Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2016, 09:10 AM

1,419 posts, read 1,056,521 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
To set you free from the cause of the error of your way of thinking. Which is belief in separation from God.

I'll take it that you have no reasonable or Biblical way of answering then? All those Scriptures directly contradict what you said about Jesus rebuking only the pharisees, and you just deny it and pretend it's not there? You just remain wilfully blind and unwilling to examine your views or the Bible then, but don't expect me to take your point of view seriously either.

Edit: You say I read with goggles but it seems like you just refuse to read at all.

Old 06-04-2016, 09:15 AM

37,348 posts, read 28,449,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanokh View Post
I'll take it that you have no reasonable or Biblical way of answering then? All those Scriptures directly contradict what you said about Jesus rebuking only the pharisees, and you just deny it and pretend it's not there? You just remain wilfully blind and unwilling to examine your views or the Bible then, but don't expect me to take your point of view seriously either.
Show me one scripture where Jesus rebuked what you believe is a sinner. You portray Jesus Christ like he was and is bi polar

The Spirit of the Lord is on me,
because he has anointed me
to proclaim good news to the poor.
He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners
and recovery of sight for the blind,
to set the oppressed free,
To proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor

Do you see your devilish Jesus within the scripture which describes the Spirit in which he came ?. Again he did not come rebuking sinners he came pointing them to their Heavenly Father, through grace,love, mercy and compassion,

Old 06-04-2016, 09:31 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,991,199 times
You say that Jesus did not come to abolish th Law, but to fulfill it. Fine, now add that th Law and prophets is fulfilled in the two greatest commandments. The basis of the New Covenant is that concern for the well being of everyone that should be the guide for conduct. "Sin" is nothing more than people missing that mark.

Old 06-04-2016, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Show me one scripture where Jesus rebuked what you believe is a sinner. You portray Jesus Christ like he was and is bi polar

The Spirit of the Lord is on me,
because he has anointed me
to proclaim good news to the poor.
He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners
and recovery of sight for the blind,
to set the oppressed free,
To proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor

Do you see your devilish Jesus within the scripture which describes the Spirit in which he came ?. Again he did not come rebuking sinners he came pointing them to their Heavenly Father, through grace,love, mercy and compassion,
This is what I mean when I say you simply refuse to read at all, go back to my post on the previous page and see how Jesus rebuked His Own Church. I never said He came to rebuke sinners, He came to save sinners, and He called them to repentance. You are the one refusing to actually read Gods Word and twisting the parts that suit you. How can sinners be brought back to the Heavenly Father without repentance? Why would they go to Jesus Christ if they don't need a Saviour?

Did not the Publican cry out 'be merciful to me, a sinner'? And he went home justified. You rather have people indulge in a fantasy of love and remaining unaware of sin, righteousness and judgment? And of the true love and grace of God that He wants to cleanse us and forgive us?

I rather make people aware of their need of forgiveness from sin through faith in Jesus Christ, and the glorious eternal life for all that believe in Him for their salvation. I know I am a horrible bully..

Old 06-04-2016, 09:59 AM

89,033 posts, read 85,608,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
You say that Jesus did not come to abolish th Law, but to fulfill it. Fine, now add that the Law and prophets is fulfilled in the two greatest commandments. The basis of the New Covenant is that concern for the well being of everyone that should be the guide for conduct. "Sin" is nothing more than people missing that mark.
Nailed it, nate. In a few short sentences.

Old 06-04-2016, 10:02 AM

Quote:
This is what I mean when I say you simply refuse to read at all, go back to my post on the previous page and see how Jesus rebuked His Own Church. I never said He came to rebuke sinners, He came to save sinners, and He called them to repentance. You are the one refusing to actually read Gods Word and twisting the parts that suit you. How can sinners be brought back to the Heavenly Father without repentance? Why would they go to Jesus Christ if they don't need a Saviour?

Did not the Publican cry out 'be merciful to me, a sinner'? And he went home justified. You rather have people indulge in a fantasy of love and remaining unaware of sin, righteousness and judgment? And of the true love and grace of God that He wants to cleanse us and forgive us?

I rather make people aware of their need of forgiveness from sin through faith in Jesus Christ, and the glorious eternal life for all that believe in Him for their salvation. I know I am a horrible bully..
The rebuke was they lost their first love. Every evangelical Christian within a few weeks of sitting under the ministry of its leaders loses its first love.
The scriptures say there is Joy and Peace in believing, 2 qualities evangelicals lack, there is no joy and peace being sin conscious, yes they have superficial joy and peace because they believe they are going to heaven to live happily ever after, but that is not the joy and peace the scriptures speak of nor is it the kind of believing scripture speaks of.

Old 06-04-2016, 10:11 AM

Chanokh, show me a scripture where Jesus rebuked a sinner other than a fundamentalist, which he continually did. No, telling the woman flung at his feet by you lot to go sin no more is not rebuking a sinner. Or turning over a few tables of a few who were profiting off the business of fundamentalists

Old 06-04-2016, 10:22 AM

Quote:

It was never about sin but rather the cause..... Unbelief. Whatsoever(not your 1 time believe in Jesus BS) is not of faith is sin.

Old 06-04-2016, 10:47 AM

10,688 posts, read 7,761,946 times
Quote:

Edit: You say I read with goggles but it seems like you just refuse to read at all.
None of the Scripture you quoted show JESUS rebuking anybody. He never said "sin no more" to a Pharisee. It is much kinder and linguistically (in the English version) to say that than calling someone a "viper," or asking them how they will escape hell. You read "sin no more" as a command. I read it as a suggestion. Do you really think the woman caught in adultery never sinned again? Have you never sinned again since you were "saved?" Or did the sin no more command not apply to you since it wasn't addressed to you?

Vitriol from Jesus' lips was solely directed toward the bible-believers of His day. Every other sin He faced was faced with kindness and expressed gently. He didn't do that with bible-believers because He knew they used the Bible as a weapon for accusation and condemnation.

None of those other verses you quoted are Jesus' words. They are testimony from some of His sinful followers. Should not be ignored, but neither should they be swallowed wholesale. Even Jesus' words in the Synoptics have to be read carefully to note subtle changes from Mark to Matthew to Luke---let alone John where a completely different personality of Jesus appears---one that most church historians believe was influenced by the fourth generation Christians.

Bottom line Jesus REBUKED only Pharisees. He was quite kind with every other kind of sinner---suggesting reform rather than promising judgment.

Salvation for you is wrapped up in the six hours Christ spent on the cross. But Jesus spent three years teaching His wisdom that is mostly ignored by evangelists today. Current evangelism glorifies Christ's death and resurrection--and Paul's commentaries. But the wisdom of the Lord is left on the chopping block. Wisdom that He spent three years trying to pass on to His immediate followers.

Old 06-04-2016, 10:54 AM

The rebuke was they lost their first love? Do you just see what you want to see or what? For one of the Churches, one of the most faithful ones, the only rebuke was they lost their first love. But look at the Church of Laodicea, or the Church at Sardis. Rev. 3:1b I know thy works, that thou hast a name that thou livest, and art dead.

If anything you have shown you refuse to read. I've shown you plenthy of examples Christ rebuking people other than the pharisees, but you just don't read it. Or you start to redefine what rebuking or repentance is. If you tell someone in general to repent, that's a mild rebuke of their sin they need to turn away from. And that is what Christ preached.

Mark 1:14-15 Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God, And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.

Dictionary.com defines repent as following..

1. to feel sorry, self-reproachful, or contrite for past conduct; regret or be conscience-stricken about a past action, attitude, etc. (often followed by of): He repented after his thoughtless act.
2. to feel such sorrow for sin or fault as to be disposed to change one's life for the better; be penitent.

So Jesus is in general preaching to all Galileans they should feel sorry for their sin, past conduct, whatever you wanna name it. And believe the Gospel.

Dictionary.com on rebuke..

verb (used with object), rebuked, rebuking. 1. to express sharp, stern disapproval of; reprove; reprimand. noun
2. sharp, stern disapproval; reproof; reprimand.

Jesus clearly disapproves of sin, otherwise why would He tell them they should feel sorry for their sin? If their only problem is unbelief, why does He start to say repent ye? And only after and believe the Gospel? Couldnt He just have said, believe the Gospel, and leave out the repent part? After all its not like He is talking to the pharisees right, He is talking to the general population of Galilee, they sure mustve felth offended.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.