Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2016, 09:36 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,226,971 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
He has a point, and this has come up before. If multiple people keep saying the same thing over and over, there might be something to it.

Pretty much every poster on this forum who lives by the idea that "The Word" means the Bible and that it is the inerrant, breathed actual word of God Himself seems dour and miserable. The focus for all of you is on what's dark and awful and sinful in this world, never on what's beautiful or light or positive. It's extremely apparent to the rest of us.

This is not meant as an insult. It is an observation. Think about it, how you look and sound to others, not just here, but maybe in real life, too. Nobody's going to see Christ in a dark cloud.
I realize that, and I'll strive to be more positive. On the other hand, there are a lot of anti-Christianity folk here that are basically trolls (not to name any names). They do nothing to add anything positive to the board. They have an agenda, and that is to simply whine, complain, and bemoan anyone that actually believes the Bible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2016, 10:09 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,736,805 times
There are also many seemingly dour and miserable people living in a dark cloud, who come here to accuse others of being dour and miserable. Go figure.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 05-25-2016 at 10:29 AM..

Old 05-25-2016, 10:16 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,242,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
There are also many dour and miserable people living in a dark cloud, who come here to accuse others of being dour and miserable. Go figure.
Who would that be, Mr. Sunshine?

Old 05-25-2016, 10:19 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,736,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Who would that be, Mr. Sunshine?
Whoever goes around calling others miserable. We have a lot of people here who make a hobby out of saying negative things about others (Christians being their favorite targets). How do they think they come across?

Does the shoe fit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude
It's not a problem for me that fundies are miserable. They simply are.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801
Pretty much every poster on this forum who lives by the idea that "The Word" means the Bible and that it is the inerrant, breathed actual word of God Himself seems dour and miserable.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 05-25-2016 at 10:28 AM..

Old 05-25-2016, 10:26 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,060,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Sons were embryos before their birth, so are our Spirits. Born from above means begotten/ conceived from above (God), just as you were conceived by your parents. You were NOT born at your conception. Christ abides with our Spirit as the Comforter to help us grow and mature enough to be born as Spirit upon our physical death.

Once again, just as the evil king in 1Kings 12 put off the feast, changed it's requirements, and changed it's location, your New Age based doctrine is doing the same thing to your soul. May He have mercy upon you to open your eyes before it's too late. Peace

Old 05-25-2016, 10:54 AM

15,897 posts, read 6,366,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Once again, just as the evil king in 1Kings 12 put off the feast, changed it's requirements, and changed it's location, your New Age based doctrine is doing the same thing to your soul. May He have mercy upon you to open your eyes before it's too late. Peace
I'm too lazy to check posts, but I could have sworn you were the poster that I agreed with that there never was fall. Was that you? I think we disagreed on what death meant but that seems minor to me.

Old 05-25-2016, 11:36 AM

10,096 posts, read 5,755,188 times
Quote:
I have yet to meet a fundy with a pleasant, optimistic demeanour. They always look - and post - like their last meal was a lemon washed down with vinegar.
And when's the last time you set foot inside a fundy church?

Old 05-25-2016, 11:39 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,060,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
I'm too lazy to check posts, but I could have sworn you were the poster that I agreed with that there never was fall. Was that you? I think we disagreed on what death meant but that seems minor to me.

Nah, not me. I believe in a fall. Peace

Old 05-25-2016, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Nice "Slick" deflection.

It's not a problem for me that fundies are miserable. They simply are. It's quite obvious from your, jeffy's and bryan et al's posts. You think poorly of yourselves and even more poorly about others.

It's quite understandable that a person who obsesses about "sin" within and without and believes in a murderous god, would have a rather dyspeptic, jaundiced view of life.
Mockery is a form of hate and hate leads to anger and anger leads to misery.

Old 05-25-2016, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
He has a point, and this has come up before. If multiple people keep saying the same thing over and over, there might be something to it.

Pretty much every poster on this forum who lives by the idea that "The Word" means the Bible and that it is the inerrant, breathed actual word of God Himself seems dour and miserable. The focus for all of you is on what's dark and awful and sinful in this world, never on what's beautiful or light or positive. It's extremely apparent to the rest of us.

This is not meant as an insult. It is an observation. Think about it, how you look and sound to others, not just here, but maybe in real life, too. Nobody's going to see Christ in a dark cloud.
You shouldn't base your observations on internet forums. If we come off really negative it's often because anti-fundamental crowd constantly puts us on the defensive, insults, bullies and gangs up. Let's see, the "miserable" people at my church recently enjoyed a church wide picnic with a homemade ice cream contest.
Also, the youth group put on a date night for married couples. Candlelight tables, played music for them and snack food. Does that sound like miserable people to you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity