Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2016, 12:26 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,088,339 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Some say desensitization to all sorts of "filth", others say acceptance and inclusion of people who aren't exactly like us. Wonder which one Jesus would choose.

The one that's in His Word, the one that prioritizes righteousness and obedience to the Spirit, instead of being a slave to the carnal beastly natures and the spirits behind them. That one. The one that tells the truth regardless of the popular opinion. That one. Peace

Old 05-21-2016, 12:27 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,547,768 times
Quote:
You are going to be stuck forever as long as you can't see that. There is so much more to God than quotes, Jeff.
Actually, that is the point of what Jesus said to those on the left of him. Matthew 25:30-46.

Add to that, the point of other scriptures which those who practice sexual immorality \ approve of those who do is no different. And yes, homosexuality is sexually immoral.

Those who do practice such or those who approving of those who do better hope in some UR afterlife twisting of scripture being truthful.

Old 05-21-2016, 12:29 PM

89,045 posts, read 85,637,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
The one that's in His Word, the one that prioritizes righteousness and obedience to the Spirit, instead of being a slave to the carnal beastly natures and the spirits behind them. That one. The one that tells the truth regardless of the popular opinion. That one. Peace
Ummm, I think ya missed the message.

Old 05-21-2016, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Actually, that is the point of what Jesus said to those on the left of him. Matthew 25:30-46.

Add to that, the point of other scriptures which those who practice sexual immorality \ approve of those who do is no different. And yes, homosexuality is sexually immoral.

Those who do or those who approving of those better hope in some UR afterlife twisting of scripture being truthful.
I don't hold a book to be equal to God, but do enjoy your salivation over my potential damnation.

THAT to me is what is telling between the people who hold the Bible to be divine and those who don't: your absolute delight and ecstasy at the idea of other people being punished for all eternity based on your interpretation of the words. I think it's sick.

Old 05-21-2016, 12:49 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,547,768 times
Quote:
I don't hold a book to be equal to God, but do enjoy your salivation over my potential damnation.

THAT to me is what is telling between the people who hold the Bible to be divine and those who don't: your absolute delight and ecstasy at the idea of other people being punished for all eternity based on your interpretation of the words. I think it's sick.
Your wanton take of it is nobodies fault other than yours.

If you see it as salivating, delight and ecstasy is about as convoluted as a teen driver fuming when they read

Old 05-21-2016, 01:13 PM

Quote:

If you see it as salivating, delight and ecstasy is about as convoluted as a teen driver fuming when they read
Nah, your lack of kindness and compassion for your fellow man shines clearly through your posts, based on what you focus upon. I'd be willing to bet that you're not considered a very nice person in real life, either.

Old 05-21-2016, 02:11 PM

21,087 posts, read 29,361,015 times
Quote:

I see it as demonstrative and wickedly EVIL...

Not to mention Pharisaical...
Attached Thumbnails
I don't understand why homosexuals have to twist the bible into saying its OK to be gay-naked_angel-light.jpg  

Old 05-21-2016, 02:33 PM

11,163 posts, read 6,089,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
I see it as demonstrative and wickedly EVIL...

Not to mention Pharisaical...
This.

Old 05-21-2016, 02:41 PM

11,163 posts, read 6,089,341 times
Quote:

Those who do practice such or those who approving of those who do better hope in some UR afterlife twisting of scripture being truthful.
Why do you people keep saying that? In what way is it immoral? And why would God have created homosexuality if he didn't like it? HE CREATED EVE TRAN-SEXUAL! From a man's rib! And that was before the forbidden fruit episode which makes it NOT original sin but rather, God's own deliberate creation.

Last edited by 303Guy; 05-21-2016 at 03:37 PM..

Old 05-21-2016, 03:24 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,684,535 times
303 Guy, can you explain more about your theory that we can only be gay if our parents are gay? I really want to know.

Of the gay people I know, none have a gay parent. Is it your belief that one of their parents must be secretly gay?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity