Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2016, 11:35 PM

11,129 posts, read 6,065,521 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Jimmie, why does it matter? God knows and we have nothing to do with it. That is where you and the fundies get off the rails. YOU have nothing to do with knowing or deciding what God thinks about homosexuality or anything else. You are NOT God and ONLY God needs to know. If you always have agape love in your heart for everyone, you cannot offend God no matter what you do. When you love you do not DO the things that hurt or harm others. In your misguided beliefs, you ARE hurting and harming others in the belief that YOU are gaining points with God by disapproving of what you THINK He disapproves of. You are NOT gaining any points. The hurt or harm you inflict on others in support of your misguided beliefs is the OPPOSITE of what God wants. Your Soul (Spirit) is damaged by everyone you hurt or harm and you will reap what you sow. That is why we try so hard to correct your understanding of God who IS agape love, Jimmie.
Can't rep you again but good post! That simple statement is a simple statement of truth.

"YOU have nothing to do with knowing or deciding what God thinks about homosexuality or anything else. You are NOT God and ONLY God needs to know."

Amen.

Old 06-02-2016, 11:37 PM

6,837 posts, read 2,965,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero
Again, you must have failed biology since nearly every species on earth engages in same-sex behavior, and it works just fine. In fact, it has evolutionary benefits. You're also aware that not all gays engage in anal sex right? Are you aware that far more heterosexuals engage in it then gays? Yet you guys constantly attack gays and ignore heterosexuals.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Gee could that be because there are a lot more heterosexuals?
Bingo! Give Jeff a cigar!

Quote:
Certainly doesn't explain why homosexuals are contracting HIV 60 times the rate of a heterosexual.
Irrelevant to the thread topic. And besides, that's a red herring, Jeff, and you know it.

Let's face it ...you've been caught out with regard to the fact that HETEROSEXUALS perform "eeewwwww" sexual acts that would most definitely displease God! I would suggest that bringing attention to such 'abominations' as performed by heterosexuals (and probably even - gasp - church-goers! ) should most definitely be placed on the church sermon agenda ASAP . . .

Old 06-02-2016, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV
Your argument is moot, Jimmie. It really is! When are you and others going to catch on? As has been pointed out on this and other threads ...the very same things that you claim above - unnatural, abnormal and ungodly sex acts, as you put it - apply to more heterosexuals than homosexuals.

What's your comeback on this? Or, is the above factoid too difficult for you to grasp?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Not difficult. If I understand you correctly, I agree.
Dammit.

Not what I expected.

Well played . . .

Old 06-03-2016, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
Dammit.

Not what I expected.

Well played . . .
It wasn't what I expected either and it was well played!

Old 06-03-2016, 02:23 AM

A question on gays that has been asked but never actually answered, where do gays gays come from if not created by God? Oh yes, someone said something about the devil ... !? Someone else said something about original sin ... !?

If it were an original sin thing then we are all gay!

The devil creating anything at all? I don't think so! And let's not insult our gays with such bull s**t! More likely the devil created the fundamentalists! Come to think of it ....

No, God created the gay gene in all living things (and saw that it was good - it's right there in your own bible should anyone care to look. OK, it does not say Got created genes - how could he have? Genes were unknown back then).

Old 06-03-2016, 02:53 AM

21,087 posts, read 29,335,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
I'll stop if you stop. I await your response to my last point.
Well played, well played. My grandson does the same in his first grade class...eventually he will grow out of it.

Old 06-03-2016, 02:56 AM

13,495 posts, read 18,266,993 times
Quote:
Your link is to the dubious "American College of Pediatricians." This is a small Right Wing group pushing a rigid evangelical xian agenda.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Americ..._Pediatricians

Quote:
....My niece is in college and I was flooded when she told me almost every girl on her softball team is a lesbian. That would have been unheard of just 10 years ago.
Quite bizarre, if it is true.

Old 06-03-2016, 03:00 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,980,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
Dammit.

Not what I expected.

Well played . . .
So what? The fact that he and other fundamentalists are also prudish about heterosexual acts does not excuse condemnation of homosexual relationships exclusively. As pointed out to jeffbase above, it should be addressed just as much from the pulpit or even more since it is more likely to be "sin" indulged by members of the congregation. It still points out the hypocrisy of the fundamentalist approach.

Old 06-03-2016, 03:05 AM

13,495 posts, read 18,266,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicarjoe View Post
The bible is clear on the subject. Its not OK to be gay. Being an Agnostic I really don't care, but I also do not try to twist the bible into saying what it does not. ....
The bible is a melange of mythology, pseudo-history and an occasional dollop of actual history. There is absolutely no reason for gay people to get involved in trying to re-package it, you are absolutely right.

Surely there are better things for people - all people - to be doing with their lives.

Old 06-03-2016, 03:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
A question on gays that has been asked but never actually answered, where do gays gays come from if not created by God? Oh yes, someone said something about the devil ... !? Someone else said something about original sin ... !?

If it were an original sin thing then we are all gay!

The devil creating anything at all? I don't think so! And let's not insult our gays with such bull s**t! More likely the devil created the fundamentalists! Come to think of it ....

No, God created the gay gene in all living things (and saw that it was good - it's right there in your own bible should anyone care to look. OK, it does not say Got created genes - how could he have? Genes were unknown back then).
Someone, please correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe that "God" was any more enlightened about pretty much everything than were the human authors of the Bible. In other words, the Bible was not only written by mere mortals but it never exceeded the knowledge base of those mere mortals. There was only a certain amount of information available to draw on and the authors drew on that. I hope that I'm wrong but I would hazard a guess (and that's all it is) that no supernatural being is necessary for the 'authoring' of the Bible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity