Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2016, 03:45 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,701,487 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
Danizier also has a good article on The Blasephemy of Bibleolatry. He is not writing as one with a particular axe to grind as he is an agnostic--but one who is extremely interested in the message of Jesus.

https://danizier.wordpress.com/2011/...f-bibleolatry/

If Yabbhadou doesn't spend his intelligence ration learning for himself by reading many differing opinion, he'll wind up in your own sad situation--which used to be mine as well.

It's very, very easy to accept writings as perfect when one needs an idol rather than an example. For those of us who peruse Scripture to seek the best it has to offer--it requires something you aren't practicing--REAL faith. Closing one's eyes and clapping one's hands over their ears may be a lot of things--it's just not faith.
Shame on you Warden for using God to abuse ppl ! Do you feel any remorse, guilt, for how you treat other's ? Or have you gone to the point that God has handed you over to your defiance with a severed conscience !

What we see is just an angry old man who has resorted to the internet hiding himself cowardly behind a computer screen to beat ppl up emotionally because one is so miserable !

If one had one ounce of Jesus in their life they would realize how their attitude of the heart is leading them astray by the way they treat others ! We will know them by their fruits. Yet, it seems one' heart is so blinded with their self-righteousness that it has deceived one and led themselves right out of the boundaries of God's love !

What you have said above means absolutely nothing you're just a mere defiant man and is trying to play God with the lives of ppl .
And anyone who knows the Lord can discern this rebellion that one is walking in and can see that the behavior of one is the result of his defiance who has and continues to blasphemy the Lord with their rebellion !

But the person who does anything defiantly, whether he is native or an alien, that one is blaspheming the Lord; and that person shall be cut off from among his people. Numbers 15:30 (NASB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
and so Wardendresden quotes the Bible (Matthew 22:37-40) as if what .... it is equal to Jesus saying it?

Sad ... just sad.
Yes, it is Twin !! Really sad to see such behavior and say God is with him !
I honestly can see why God has removed him from the pulpit !!! He definitely is not a spokesman for God but a false witness that is for sure !

Quote:
There is much sadness. You have those verses in a book. I have them in my heart---and nothing else in your book is powerful enough to overcome those two Great Commandments in my heart.
Boy are you going to be surprise some day !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2016, 06:24 AM

45,591 posts, read 27,215,643 times
Basically the thread title comes down to whom people believe is the source of the Bible.
  • Those who believe it's just the writings of mere men, believe the Bible is not inspired by God.
  • Those who believe God used the men in writing the content, and interpreting the content, believe the Bible is inspired by God.
  • Those who believe that it's a mix of the two above possibilities, believe their own interpretation is inspired by God.

Old 02-22-2016, 08:15 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,500,276 times
Quote:
There is much sadness. You have those verses in a book. I have them in my heart---and nothing else in your book is powerful enough to overcome those two Great Commandments in my heart.
Your ability to have quoted those exact words from Jesus would not have been possible if it were not for God the Holy Spirit having God's Word written down under inspiration.

As God the Holy Spirit said of Scriptures (the Bible - nothing else) :
"how from childhood you have been acquainted with the Holy Scriptures,
which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus"
The true Spirit will direct toward Scriptures --- not the heart --- that will make you wise for salvation.

Old 02-22-2016, 08:59 AM

10,688 posts, read 7,719,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Your ability to have quoted those exact words from Jesus would not have been possible if it were not for God the Holy Spirit having God's Word written down under inspiration.

As God the Holy Spirit said of Scriptures (the Bible - nothing else) :
"how from childhood you have been acquainted with the Holy Scriptures,
which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus"
The true Spirit will direct toward Scriptures --- not the heart --- that will make you wise for salvation.
I stated pretty clearly that the Bible is a "witness" toward Jesus Christ. It's just not the rulebook you have turned it into. Biblical inerrancy is a break from traditional Christianity. Paul Tillich, renowned theologian, pointed out that faith requires an element of doubt. It's a choice to believe in the incomplete or even imperfect evidence. Inerrancy on the other hand, is an arrogant claim to certainty in the face of reality.

Faith, as Paul Tillich say, requires an element of doubt. It’s a choice to believe in the face of incomplete, or even imperfect evidence. Inerrancy, on the other hand, is an arrogant claim to certainty in the face of a definitive reality.

Last edited by Wardendresden; 02-22-2016 at 09:26 AM..

Old 02-22-2016, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Basically the thread title comes down to whom people believe is the source of the Bible.
  • Those who believe it's just the writings of mere men, believe the Bible is not inspired by God.
  • Those who believe God used the men in writing the content, and interpreting the content, believe the Bible is inspired by God.
  • Those who believe that it's a mix of the two above possibilities, believe their own interpretation is inspired by God.
Wrong again, DRob4JC. As a witness, the book may be flawed and incorrect on details and ideas. That doesn't mean the overall message is of no effect. But for you and others it's all about the "messenger" rather than the Message. My grandmother was a lot like the Bible--She wasn't perfect, but I could still trust what she had to say as true.

I still hold some hope out for you. It's not too late for you to discover those two Great Commandments and use them in dealing with others. Moderator cut: deleted

Last edited by june 7th; 02-23-2016 at 01:48 PM..

Old 02-22-2016, 09:59 AM

63,846 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Hmmm!! Where have I abused someone on this thread? And even if I have, your very words in your own post point to your hypocrisy. Aren't we all glad that I'm the only one hiding behind the internet--because certainly you are not.

I am an old man, and crippled as well. Be sure to include that in your abuse next time.

What you have is a RULEBOOK--as does Twin, and DRob4JC. That is NOT having Christ in your heart. You could have selected the Quran just as easily--another "perfect" rulebook.

In addition, I don't need to lie to myself first and then others as well about how the book is "perfect," because it isn't. It is the testimony of flawed individuals. God is using this flawed individual to rebuke you for hypocrisy and Pharasaism.

All of you are modernists-deluded by an early twentieth century phenomenon of inerrancy invented by a scientifically uneducated individuals (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fundam...st_Controversy) Satan as the Adversary knows how well people want to love words in a book--and she has seduced you into putting your trust in it--when it's purpose is to point to what is greater than itself.

I left the church not to abandon my faith, but to preserve it. You remain because it glorifies your idol.

The four defining marks for the takeover of evangelical churches are all hallmarks of the Pharisees.
Christian fundamentalists are driving our country into the Dark Ages

Fundamentalism in America is the greatest threat to freedom since Adolf Hitler--who initially used some of the same concepts to try to take over his nation. Like him, any opinion regarding God's nature that differs from your worldview of God is considered an attack on God Himself.

Against fundamentalism, I am your worst nightmare. An individual having a personal moment of salvation, one who studied the Bible in college (21 hours) at a very conservative college (our president was also the President of Gideons International), and who is quite capable of seeing the dichotomy of writings within both the Old and New Testaments. I am a greater danger than atheists, agnostics, or Democrats. You have no choice but to see me as the Devil incarnate because I challenge your worldview in a way that you cannot dismiss.

Your ability to hide behind the "book" and to treat others that do not believe the same as you as if from Satan shows how very like ISIS you are. You just aren't killing people physically--yet--save homosexuals whom you have attempted to destroy with your ugly interpretations of the "book." But already you are trying to control minds with video games:
RELIGION-US: Video Game Metes Out Death to InfidelsThe game even uses "prayer" after killing an "enemy" in order to revive "spiritual" points. The article is from February, 2016. Nice job of training YOUR youth to kill those who disagree with you. James Dobson praises the game on his website--so you are in "good" company promoting it.

So shame on me if you wish. Make fun of my age and decrepit condition. Maybe you can feel better about yourself. That's fine with me. I'm not interested in converting you. I'm interested in saving young people from the ugliness of a rulebook life. And I'll fight you until my dying breath. For I once was you--I was blind, but now I see.
Powerful, powerful witness, Warden! Those who attack you as a spawn of Satan actually believe they are defending God when they defend the Bible. It is not really their fault. They have been conditioned, sometimes over a lifetime to see it that way. If only they would focus their defense on the instructions of Jesus to love God and each other and repent when they don't instead of defending fables and flawed, barbaric and primitive interpretations and superstitions about God. They don't even recognize themselves in the Bible:

1 Timothy 1:4
Neither give heed to fables and endless genealogies, which minister questions, rather than godly edifying which is in faith: so do.

1 Timothy 4:7
But refuse profane and old wives' fables, and exercise thyself rather unto godliness.

2 Timothy 4:4
And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

Titus 1:14
Not giving heed to Jewish fables, and commandments of men, that turn from the truth.

2 Peter 1:16
For we have not followed cunningly devised fables, when we made known unto you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eyewitnesses of his majesty.

Old 02-22-2016, 10:27 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,701,487 times
Quote:
Hmmm!! Where have I abused someone on this thread? And even if I have, your very words in your own post point to your hypocrisy. Aren't we all glad that I'm the only one hiding behind the internet--because certainly you are not.

I am an old man, and crippled as well. Be sure to include that in your abuse next time.

What you have is a RULEBOOK--as does Twin, and DRob4JC. That is NOT having Christ in your heart. You could have selected the Quran just as easily--another "perfect" rulebook.

In addition, I don't need to lie to myself first and then others as well about how the book is "perfect," because it isn't. It is the testimony of flawed individuals. God is using this flawed individual to rebuke you for hypocrisy and Pharasaism.

All of you are modernists-deluded by an early twentieth century phenomenon of inerrancy invented by a scientifically uneducated individuals (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fundam...st_Controversy) Satan as the Adversary knows how well people want to love words in a book--and she has seduced you into putting your trust in it--when it's purpose is to point to what is greater than itself.

I left the church not to abandon my faith, but to preserve it. You remain because it glorifies your idol.

The four defining marks for the takeover of evangelical churches are all hallmarks of the Pharisees.
Christian fundamentalists are driving our country into the Dark Ages

Fundamentalism in America is the greatest threat to freedom since Adolf Hitler--who initially used some of the same concepts to try to take over his nation. Like him, any opinion regarding God's nature that differs from your worldview of God is considered an attack on God Himself.

Against fundamentalism, I am your worst nightmare. An individual having a personal moment of salvation, one who studied the Bible in college (21 hours) at a very conservative college (our president was also the President of Gideons International), and who is quite capable of seeing the dichotomy of writings within both the Old and New Testaments. I am a greater danger than atheists, agnostics, or Democrats. You have no choice but to see me as the Devil incarnate because I challenge your worldview in a way that you cannot dismiss.

Your ability to hide behind the "book" and to treat others that do not believe the same as you as if from Satan shows how very like ISIS you are. You just aren't killing people physically--yet--save homosexuals whom you have attempted to destroy with your ugly interpretations of the "book." But already you are trying to control minds with video games:
RELIGION-US: Video Game Metes Out Death to InfidelsThe game even uses "prayer" after killing an "enemy" in order to revive "spiritual" points. The article is from February, 2016. Nice job of training YOUR youth to kill those who disagree with you. James Dobson praises the game on his website--so you are in "good" company promoting it.

So shame on me if you wish. Make fun of my age and decrepit condition. Maybe you can feel better about yourself. That's fine with me. I'm not interested in converting you. I'm interested in saving young people from the ugliness of a rulebook life. And I'll fight you until my dying breath. For I once was you--I was blind, but now I see.
And you don't call any of this ^^^^ abuse ? Your fighting God not me ! Also I beginning to wonder Warden just the deep anger in that post is unbelievable and some of the things you stated I have no idea what you are talking about and how they have anything to do with me and what I posted to you.
Also you don't even know me and the things you are accusing me you have accused the work of the Holy Spirit and I beginning to think are you blasphemy Him ? It seems you have no self-control and it is evident no remorse either and it definitely seems a severed conscience.

I really have no desired to reply to you ever again as I can discern there is nothing anyone can say to you as God will take care of your cruel attitude and words !

Also I do have to say, I'm not young myself getting pretty close to seventy and for my physical I'm crippled also and have had two surgeries to correct it . No correction but lots of nerve damage so therefore I live with chronic pain due to my crippling.
If it wasn't for pain med's two kinds matter fact, morphine and hydrocodone, three times a day I don't know what I would do because of the horrendous pain I live with day in and day out with them and with out them.

So my life is dependent up them in order to have somewhat decent life . As I can not walk without them or clean my house, cook dinner, wash clothes, etc., etc. Need I say anymore.
But I don't use it for an excuse to bully other's and throw it into the face of others, if anything it has humbled me, something it seems you know nothing about.
If you don't believe me DM June7th (Atheist)whom five years ago walked along side of me and encouraged me through the beginning of my accident !

Have a nice day Warden !

Old 02-22-2016, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
And you don't call any of this ^^^^ abuse ? Your fighting God not me ! Also I beginning to wonder Warden just the deep anger in that post is unbelievable and some of the things you stated I have no idea what you are talking about and how they have anything to do with me and what I posted to you.
Also you don't even know me and the things you are accusing me you have accused the work of the Holy Spirit and I beginning to think are you blasphemy Him ? It seems you have no self-control and it is evident no remorse either and it definitely seems a severed conscience.

I really have no desired to reply to you ever again as I can discern there is nothing anyone can say to you as God will take care of your cruel attitude and words !

Also I do have to say, I'm not young myself getting pretty close to seventy and for my physical I'm crippled also and have had two surgeries to correct it . No correction but lots of nerve damage so therefore I live with chronic pain due to my crippling.
If it wasn't for pain med's two kinds matter fact, morphine and hydrocodone, three times a day I don't know what I would do because of the horrendous pain I live with day in and day out with them and with out them.

So my life is dependent up them in order to have somewhat decent life . As I can not walk without them or clean my house, cook dinner, wash clothes, etc., etc. Need I say anymore.
But I don't use it for an excuse to bully other's and throw it into the face of others, if anything it has humbled me, something it seems you know nothing about.
If you don't believe me DM June7th (Atheist)whom five years ago walked along side of me and encouraged me through the beginning of my accident !

Have a nice day Warden !
Well, good, don't reply. I test myself daily, both with my faith and my beliefs. You are cocksure of your righteousness so don't bother to do so.
Quote:
Examine yourselves as to whether you are in the faith. Test yourselves. Do you not know yourselves, that Jesus Christ is in you?—unless indeed you are disqualified.
2 Cor. 13:5 NKJV

Jesus never had any problem rebuking Pharisees, and neither do I. Religious hypocrites tend toward personal preferences and try to impose them on others as proof of their spirituality but they themselves are not able to keep their own rule. Moderator cut: deleted as insult Pharisees set hard rules (the Bible) which they themselves don't keep. Pharisees shut up the kingdom of heaven against men by denying them the freedom to understand Christ as God gives them the vision to understand Him.

Pharisees (fundamentalists) travel the world over to make one proselyte, and then turn him/her into twice the son of hell that they themselves are. Who they win is no victory, they have simply spawned more ugliness in the world.

Sorry, your posts are that of whitewashed tombs--pretty on the outside, but dead inside.

You are not the only one subject to pain--I take hydrocodone, tramadol, naproxen, and even MJ to control my pain. Almost constant neuropathic pain in the left leg from diabetes. And I turn seventy shortly. My last back surgery was this past Friday (the third in 8 years). So what? "Even so, Lord, for so it seemed good in Thy sight." I certainly wouldn't wish to escape any of it if it were simply to go to some other person.

You aren't being bullied, you are being rebuked in the name of Jesus Christ. Stop trying to idolize 66 books written by dozens of different authors and edited by probably thousands of scribes. STUDY Scripture instead of swallowing the hook of fundamentalism--a modern phenomenon.

If you are absolutely certain about your beliefs--then you have no faith. Because it takes REAL faith to see through all the discrepancies and contrary statements in Scripture and STILL believe. Understanding the Bible as an idol takes no faith at all--it simply requires suspension of one's ability to think and reason. So fundamentalists have invented the story that intellectualism is "evil." It was one of the first things rejected by modern fundamentalism.

Quote:
Fundamentalism as a phenomenon has its roots in Reformed (Calvinist and Puritan) thinking that in the 20th century needed to defend the "Fundamentals, " -- as they were called -- against the modern Christian critique. One could revisit the famous John Gresham Machen (Princeton Theological Seminary) historical dialogue with Adolf Harnack (Union Theological Seminary) over these very subjects. Later Machen, would break off from Princeton and start Westminster Seminary that until today holds to an inerrantist view. Yet, even Machen's Fundamentals were a far cry from the "bible without errors" voiced today. Machen wrote "There are many, who believe that the Bible is right at the central point, in its account of the redeeming work of Christ, and yet believe that it contains many errors, such men are not really liberals, but Christians because they have accepted as true the message upon which Christianity depends."
Apostle Paul and the Bible: Fundamentalism = Anti-Intellectualism

So even one of the "original" fundamentalists, Machen, did not see those of us who understand the Bible as a flawed messenger to be "evil."

That was awaiting the arrival of folks like yourself.

P.S. At my age and condition any day God gives me is a nice one!

Last edited by june 7th; 02-24-2016 at 08:19 AM..

Old 02-22-2016, 12:23 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,980,170 times
Quote:

Have a nice day Warden !
Cyber, so sorry to hear you are having such health problems. May God bless you dearly!

Old 02-22-2016, 10:22 PM

63,846 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
And you don't call any of this ^^^^ abuse ? Your fighting God not me ! Also I beginning to wonder Warden just the deep anger in that post is unbelievable and some of the things you stated I have no idea what you are talking about and how they have anything to do with me and what I posted to you. <snip>
Have a nice day Warden !
I am sorry to hear about your troubles, Cyber and I am equally sorry about Warden's. Some of us are just at that age when everything physical seems to be breaking down but we should be at a point when things spiritual are building up. Tearing each other down over differences in beliefs can NOT be what God wants from us. Pretending we know what God wants us to believe about so many things that are contrary to what we have learned over 2000+ years is also silly. That suggests that God does not want us to use the very brains He gave us. Try to understand this, Cyber. Disagreeing with you is NOT disagreeing with God. Disagreeing with you is NOT abuse. Disagreeing with you does NOT mean we are Satan spawn and want to keep sinning. Disagreeing with you is simply disagreeing with you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity