Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2016, 10:22 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,183,567 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Oh, Dew, that is so, so sad.
July, 1983. It's burned forever in my brain. After that afternoon I heard that it was happening to a lot of gay men. Which caused a step-up in efforts to support AIDS patients. Hospice care groups started. One friend of mine, deserted by his fundamentalist parents who never missed church, was taken in by a small group of nuns who were supported by donations. He received excellent care from wonderful women who followed Christ....not the beliefs of fundamentalists. He died with his favorite nun holding his hand.

Old 06-03-2016, 10:40 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,365,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
1) "People are born gay" .... not true.
Surely, you were sinful at birth, from the time your mother conceived you.
So, which is it, a learned behavior or the way a person is born?

Old 06-03-2016, 10:59 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,495,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
That's a joke ... now all of a sudden quoting the OT Bible is suppose to mean something coming from you.
the same God whom you quoted also says:
"But to the wicked person, God says:
' What right have you to recite my laws or take my covenant on your lips? ' "
Being you, I'd not mock the Bible only to then quote it for justifying godlessness.

Old 06-03-2016, 11:05 AM

10,087 posts, read 5,736,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
July, 1983. It's burned forever in my brain. After that afternoon I heard that it was happening to a lot of gay men. Which caused a step-up in efforts to support AIDS patients. Hospice care groups started. One friend of mine, deserted by his fundamentalist parents who never missed church, was taken in by a small group of nuns who were supported by donations. He received excellent care from wonderful women who followed Christ....not the beliefs of fundamentalists. He died with his favorite nun holding his hand.
You look at the actions of a few and judge every Bible believing Christian like we would do the same thing. That's wrong.

Old 06-03-2016, 11:05 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,365,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post

Quote:
That's a joke ... now all of a sudden quoting the OT Bible is suppose to mean something coming from you.
Being you, I'd not mock the Bible only to then quote it for justifying godlessness.
I merely pointed out one of your errors, within the realm of your double-standards.
By the way, what is learned is not always sinful, neither is the way a person is born.

Search it out for yourself, it's in your Bible.

Old 06-03-2016, 11:06 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,394,984 times
Quote:

I'll try to explain this to you again, though I expect it won't penetrate. The bible which you hold to be infallible holds conflicting, contradictory ideas within it. And so the things from its pages which you spout off as absolute truths often are contradicted by various bible passages. People bringing that to your attention is completely justifiable. Your accusations of it being mockery are simply a deflection from the reality that the bible contradicts itself, and you.

Old 06-03-2016, 11:08 AM

88,588 posts, read 84,818,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
You look at the actions of a few and judge every Bible believing Christian like we would do the same thing. That's wrong.
She didn't do that.

But it's curious that you don't express any sadness and horror at the story she told, either. Just an assumption that she might be bashing you by association.

Old 06-03-2016, 11:45 AM

20,442 posts, read 12,793,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
God has been silent on everything!
Well, obviously not everything, if you know He exists.

Old 06-03-2016, 11:48 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,495,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
I'll try to explain this to you again, though I expect it won't penetrate. The bible which you hold to be infallible holds conflicting, contradictory ideas within it. And so the things from its pages which you spout off as absolute truths often are contradicted by various bible passages. People bringing that to your attention is completely justifiable. Your accusations of it being mockery are simply a deflection from the reality that the bible contradicts itself, and you.
It's not an accusation nor a deflection on my part.
The Bible has parallel truths that appear to the nonspiritual as contradictory :
  • Jesus is true God \ Jesus is true man
  • God loves \ God hates
  • God reveals his truth \ God prevents his truth to be known
  • Gospel \ Law
  • Gospel saves \ Law condemns
  • Believers are predestined \ Unbelievers are not predestined
  • Heaven \ Hell
  • Eternal bliss \ Eternal agony

therefore I'm not surprised at your conclusion when:
"The person without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit"

Last edited by twin.spin; 06-03-2016 at 12:19 PM..

Old 06-03-2016, 11:48 AM

10,087 posts, read 5,736,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
She didn't do that.

But it's curious that you don't express any sadness and horror at the story she told, either. Just an assumption that she might be bashing you by association.
You mean kinda like your side expressed no sadness or horror for the Christian bakers in Texas who had their son threatened with vicious rape with a broken bottle all because they would not bake a cake? That's the "kind tolerance" I'm seeing from the pro-gay crowd.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity