,000 people is only the Jews that God is saving and only a shadow of Jesus redemption from the cross , , this number does not represent the Christians who come through Jesus by the spirit of Christ protection ......... See Jesus is the cornerstone which the builders of religion rejected

Old 01-25-2016, 03:35 AM

589 posts, read 332,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvert Hall '62 View Post
As I understand it, Heaven is limited to 144,000. These are known as the "anointed." They, along with God, will be rulers although I'm not clear as to their ruling responsibilities. Many, if not all, are already in Heaven. The rest of the faithful will enjoy an afterlife too but here on Earth after Armageddon. The evil people in the Armageddon will have no afterlife. They are simply not resurrected after death.

Sounds good. At fisrt I thought you were saying only 144000 will make it to heaven!

Old 01-25-2016, 04:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
Sounds right to me. (source exJW)

JW believe death is a state of non existence.
I believe so too. But those that die not deceived by antichrist, or fighting against god in the battle of armageddon( NOT fighting in the battle of armageddon against God) will be revived after death and the battle to life in Christ. I do not believe that people who merely die without Jesus but never were really too evil will be dead forever.

Old 01-25-2016, 04:30 PM

10,095 posts, read 5,020,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvert Hall '62 View Post
Ruling responsibilities according to Revelation 5:9-10 mentions two (2) jobs for them:
1] they will serve mankind as kings. Meaning taking care of governmental responsibilities of earthly subjects. - Psalm 72:8
2] they will serve mankind as priests. Meaning they will take care of spiritual duties for earthly subjects of God's kingdom.

Old 01-25-2016, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
The 144,000 people is only the Jews that God is saving and only a shadow of Jesus redemption from the cross , , this number does not represent the Christians who come through Jesus by the spirit of Christ protection ......... See Jesus is the cornerstone which the builders of religion rejected
Please notice that since Pentecost the ' Jews' are Spiritual Jews, or Spiritual Israelites - Romans 2:28-29
The ' Israel of God ' is a ' spiritual nation ' with Jerusalem ( seat of government ) above as mother - Galatians 4:26; 6:16
Spiritual Israel can Not be located on any map - 1st Peter 2:9,5
Since Acts chapter 10 (Cornelius) anyone ( Jew or non-Jew ) can be part of Spiritual Israel the Christian congregation.
By the Grace of God fleshly Israel today exists as a national group, and anyone one of them can become a spiritual Israelite meaning can become a Christian.

Old 01-25-2016, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David in Christ View Post
I believe so too. But those that die not deceived by antichrist, or fighting against god in the battle of armageddon( NOT fighting in the battle of armageddon against God) will be revived after death and the battle to life in Christ. I do not believe that people who merely die without Jesus but never were really too evil will be dead forever.

Please notice Jesus has No humans on earth fighting with him at Armageddon, but angelic armies -> Rev. 19:14-15
The words from Jesus' mouth will execute the wicked - Isaiah 11:3-4
The wicked will be destroyed forever - Psalm 92:7
Including wicked Satan will be destroyed by Jesus - Hebrews 2:14 B
Those who commit the unforgivable sin - Matthew 12:32; Hebrews 6:4-6 - will perish forever.
That is why we have the choice of 2nd Peter 3:9 to either repent or perish ( be destroyed ).

We are soon approaching the ' time of separation ' on earth - Matthew 25:31-33 - when living people on earth can remain alive on earth, and continue to live on earth, right into the start of Jesus' coming 1,000- year governmental rulership over earth when the humble meek will inherit the earthly part of God's kingdom - Matthew 5:5; Psalm 37:11,29

Old 01-25-2016, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
Please notice Jesus has No humans on earth fighting with him at Armageddon, but angelic armies -> Rev. 19:14-15
The words from Jesus' mouth will execute the wicked - Isaiah 11:3-4
The wicked will be destroyed forever - Psalm 92:7
Including wicked Satan will be destroyed by Jesus - Hebrews 2:14 B
Those who commit the unforgivable sin - Matthew 12:32; Hebrews 6:4-6 - will perish forever.
That is why we have the choice of 2nd Peter 3:9 to either repent or perish ( be destroyed ).

We are soon approaching the ' time of separation ' on earth - Matthew 25:31-33 - when living people on earth can remain alive on earth, and continue to live on earth, right into the start of Jesus' coming 1,000- year governmental rulership over earth when the humble meek will inherit the earthly part of God's kingdom - Matthew 5:5; Psalm 37:11,29
NO the antichrist gathers humans together to fight Satan by telling and deceiving them that God is leading them into fighting Satan in the battle of armageddon; one of the battles.

Old 01-25-2016, 05:45 PM

He tells them the lies that Satan wants to harm attack and kill them and that Satan is evil and also the lie that God will guide shield, and aid them in battle when it's ONLY him and his angels. He's scared of Satan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity