Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2016, 10:57 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,500,862 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
You say that Jesus did not come to abolish the Law, but to fulfill it. Fine, now add that the Law and prophets is fulfilled in the two greatest commandments. The basis of the New Covenant is that concern for the well being of everyone that should be the guide for conduct. "Sin" is nothing more than people missing that mark.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Nailed it, nate. In a few short sentences.
Love is the greatest virtue.

Old 06-04-2016, 11:02 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,730,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanokh View Post
This is what I mean when I say you simply refuse to read at all, go back to my post on the previous page and see how Jesus rebuked His Own Church. I never said He came to rebuke sinners, He came to save sinners, and He called them to repentance. You are the one refusing to actually read Gods Word and twisting the parts that suit you. How can sinners be brought back to the Heavenly Father without repentance? Why would they go to Jesus Christ if they don't need a Saviour?

Did not the Publican cry out 'be merciful to me, a sinner'? And he went home justified. You rather have people indulge in a fantasy of love and remaining unaware of sin, righteousness and judgment? And of the true love and grace of God that He wants to cleanse us and forgive us?

I rather make people aware of their need of forgiveness from sin through faith in Jesus Christ, and the glorious eternal life for all that believe in Him for their salvation. I know I am a horrible bully..
Amen, and so did Jesus everywhere He went

Matthew 4:17
From that time Jesus began to preach and say, “Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.”

Luke 5:31-33 (NASB)
31 And Jesus answered and said to them, “It is not those who are well who need a physician, but those who are sick.
32 I have not come to call the righteous but sinners to repentance.”

Matthew 9:12-13 (NASB)
12 But when Jesus heard this, He said, “It is not those who are healthy who need a physician, but those who are sick.
13 But go and learn what this means: ‘I desire compassion, and not sacrifice,’ for I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners.”

Luke 13:2-3 (NASB)
2 And Jesus said to them, “Do you suppose that these Galileans were greater sinners than all other Galileans because they suffered this fate?
3 I tell you, no, but unless you repent, you will all likewise perish.

Matthew 11:20-21
20 Then He began to denounce the cities in which most of His miracles were done, because they did not repent.
21 “Woe to you, Chorazin! Woe to you, Bethsaida! For if the miracles had occurred in Tyre and Sidon which occurred in you, they would have repented long ago in sackcloth and ashes.

1 Timothy 1:15 (NASB)
It is a trustworthy statement, deserving full acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, among whom I am foremost of all.

Old 06-04-2016, 11:12 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,547,768 times
Quote:
I'll take it that you have no reasonable or Biblical way of answering then? All those Scriptures directly contradict what you said about Jesus rebuking only the pharisees, and you just deny it and pretend it's not there? You just remain wilfully blind and unwilling to examine your views or the Bible then, but don't expect me to take your point of view seriously either.

Edit: You say I read with goggles but it seems like you just refuse to read at all.
You have to admit how self warped the haters of the truth take things.
"Jesus only REBUKED the Pharisees" ??
"Those whom I love I rebuke and discipline. So be earnest and repent." ~ Jesus Revelation 3:19"

Jesus appeared to the Eleven as they were eating;
he
(Jesus) rebuked them for their lack of faith and their stubborn refusal to believe"
Mark 16:14

“If your brother or sister sins against you, rebuke them; and if they repent, forgive them." ~ Jesus
Luke 17:3

Old 06-04-2016, 11:15 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,547,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
Amen, and so did Jesus everywhere He went

Matthew 4:17
From that time Jesus began to preach and say, “Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.”

Luke 5:31-33 (NASB)
31 And Jesus answered and said to them, “It is not those who are well who need a physician, but those who are sick.
32 I have not come to call the righteous but sinners to repentance.”

Matthew 9:12-13 (NASB)
12 But when Jesus heard this, He said, “It is not those who are healthy who need a physician, but those who are sick.
13 But go and learn what this means: ‘I desire compassion, and not sacrifice,’ for I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners.”

Luke 13:2-3 (NASB)
2 And Jesus said to them, “Do you suppose that these Galileans were greater sinners than all other Galileans because they suffered this fate?
3 I tell you, no, but unless you repent, you will all likewise perish.

Matthew 11:20-21
20 Then He began to denounce the cities in which most of His miracles were done, because they did not repent.
21 “Woe to you, Chorazin! Woe to you, Bethsaida! For if the miracles had occurred in Tyre and Sidon which occurred in you, they would have repented long ago in sackcloth and ashes.

1 Timothy 1:15 (NASB)
It is a trustworthy statement, deserving full acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, among whom I am foremost of all.
as they say ... too soon to rep!

Old 06-04-2016, 11:27 AM

37,348 posts, read 28,454,614 times
To the spiritually minded repentance is turning to God, to the sin conscious carnal minds repentance is turning from sin. What we are looking at makes all the difference.

The spiritually minded person points you to God, the carnal minded points you to sin.

Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else

beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image, from glory to glory, even as from the Lord, the Spirit

Old 06-04-2016, 11:41 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,730,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
"Those whom I love I rebuke and discipline. So be earnest and repent." ~ Jesus Revelation 3:19"

he
(Jesus) rebuked them for their lack of faith and their stubborn refusal to believe"

“If your brother or sister sins against you, rebuke them; and if they repent, forgive them." ~ Jesus
Amen !

And I'm very thankful that He does, ""Those whom I love I rebuke and discipline. So be earnest and repent." ~ Jesus Revelation 3:19"

Yet, I believe there will be those who defy the truth and continue walking as they wish, ignoring His rebukes and discipline and in the end there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth for they will see the deception of their ways ! Sad but true that they choose their ways and continue to allow it too blind them, their choice !
God has warned them on many of occasions yet they continue to defy Him !!

"as they say ... too soon to rep!"

Old 06-04-2016, 11:58 AM

37,348 posts, read 28,454,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post

he

Yes, when we turn into a fundamentalist( a sin conscious rebuker of everyone's sins but our own) we deserve rebuking, I was rebuked for being one and returned to my first love and the cloak of fundamentalism I threw in to the Gehenna dumpster were it belonged

Unbelief should always be rebuked, because it's rooted in fear and belief in separation from God.

If your brother or sister sins against you forgive them 70 x 7.

Jesus will play your silly games of rebuking, be warned it will always be you that leaves with your tail between your legs.

When the accusers heard this, they slipped away one by one, beginning with the oldest, until only Jesus was left in the middle of the crowd with the woman

Camps, I've tried repping you but unfortunately CD doesn't allow it.

Last edited by pcamps; 06-04-2016 at 12:13 PM..

Old 06-04-2016, 12:36 PM

21,087 posts, read 29,361,015 times
Shhhhhhhh. Listen. Hear it? The VOICE of GOD...
Attached Thumbnails
I don't understand why homosexuals have to twist the bible into saying its OK to be gay-god_spoken.jpg  

Old 06-04-2016, 12:37 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,500,862 times
Quote:
This is what I mean when I say you simply refuse to read at all, go back to my post on the previous page and see how Jesus rebuked His Own Church.
Do you not know, you are the temple; and it's a heart condition, not one of religiosity?
Another term less often used is "religiousness" or the doctrines and beliefs of men.

Old 06-04-2016, 01:35 PM

24,537 posts, read 33,442,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
Roosevelt forced the Japanese to attack the U.S. by cutting off their oil supply---we were the primary source. They attacked in retaliation. Then we followed suit decades later with the first Iraq war to protect OUR oil sources.
The U.S. buys more oil from Canada and Mexico than it does from Iraq.

Quote:
The United States has literally raped small and third world countries to obtain cheap resources. That's how we remain the richest nation in the world, because blowhards encourage us to be thieves and wave the flag and sing "Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition.
What small and third world countries are you referring to?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity