Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2016, 03:17 PM

17,164 posts, read 11,438,447 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
Some like you are just hard to let go.
Where's the little blowing kisses emoji when you need it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2016, 03:30 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,280,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
I am on a mission to give hugs in this thread. I am out of breath as Freak has longer legs than mine. I hope you are blessed with short legs.

I'll lean over.

Old 05-20-2016, 03:35 PM

9,981 posts, read 8,621,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Most of the bible and the events described therein are not true.
and you know this because you were alive thousands of years ago.

Old 05-20-2016, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
and you know this because you were alive thousands of years ago.
I know this because donkeys and snakes don't talk, nobody can live inside a giant fish for 3 days and man wasn't magi-poofed from mud.

In other words, I am educated, intelligent and capable of discerning myth from reality.

Old 05-20-2016, 03:53 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,967,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanokh View Post
Okay what has been puzzling to me since I joined this forum is the immense hatred to those who keep to a literal, Biblical Christian worldview. Sometimes I seriously need to recheck if this is the "Christianity" forum. The attitudes are very hostile, and the atmosphere imo very negative in general. And ironically the people that proclaim 'agape love', (or refer to Dan & John Ford Coley songs on love), are usually the ones most hostile and impatient towards Bible believing Christians.

So why does the agape love fly out of the door all of a sudden when confronted with other views? Even if other views claim exclusivity, and you don't agree, shouldn't agape love, love them nonetheless?
Why is there a need to keep denegrating faithful Christians as "fundies", bigoted, hateful, small-minded, etc. If agape love is indeed agape (universal and unconditional), then shouldn't that include "fundies"?

Maybe I am wrong, and I am new on the forum, but do others recognise this hostile attitude?
Why is it that the fundies are quick to claim that their warnings of hellfire and damnation on all those they see as violating the standards set by God is really love because it is like warning a child about a hot stove, but when the same kind of warning about consequences of hateful attitudes and speech is applied to them, it is suddenly "hostile?"

Old 05-20-2016, 04:07 PM

1,419 posts, read 1,053,731 times
Trout you can have your haughty attitude, you can be a man of strife, but it won't make you happy. You can keep denying God but do you have an explanation for life, a reason to exist, besides an obsession for belittling others? It is just tragic, you are breaking your head on an unbreakable Rock, fighting God is absolutely futile and you too will once die and know the truth. I pray for you, and I love you enough to tell you that you need Jesus Christ in your heart so you can be freed from all that anger and hostility. God bless you

Old 05-20-2016, 04:08 PM

15,958 posts, read 6,392,659 times
Quote:
Okay what has been puzzling to me since I joined this forum is the immense hatred to those who keep to a literal, Biblical Christian worldview. Sometimes I seriously need to recheck if this is the "Christianity" forum. The attitudes are very hostile, and the atmosphere imo very negative in general. And ironically the people that proclaim 'agape love', (or refer to Dan & John Ford Coley songs on love), are usually the ones most hostile and impatient towards Bible believing Christians.

So why does the agape love fly out of the door all of a sudden when confronted with other views? Even if other views claim exclusivity, and you don't agree, shouldn't agape love, love them nonetheless?
Why is there a need to keep denegrating faithful Christians as "fundies", bigoted, hateful, small-minded, etc. If agape love is indeed agape (universal and unconditional), then shouldn't that include "fundies"?

Maybe I am wrong, and I am new on the forum, but do others recognise this hostile attitude?
Hey!!! I can hear you. How embarrassing!!! I don't feel hostile so if I am coming across that way you will have to point out exactly what you are talking about. I make no apologies for trying to expose the Watchtower corp. If you knew what I did so would you (I imagine...maybe). I have even stuck up for those goofballs a few times stating that calling them stupid was an attribution error and anyone could be taken in. Someone even commented they joined so they could be controlled. Again, no one deserves to be sucked into a into control group.

How about: I apologize in advance for the cheesy graphics(no I don't)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4Bl_VQ2inM

Old 05-20-2016, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Trout you can have your haughty attitude, you can be a man of strife, but it won't make you happy. You can keep denying God but do you have an explanation for life, a reason to exist, besides an obsession for belittling others? It is just tragic, you are breaking your head on an unbreakable Rock, fighting God is absolutely futile and you too will once die and know the truth. I pray for you, and I love you enough to tell you that you need Jesus Christ in your heart so you can be freed from all that anger and hostility. God bless you
I have no problem with there being a God.

But that psychotic mass murderer in your book ain't it.

Old 05-20-2016, 05:32 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,450,100 times
Quote:

Love all of mankind, and harm nobody - if, given a choice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFnFr-DOPf8

Old 05-20-2016, 07:17 PM

64,024 posts, read 40,325,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Why is it that the fundies are quick to claim that their warnings of hellfire and damnation on all those they see as violating the standards set by God is really love because it is like warning a child about a hot stove, but when the same kind of warning about consequences of hateful attitudes and speech is applied to them, it is suddenly "hostile?"
Well said, nate!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity