Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2016, 08:36 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,948,774 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaznjohn View Post
I really don't have time to delve into these, so what specifically were the tools you found from these?
I can't chart your course, that's between you and the Spirit when you open to it. (if) How do YOU find yourself caring about what happens to other people?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2016, 05:55 AM

7,381 posts, read 7,702,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
I can't chart your course, that's between you and the Spirit when you open to it. (if) How do YOU find yourself caring about what happens to other people?
Personally, its not that difficult, not something I need tools to achieve, especially some divine guidance. I suppose I care for others because I would not want the same bad things to happen to me, understanding the possible pain and suffering they might endure. I don't want anyone to endure pain and suffering unless they've intentionally caused pain and suffering on others. IMO, its not a course to chart, but something inherent in all of us from centuries of evolutionary morality.

Now, can you explain the tools that you use for this course that you have charted and how/why it requires faith in the supernatural?

Old 07-01-2016, 06:46 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,948,774 times
Quote:
Personally, its not that difficult, not something I need tools to achieve, especially some divine guidance. I suppose I care for others because I would not want the same bad things to happen to me, understanding the possible pain and suffering they might endure. I don't want anyone to endure pain and suffering unless they've intentionally caused pain and suffering on others. IMO, its not a course to chart, but something inherent in all of us from centuries of evolutionary morality.

Now, can you explain the tools that you use for this course that you have charted and how/why it requires faith in the supernatural?
I didn't say that it requires faith in the supernatural, you are just pushing your narrative again. My answer didn't fit into what your narrative had planned for, so you are just scrambling to fit it in.

Old 07-01-2016, 10:28 AM

37,340 posts, read 28,354,649 times
Quote:
I really don't have time to delve into these, so what specifically were the tools you found from these?
Have you ever sought God with an open heart and mind ?. If you haven't there is zero chance of you seeing the reality of God even if it slapped you in your face, you would call it something else other than God. If we all took your lead of not going the extra mile to discover something, I'm pretty sure we'd all be still savages.

Old 07-01-2016, 10:58 AM

3,987 posts, read 2,119,338 times
My basis for belief is what God has done in my life thru Jesus Christ. Without that personal experience, it's very hard for people to open their hearts.

Old 07-01-2016, 11:08 AM

2,981 posts, read 2,939,338 times
Quote:
How did you ascertain that the Bible has quotes from God? Faith? Your upbringing?

Maybe because of my upbringing
God being merciful gives me faith in Him.
He began to show me how everything of His is under His control.
That of those who were evil believing to be over me
wouldn't be able to use me to their gain but for God's glory. Which they despised.
God allows me to see into situations and shows me how He wants me to respond, or not.
People become bewildered and dismayed when
things wouldn't work out for them as they desired to glory in.
Becoming leery of me they all end up leaving me alone not wanting to be snared again by their own tap.
So I understand how the testimonies of those in the bible with God are true.

Old 07-01-2016, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan85 View Post
My basis for belief is what God has done in my life thru Jesus Christ. Without that personal experience, it's very hard for people to open their hearts.
Many people claim to have personal experiences with alien abduction and conversations of Elvis. Though we might believe that these individuals believe they actually had these experiences, do you believe that these are legitimate claims?

Old 07-01-2016, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevelationWriter View Post
Maybe because of my upbringing
God being merciful gives me faith in Him.
He began to show me how everything of His is under His control.
That of those who were evil believing to be over me
wouldn't be able to use me to their gain but for God's glory. Which they despised.
God allows me to see into situations and shows me how He wants me to respond, or not.
People become bewildered and dismayed when
things wouldn't work out for them as they desired to glory in.
Becoming leery of me they all end up leaving me alone not wanting to be snared again by their own tap.
So I understand how the testimonies of those in the bible with God are true.
Do you understand that those of other religions make the same claim? If you and a Hindu were explaining this same thing to an objective observer, how would you provide the evidence that your God is the legitimate source over Vishnu, or some other God?

Old 07-01-2016, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Have you ever sought God with an open heart and mind ?. If you haven't there is zero chance of you seeing the reality of God even if it slapped you in your face, you would call it something else other than God. If we all took your lead of not going the extra mile to discover something, I'm pretty sure we'd all be still savages.
Yes. I was a "born again" Christian for nearly 20 years, so I have "sought God" with a fervor. After so long, when one finally questions one's faith, one will accept any grain of evidence to justify the years invested in one's belief. I believe I went much more than the extra mile, so I believe my lead is reasonable.

Old 07-01-2016, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
I didn't say that it requires faith in the supernatural, you are just pushing your narrative again. My answer didn't fit into what your narrative had planned for, so you are just scrambling to fit it in.
So, you believe God is a natural being, subject to all of the laws of physics that other natural beings are subject to?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity