Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2016, 06:45 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,273,256 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Congrats. You made God's list of seven things that he hates. Actually more than one since you are sowing discord along with making up lies. You know full well that Josh Duggar is not my hero. I just happen to believe in forgiveness. You know, a trait of a kind Godlly heart. You only show cold intolerance. I seriously doubt anyone is buying your act because you are consistently mean and insulting.

There are six things that the Lord hates, seven that are an abomination to him: haughty eyes, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, a heart that devises wicked plans, feet that make haste to run to evil, a false witness who breathes out lies, and one who sows discord among brothers.

Proverbs 6:16-19

I have repeatedly said, stop making these threads about me. I'm tired of the personal attacks. Blow your hate elsewhere. Only God knows my heart. You don't. But your posts do reveal that you rather support sin and attack God's people. You act like gays are the only group in the entire world that matters. If the nightclub had been full of Bible believing Christians, I doubt you would have given it a moment of consideration.
Can I apply for the job of JUDGE and SPEAKER for what your pitiful god thinks? I always wanted to be associated with some thing bigger than myself and if I can run around saying GOD SAID THIS..and never have to back it up with EVIDENCE and F A C T S without FEAR of accountability..I WOULD SAY ANYTHING I WANTED and LAUGH AT WHO EVER I WANTED and HATE EVERYONE and lay the blame on my PERVERTED IMAGE of GOD..
HOW CONVENIENT!

Old 06-19-2016, 07:02 AM

15,897 posts, read 6,366,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
Yes, there are millions of extremists "christians," and you represent that extremism quite well. You call the bible infallible but won't educate yourself about it. You think "christians" are infallible until, like your hero Josh Duggar, they fall off the wagon, then you nail them to the cross.

At this point I think Duggar is probably twice the christian you are, because he has seen what his sin had done to him and his entire family. He probably is still a fundamentalist (flawed like the bible), so being twice the christian you are isn't saying much in his favor.

And your post reveals your heart in that it definitely appears that you are far less concerned about the murder of 50 people than that anyone would reject the ugly ideology of your cult in favor of love and acceptance--that's the "greater" tragedy for you.

jeff, it is always about you--nobody else. Your conscience is eating at your heart and that ball of ice continues to scream its frustrations that it cannot legally hate the way it wishes.
I am on board with your viewpoint. I would just like to point out when someone tells me what I think and what I feel I immediately chalk them up to cray cray and stop listening to them.

Old 06-19-2016, 03:33 PM

10,096 posts, read 5,755,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizaTeall View Post
Jeff, homosexuals are the most persecuted group in America today, and your archaic religious dogma continues to contribute to their persecution. Get real Jeff, it is you and your ilk who sows discord among brothers.
I think you got that backwards. From my perspective, gays tend to enjoy benefiting from a good education, good paying careers and high standard of living. You want me to believe that most of America is perfectly fine with gays and SSM yet also claim that they are highly persecuted. Which is it going to be? You can't have it both ways.

OTOH, gays have no problem persecuting Christians.

Quote:

Seven years later, we have the answer: as of this writing, there have been at least 11 instances of wedding vendors and venues facing some form of recrimination—threats, boycotts, protests, and the intervention of state or judicial authorities—because they denied services for gay nuptials because of their faith.
Gay Persecution of Christians: The Latest Evidence - Crisis Magazine

Old 06-19-2016, 03:36 PM

10,096 posts, read 5,755,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizaTeall View Post
So true, and while doing "research," one can only wonder how many times Jeff swipes right on Grinder?
Disgusting lie. Do you have any shame? Just making up crap about someone you don't know because you can't stand their opinion? For the record, I have never downloaded or used Grinder, I don't visit gay websites and I am not gay. Take your lies back to the pit of hell where they belong.

Old 06-19-2016, 04:07 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,413,669 times
Quote:
I think you got that backwards. From my perspective, gays tend to enjoy benefiting from a good education, good paying careers and high standard of living. You want me to believe that most of America is perfectly fine with gays and SSM yet also claim that they are highly persecuted. Which is it going to be? You can't have it both ways.

OTOH, gays have no problem persecuting Christians.

Gay Persecution of Christians: The Latest Evidence - Crisis Magazine
I have never been persecuted by someone of whom you speak.
Perhaps, you should boycott Disneyland, and that preoccupation?

It's a dark and brooding landscape, when viewed through a window.

Old 06-19-2016, 04:09 PM

3,536 posts, read 1,715,186 times
Quote:
I have nothing in common with a man who is so evil that he would laugh while people beg for their lives.
You might want to take this statement to God and ask him to show you if that is true or not. You might be surprised to find that you do have some things in common with him - that of despising those who are different or struggling with things that are different than what your personal weaknesses are. Why should you despise homosexual people? And if you do, are you really sure you have the love of Christ on the throne of your heart? Does this escape your understanding?

Old 06-19-2016, 04:25 PM

15,897 posts, read 6,366,137 times
Quote:
Disgusting lie. Do you have any shame? Just making up crap about someone you don't know because you can't stand their opinion? For the record, I have never downloaded or used Grinder, I don't visit gay websites and I am not gay. Take your lies back to the pit of hell where they belong.
It looks to me that you only respond when you want to tell someone off. Can you tell me why you don't respond to my posts unless I call you a buttmunch? I have asked you some questions and you seem to ignore them.

Old 06-19-2016, 04:27 PM

1,040 posts, read 1,295,447 times
"'If a man has sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They are to be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads."--Leviticus 20:13

"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them."--Jesus in Matthew 5:17

"For this reason God gave them up to dishonorable passions. For their women exchanged natural relations for those that are contrary to nature; and the men likewise gave up natural relations with women and were consumed with passion for one another, men committing shameless acts with men and receiving in themselves the due penalty for their error."--Romans 1:26-27

The bible sucks if you read it instead of cherry pick.

Old 06-19-2016, 04:40 PM

17,164 posts, read 11,420,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imagineAA View Post
"'If a man has sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They are to be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads."--Leviticus 20:13

"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them."--Jesus in Matthew 5:17

"For this reason God gave them up to dishonorable passions. For their women exchanged natural relations for those that are contrary to nature; and the men likewise gave up natural relations with women and were consumed with passion for one another, men committing shameless acts with men and receiving in themselves the due penalty for their error."--Romans 1:26-27

The bible sucks if you read it instead of cherry pick.
It can suck when you DO cherry pick, too. Lots of people pluck the sour, nasty, wormy, rotten bible cherries and suck on them till their souls get all pruney.

Old 06-19-2016, 05:04 PM

7,999 posts, read 12,294,860 times
Unfortunately, folks, the mods feel it's well time to shut this one down, as it has all too unfortunately turned into a bash-fest. --And that is what results in closing threads the most.

~June
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.