Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2016, 10:21 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,597,802 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
How does one become a people hater and a bible lover?

Not quite the same as a people LOVER and a JESUS LOVER is it?

To paraphrase--One can love Jesus or the bible, but one cannot love both...

By that I mean someone who OPPOSES the common GOOD and promotes GREED, WAR and ALL ABOUT ME attitude?

Was this part of Christ's message? Pretty sure it was not included in the Beatitudes?
No, I'm afraid it's all your invention.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2016, 10:41 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,912,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
You could open a thread about it as opposed to derailing this one.
The thread is about loving people, Finn, and necessarily implies the symptoms of the opposite, which is also known as selfishness.

Old 07-13-2016, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
The thread is about loving people, Finn, and necessarily implies the symptoms of the opposite, which is also known as selfishness.
I am sure zthatzmanz28 is happy to discuss the wonders of government programs, so knock yourself out.

I pay taxes. Very loving....I must be one of the good guys, and not one of those ignorant, barbaric, bible worshiping, hateful, bigoted, evangelical cultists who never pay taxes......wait....... I think they do pay, which can only mean they are also very agape loving I am glad we got this sorted out.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 07-13-2016 at 10:52 AM..

Old 07-13-2016, 11:01 AM

Quote:
I am sure zthatzmanz28 is happy to discuss the wonders of government programs, so knock yourself out.

I pay taxes. Very loving....I must be one of the good guys, and not one of those ignorant, barbaric, bible worshiping, hateful, bigoted, evangelical cultists who never pay taxes......wait....... I think they do pay, which can only mean they are also very agape loving I am glad we got this sorted out.
As you pointed out, some of the people who pay taxes do so unwillingly and some even fight some of the programs those taxes pay for, and you were absolutely right about that not being an act of love. On the other hand the people who actively support such programs ARE concerned with the well-being of the recipients and I call that an act of love, whether it is in any degree misguided or not.

Please don't try blatantly illogical sarcasm, it doesn't suit you.

Old 07-13-2016, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
As you pointed out, some of the people who pay taxes do so unwillingly and some even fight some of the programs those taxes pay for, and you were absolutely right about that not being an act of love. On the other hand the people who actively support such programs ARE concerned with the well-being of the recipients and I call that an act of love, whether it is in any degree misguided or not.
Aahh, so it is more 'loving' to impose the taxes on someone else than to pay yourself. Got it!

You can't make it up folks

Is Timothy less loving than 'Bob because he supports approach "A" while Bob supports approach "B"? Who is the judge of which is more 'loving'? Apparently its people like you, who think they have been authorized by God to judge who is 'loving' and who is not.

Old 07-13-2016, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Aahh, so is more 'loving' to impose the taxes on someone else than to pay yourself. Got it!

You can't make it up folks

Is Timothy less loving than 'Bob because he supports approach "A" while Bob supports approach "B"? Who is the judge of which is more 'loving'? Apparently its people like you, who think they have been authorized by God to judge who is 'loving' and who is not.
It's all about the conflict between personal benefit balanced against benefit to society as a whole. I don't judge individuals, but I do point out that motivation for particular stances may not be all that pure, and the people who oppose programs without viable alternatives are at best highly suspect.

Old 07-14-2016, 02:59 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,206,191 times
Quote:

Bet you are the first to send a few hundred letters to representatives telling them how you want your tax money spent and what sharia law legislation you would love to see imposed on the populace.

So glad WE got that straightened out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity