Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2016, 12:12 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,626,305 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
There are also many seemingly dour and miserable people living in a dark cloud, who come here to accuse others of being dour and miserable. Go figure.
Here is a ray of sunshine for you, Finn. Sometimes you are dour and miserable, and it fits with every other human emotion you display.

Dour and miserable works for you. You wear it well. That is why your hugs smell like peppercorn.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2016, 12:21 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,736,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
Here is a ray of sunshine for you, Finn. Sometimes you are dour and miserable, and it fits with every other human emotion you display.

Dour and miserable works for you. You wear it well. That is why your hugs smell like peppercorn.
Sure. Same to you.

Old 05-25-2016, 12:21 PM

3,987 posts, read 2,119,011 times
I am a Born Again believer, and I recognize them. I must admit that I get upset at the way so many folks on here seem to want to disregard the Old Testament. Jesus Himself stated He came to fulfill the Law, and that not one part of it would go away. People want to ONLY believe in Gods Love and forgiveness, and disregard repentance. I'll agree that the Old Testament can sound harsh, but we cannot just believe the parts of The Bible that suit us. Even Jesus said that He came to divide. That is obvious when most every time somebody mentions believing in Him, they are made to sound like a nut case. I have a loving spirit because Of His Holy Spirit in me, but that same Spirit gets offended at the idealogy of accepting any and all behavior as "okay" because Jesus is loving and forgiving. I don't intend to offend anyone on here, but neither am I going to be a man pleaser at the expense of watering down Gods Holy Word.

Old 05-25-2016, 12:24 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,059,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
You shouldn't base your observations on internet forums. If we come off really negative it's often because anti-fundamental crowd constantly puts us on the defensive, insults, bullies and gangs up. Let's see, the "miserable" people at my church recently enjoyed a church wide picnic with a homemade ice cream contest.
Also, the youth group put on a date night for married couples. Candlelight tables, played music for them and snack food. Does that sound like miserable people to you?

OMG, they're downright suffering!

I hope you doused them with a good dose of "dour juice" to keep them towing the "party line".

Old 05-25-2016, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanokh View Post
Trout you can have your haughty attitude, you can be a man of strife, but it won't make you happy. You can keep denying God but do you have an explanation for life, a reason to exist, besides an obsession for belittling others? It is just tragic, you are breaking your head on an unbreakable Rock, fighting God is absolutely futile and you too will once die and know the truth. I pray for you, and I love you enough to tell you that you need Jesus Christ in your heart so you can be freed from all that anger and hostility. God bless you
This guy has been unbelievably hostile towards Christianity as long as I've been on this forum. The man radiates anger, and cannot resist one opportunity to make fun of God, Jesus, or Christians. He's headed to the wrong eternal destiny, but his pride will not allow him to admit he's wrong. It is tragic, but it's hard to feel too much sympathy for someone with a simply mean spirit.

Old 05-25-2016, 12:30 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,240,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Also, the youth group put on a date night for married couples. Candlelight tables, played music for them and snack food.
Were there any same-sex married couples? They'd enjoy a night out of the house....away from the kids..... eating snack foods and listening to music. Next time.....fly a rainbow flag out front and meet the neighbors.

Old 05-25-2016, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Were there any same-sex married couples? They'd enjoy a night out of the house....away from the kids..... eating snack foods and listening to music. Next time.....fly a rainbow flag out front and meet the neighbors.
AS Christians the world demands that when our beliefs conflict with PC nonsense- give into the PC nonsense. If we don't give a "stamp of approval" to the LBGT agenda- we are bigots and haters. Myself, I don't hate LBGTs, but I will not say I think their behavior is okay, just so people will like me. I'm more concerned with agreeing with God than agreeing with man. If people want to call me a "hater" due to putting Gods opinion over mans, I'm guilty.

Old 05-25-2016, 12:38 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,225,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Why would you ask a question like that, but to try to pick a fight?

Old 05-25-2016, 12:44 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,059,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan85 View Post
AS Christians the world demands that when our beliefs conflict with PC nonsense- give into the PC nonsense. If we don't give a "stamp of approval" to the LBGT agenda- we are bigots and haters. Myself, I don't hate LBGTs, but I will not say I think their behavior is okay, just so people will like me. I'm more concerned with agreeing with God than agreeing with man. If people want to call me a "hater" due to putting Gods opinion over mans, I'm guilty.

Count me as "guily" too. And I have LBGT friends to this day that I love dearly, BUT we have a truthful relationship in that they know my stand on it all and what can be done about it, and they struggle with it and I STILL love them and treat them no differently than any of my other friends. They go the places that I go, and have fellowship with the people I have fellowship with.

As Jesus said, speaking as the Spirit, it is not I that condemns you, the WORD condemns you, because killing the flesh man is it's purpose and there is no shortcut around that. But TRUE LOVE does not condone or engender bondage. That is the difference. Peace

Old 05-25-2016, 12:45 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,626,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Sure. Same to you.
My hugs smell like Channel No5 for the most part, however they feel like heaven. Yours smell like peppercorns. Peppercorn vine, beautiful at each stage of growth, and too much makes you sneeze. Fits you to a T.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity