Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2009, 09:02 PM

1 posts, read 884 times

Advertisements

I read this story and I wanted to tell you about my little hairless dog. (chinese crested.) I saw a story on the news right before christmas last year and here it was--a bank robber had a secret puppy mill in her house and the dogs were taken and up for adoption. I waited in line for a pomeranian and I walked by a cage with a tiny little hairless dog with a sweater on. she ran up to the cage as though she knew me. the others cowered. I signed for and ended up adopting her. They insisted she be fixed first so they took her to the vet the next morning and then I picked her up that evening. she was funny looking, I bought her cute little outfits and she had a big christmas dinner. the best ever considering she was used her hole life to spit out pups for cash. she got sick, well she did not seem cheerful after they operated, but slowly she got sicker and sicker. I took her to the vet that didn't know what was wrong. I think she died of the distemper that she picked up in the vets. anyway, they wanted to stick her in a cage but we brought her home to die. I thought that I would die too, she died being held, not in a cage. the animal shelter offered me another but I did not really feel the same about them. I signed up for a puppy (didnt know what kind) from a pregnant female that was confiscated from the same raid. 2 monthes later I pick up my puppy and amazingly, it was a pomeranian mix and has the same personality as the other dog, born around the same time that the other died, sometimes even looks at me like it is her. weird, right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2009, 10:40 PM

63,817 posts, read 40,099,995 times
It is our consciousness and its "state of mind" that determines our fate . . . and it determines what we will take with us into heaven. Everything we create in our consciousness (good or bad) become part of us . . . that is why repentance is so important. We redo through love of Jesus those parts of our consciousness that are unacceptable to God. The love we create for any creature on this earth (even the least of them) stays with us and those objects of our love are in spirit form in our consciousness. They will be with us always. Love is what enters heaven . . . love of God and each other (and every other creature we love). Cruelty or hate or mistreatment or ANY form of negative treatment toward ANY creature (even the least of them) taints our love and our soul. It cannot enter heaven. A word to the wise.

Old 06-07-2009, 05:03 AM

4,346 posts, read 6,619,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marks View Post

"And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. "
(Genesis 1:24-31)

What does dominion mean? Radah (raw-daw') to tread down, i.e. subjugate; specifically, have dominion, prevail against, reign, (bear, make to) rule,(-r, over), take.
Do you think in this day and age we need to tread the animals down and subjugate them, lest (peradventure) they should multiply in the land which the Lord has given us and lest they should prevail against us?

Quote:
We can do as we wish with animals.
Mistreating (in anyway) conscious creatures who feel pain is a cowardly and evil act. God did not put animals here to be abused and tormented by those in charge (us). It is our job to care for and protect them.

How you treat ALL fellow creatures defines who you are.

William Wilberforce was moved by God to stand up against the barbaric practice of slavery in his day and was instrumental in it's final abolition.

He also founded the first animal rights organization in human history.

Both the abolition of slavery and the abolition of animal abuse is inspired by the same Spirit.

Time to stop hiding behind bible verses to promote mindless barbaric slaughter, don't you think? (I'm not saying you personally do this - but many have and do).

Quote:
Didn't we have this topic before? Anyway, one more time for those that didn't get it. God gave us animals and we have dominion over them.
One more time for those who didn't get it:
Mistreating (in anyway) conscious creatures who feel pain is a cowardly and evil act. God did not put animals here to be abused and tormented by those in charge (us). It is our job to care for and protect them.

Authority is given by God to build up, not to wield the power so "We can do as we wish".

Although man HAS been given the authority to do so, there are serious consequences for abusing that authority.

Last edited by firstborn888; 06-07-2009 at 05:12 AM..

Old 06-07-2009, 05:28 AM

1,168 posts, read 2,504,085 times
Sorry for your loss. Animals can really touch our hearts. I believe the spirit of all creatures go back to their creator. Nothing is lost.

Old 06-07-2009, 09:05 AM

8,178 posts, read 6,928,011 times
firstborn... excellent post.

The idea that we were given animals to "do as we wish"....
Is this not part of the fallen state of mankind... to think this way?

Why do you think we have such a limited relationship with animals now? Why do they run from us? Why is the vast population of the animal kingdom frightened of us? Because they know. (instinctually know) They know that we are in this very state. This fallen state that would allow a person to think that we can do as we wish with them. That is why they run...

No. "Whatever you do unto the least of these, you do unto me."
Let's not forget that God notes the death of a sparrow. One of the most common and plainest, ordinary little birds. Many would call a sparrow "insignificant". Yet God notes when one dies. Interesting, eh?

Man was given dominion over the animals because he was trusted to care for them. He was entrusted with this authority.

Now, in our fallen state, this is just one more thing that we are learning, what non-love looks like. What happens when we do not LOVE. Mistreatment, abuse, and treating God's creatures as if they were a commodity to be had. One day, the animals will not run from us anymore. But that day is certainly not today. Not as long as we have the attitude that we were given animals to do as WE wish....

When our actions towards God's creatures are once again, born out of loving-kindness, when they are born out of all of the fruits of the spirit, when this corruption puts on incorruption..then:

Isaiah 11:6 The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them.

Isaiah 65:25 The wolf and the lamb shall feed together, and the lion shall eat straw like the bullock: and dust shall be the serpent's meat. They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain, saith the LORD.

peace.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity