Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2016, 07:29 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,626,894 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
You are a Jesus follower, who believes like a Jew. Interesting...
Jesus was Hebrew. I love him because he transcended the status quo especially when it came to women, and the poor.

He treated women as equals and with respect. He loved them without condition or condemnation.

That is what I believe. Label it as you wish. I look at things from the eyes of Jesus at the time he lived. He was an extrordinary human being. What's not to love?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2016, 07:30 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,090,166 times
Quote:
"You shall call His name Immanuel", meaning God with us.
He was never called by that name...

Old 08-11-2016, 07:33 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,449,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
He was never called by that name...
Correct, it just meant God was with His people in action, not in person.

The first Immanuel was an Israelite and not God and he is the one initially prophesied about.

Old 08-11-2016, 07:36 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,449,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Isaiah 53:

10 And the Lord wished to crush him, He made him ill; if his soul makes itself restitution, he shall see children, he shall prolong his days, and God's purpose shall prosper in his hand.

How does the above apply to the Mashiach let alone Jesus?...
His children are of a spiritual wife as he has a bride. They are the believers who turn to him and he replaces Adam as their father, thus becoming an everlasting Father to them.

Old 08-11-2016, 08:08 PM

20,444 posts, read 12,825,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
Jesus was Hebrew. I love him because he transcended the status quo especially when it came to women, and the poor.

He treated women as equals and with respect. He loved them without condition or condemnation.

That is what I believe. Label it as you wish. I look at things from the eyes of Jesus at the time he lived. He was an extrordinary human being. What's not to love?
Fair enough.

Jesus is God. I love Him because He first loved me, and gave His life to save me from my sins, and not only me, but all who believe. I desire to love God and others, as He did.

Old 08-11-2016, 08:12 PM

12,918 posts, read 16,894,870 times
Quote:
Joseph was not His Father.
He admitted to being a "son" of the Pharisees by using the title "son of god". Do you still deny what the Bible states very explicitly?

It's obvious that the "Father" represents any person or belief system which influences or more specifically, controls a person. Such as "your father, the devil" which he also said when addressing the Pharisees. The "father" Jesus referenced might not have been a literal person, but more of a new philosophy he was embracing by rejecting the Pharisees.

Old 08-11-2016, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Fair enough.

Jesus is God. I love Him because He first loved me, and gave His life to save me from my sins, and not only me, but all who believe. I desire to love God and others, as He did.
Jesus is not God. God is God and Jesus is Jesus. The apostles may have mistakenly thought he was the Messiah given the intense Messianic energy of the time, but they never believed he was God. Hebrews did not think God was part of a trinity. Since the apostles were Hebrew, they would never believe Jesus was God. Messiah, yes. God, no.

He was awesome, though. I wonder what he looked like. How he walked. How he carried himself. His favorite foods, and games. I wonder about his childhood and the things he saw and experienced that shaped his thinking. I wonder about the women who shaped his mind and loved him. I wonder how his brothers and sisters treated him, and spoke to him. I wonder who taught him to dance, and approach a girl. He is the sum of all those experiences.

Old 08-11-2016, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
He admitted to being a "son" of the Pharisees by using the title "son of god". Do you still deny what the Bible states very explicitly?

It's obvious that the "Father" represents any person or belief system which influences or more specifically, controls a person. Such as "your father, the devil" which he also said when addressing the Pharisees. The "father" Jesus referenced might not have been a literal person, but more of a new philosophy he was embracing by rejecting the Pharisees.
The Father Jesus spoke of was/is Jehovah, Yahweh, the Great I AM, our Creator.

Old 08-11-2016, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
Jesus is not God. God is God and Jesus is Jesus. The apostles may have mistakenly thought he was the Messiah given the intense Messianic energy of the time, but they never believed he was God. Hebrews did not think God was part of a trinity. Since the apostles were Hebrew, they would never believe Jesus was God. Messiah, yes. God, no.

He was awesome, though. I wonder what he looked like. How he walked. How he carried himself. His favorite foods, and games. I wonder about his childhood and the things he saw and experienced that shaped his thinking. I wonder about the women who shaped his mind and loved him. I wonder how his brothers and sisters treated him, and spoke to him. I wonder who taught him to dance, and approach a girl. He is the sum of all those experiences.
Matthew 16:16

Simon Peter answered and said, "Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.”

John 20:28

28 “My Lord and my God!” Thomas exclaimed.

Old 08-11-2016, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Matthew 16:16

Simon Peter answered and said, "Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.”

John 20:28

28 “My Lord and my God!” Thomas exclaimed.
The son of God is not God. There is Jesus who Peter called the son. And there is God. Different entities. Peter was a Jew. Jesus was not divine.

My Lord, and my God. Two different things. Context and tone is everything.

Thomas exclaimed. My Lord. He touched the wounds and said. My God. More in the vein of Holy Cow!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity