Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2016, 09:07 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,090,166 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
He is happy to see millions of people follow Him.

Whoever told you no one follows Him, lied to you.
I know the path that he walked, it shows it in the NT, however, I have yet to see someone claiming to be Christian actually walking as he walked, in other words, following his example, walking in his footsteps...In other words, I see by observation, not by someone telling me this...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2016, 09:09 AM

88,734 posts, read 85,080,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
They did follow in His footsteps, and were murdered for their convictions
and for following Him. This is how Christianity was able to spread, despite
the blood of the martyrs who did not entice physical rebellion against the
secular powers, but a conversion of the hearts of men and women.

It is important not to read the New Testment, or any of the Holy Bible
in a verse-specific manner, as if these sentences were meant to be
stand-alone dogmas.

The Bible was not written broken down into separate verses.
Good reminder. I think too many people forget that. Unfortunately, one of the negative side effects of the chapter/verse breakdown was that it encourages some to pull pieces out of context and use them in a manner other than they were meant.

Old 06-04-2016, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
He is happy to see millions of people follow Him.
I see millions divided into 40k plus different denominations claiming to hold the truth and all dancing to their own tunes...

Last edited by Richard1965; 06-04-2016 at 09:25 AM..

Old 06-04-2016, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
They did follow in His footsteps, and were murdered for their convictions
and for following Him. This is how Christianity was able to spread, despite
the blood of the martyrs who did not entice physical rebellion against the
secular powers, but a conversion of the hearts of men and women.

It is important not to read the New Testment, or any of the Holy Bible
in a verse-specific manner, as if these sentences were meant to be
stand-alone dogmas.

The Bible was not written broken down into separate verses.
Of course not...Chapters and verses did not appear until about the middle ages...

Old 06-04-2016, 09:12 AM

88,734 posts, read 85,080,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
I see millions divided into 40 plus different denominations claiming to hold the truth and all dancing to their own tunes...
Remember..."There is only one Christ, Jesus, and one faith. All else is a dispute over trifles." - Elizabeth I

I've been over there on the Judaism forum watching you guys fight over whether it was ok for a guy to use jumper cables to help a stranded motorist on Shabbos, so don't point fingers, lol.

Old 06-04-2016, 09:23 AM

4,217 posts, read 2,791,734 times
The problem is that Christians do not know me nor the will of God nor the name of my heavenly Father.

The man who keeps the commandments he has from me is the man who loves me and the man who loves me shall be loved by my Father ,I too shall love him, and reveal myself to him.

All those who call on the name of my heavenly Father and do His will shall be saved.

Old 06-04-2016, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
You know, Richard, if a goy went over to the Judaism forum and started asking why Jews don't follow Torah, he or she would be pelted with slap downs and reported to the mods. You are Jewish, not Christian. You said that to me recently.

Have the same respect for others' faiths that you demand for your own.
Maybe when Christians get rid of their edited version of the Tanakh and just use their NT and stop calling their faith an Abrahamic religion and admit that Christianity is a new religion that popped up 2000 years ago with no ties to Judaism or being an Abrahamic religion, I'll comply, but as long as they attach themselves to Jews via their Christian edited version of the Tanakh and claim things such as being spiritual Israel because G-d has rejected Israel or that we missed our true Mashiach, etc....It's fair game...

Old 06-04-2016, 09:24 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,273,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Since I'm not even allowed to define who is and isn't a Christian, according to a lot of folks on this board, why would you make the statement?

If you can't define what you mean, and you can't even define who is and isn't a Christian....what's the point of your statement?
You can define what it means to you, right?
Attached Thumbnails
Why don't Christians follow the pafh of Jesus?...-naked_nothing_in_common.jpg  

Old 06-04-2016, 09:29 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,226,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
I see millions divided into 40k plus different denominations claiming to hold the truth and all dancing to their own tunes...
I've asked this a hundred times....I want a list of those supposed 40k denominations. No one has ever provided it. Why do you continue to make the statement?

Old 06-04-2016, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Remember..."There is only one Christ, Jesus, and one faith. All else is a dispute over trifles." - Elizabeth I

I've been over there on the Judaism forum watching you guys fight over whether it was ok for a guy to use jumper cables to help a stranded motorist on Shabbos, so don't point fingers, lol.
I'm not pointing fingers...If folks would just go and read the Tanakh themselves without any pre-conceived notions, they would begin to have questions...I have an open mind and therefore study everything...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity