Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2016, 05:55 PM

4,747 posts, read 2,352,806 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Not as far as his millions of followers would say, they would say that he is the ultimate example of how to be and this is sheer truth.

You should either go one way all the way, or go the other way, all the way.

Anyone in between is silly.

If I didn't believe in God, I would be so wealthy, just like my father.
Jesus must have been doing something wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2016, 07:25 PM

23,182 posts, read 10,478,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tired of the Nonsense View Post
Jesus must have been doing something wrong.
I have met few Christians who wont willingly try and prove Jesus wrong.

Old 08-15-2016, 10:11 PM

1,050 posts, read 506,458 times
Quote:
... that is what the bible is teaching us, that when we die, we will give birth to that seed within ourselves, a seed planted their by God that a person is no longer just an animal, but A son of the living God.
This was understood very differently in the early days when the practice of "Christianity" was actually a spiritual practice, very unlike today. It was understood by some of the greatest figures in the story of Christianity as saying that we must die to self. We must shed this thing we call "human" because it is merely a concept in the mind of the worldly man. We must shed this idea that "I am my body" because it is false and carnal. We must practice and surrender and overcome all worldliness in us until nothing is left in consciousness. Only then can we die to self. And then we must die daily until it becomes a continuous state of our existence. Only then can we find the seed: "I, Christ". We must become one Self, one Life, one Being with Christ as Jesus was one with the Father... one Self, one Life, one Being, one IS.

But this is "foreign" to modern religious who are entangled in the words they read.

Old 08-15-2016, 10:36 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,210,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kode View Post
This was understood very differently in the early days when the practice of "Christianity" was actually a spiritual practice, very unlike today. It was understood by some of the greatest figures in the story of Christianity as saying that we must die to self. We must shed this thing we call "human" because it is merely a concept in the mind of the worldly man. We must shed this idea that "I am my body" because it is false and carnal. We must practice and surrender and overcome all worldliness in us until nothing is left in consciousness. Only then can we die to self. And then we must die daily until it becomes a continuous state of our existence. Only then can we find the seed: "I, Christ". We must become one Self, one Life, one Being with Christ as Jesus was one with the Father... one Self, one Life, one Being, one IS.

But this is "foreign" to modern religious who are entangled in the words they read.
You sound like a man in need of a whip and a hair shirt.

Old 08-15-2016, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
You sound like a man in need of a whip and a hair shirt.
That's interesting, I never heard the term,'' Hair ****.''

But I have heard the term, '' wearing a skin to deceive.''

But I aint seen this Kode before, he looks pretty knowledgeable to me.

Now what is that hair suit about, and don't be making me giggle like that, you know it gives me gas.

Old 08-15-2016, 10:57 PM

Quote:
That's interesting, I never heard the term,'' Hair ****.''

But I have heard the term, '' wearing a skin to deceive.''

But I aint seen this Kode before, he looks pretty knowledgeable to me.

Now what is that hair suit about, and don't be making me giggle like that, you know it gives me gas.
As I recall it (Religious Studies 20 was in 1972 - so gimme a break) some Christians were flagellants - they whipped themselves bloody to "prove" something or other to their version of god. And then, rather than add unguents or other soothing-type medications to their scoured skin, they'd wear a rough, itchy shirt made of some sort of scratchy hair.

Pain was their only pleasure*.

*My soul brother and best friend pretty much from birth used to say that all the time: "Pain is my only pleasure." He died at 40. But he lived large.

Old 08-15-2016, 11:18 PM

Quote:
As I recall it (Religious Studies 20 was in 1972 - so gimme a break) some Christians were flagellants - they whipped themselves bloody to "prove" something or other to their version of god. And then, rather than add unguents or other soothing-type medications to their scoured skin, they'd wear a rough, itchy shirt made of some sort of scratchy hair.

Pain was their only pleasure*.

*My soul brother and best friend pretty much from birth used to say that all the time: "Pain is my only pleasure." He died at 40. But he lived large.

Ever watch Longmire?

That is me, if there was only a chance of beating the flesh enough!!!

I would be known as the blood king.

But then this is the way of things in the bible Trout, to die to oneself, but anyone who beats themselves to blood is seriously, obviously deceived.

You can't make amends.

An End to Idolatry
…3"And if anyone still prophesies, then his father and mother who gave birth to him will say to him, 'You shall not live, for you have spoken falsely in the name of the LORD'; and his father and mother who gave birth to him will pierce him through when he prophesies. 4"Also it will come about in that day that the prophets will each be ashamed of his vision when he prophesies, and they will not put on a hairy robe in order to deceive; 5but he will say, 'I am not a prophet; I am a tiller of the ground, for a man sold me as a slave in my youth.'…

Zachariah 13

6And one shall say unto him, What are these wounds in thine hands? Then he shall answer, Those with which I was wounded in the house of my friends.

Those are scars committed by himself as he thought himself to be the inner man when in fact, he was not.

A person who puts the skins of animals on to deceive is saying exactly that he is the hidden son within, the almighty spiritual son.

But he is caught in his folly because he would kill all by the river Jordan under his judgment as Elijah would wear a skin suit to then kill all down by the river.

Elijah was a failure, and those who would be the judging Elijah will always fail.

Old 08-15-2016, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Ever watch Longmire?

That is me, if there was only a chance of beating the flesh enough!!!

I would be known as the blood king.

But then this is the way of things in the bible Trout, to die to oneself, but anyone who beats themselves to blood is seriously, obviously deceived.

You can't make amends.

An End to Idolatry
…3"And if anyone still prophesies, then his father and mother who gave birth to him will say to him, 'You shall not live, for you have spoken falsely in the name of the LORD'; and his father and mother who gave birth to him will pierce him through when he prophesies. 4"Also it will come about in that day that the prophets will each be ashamed of his vision when he prophesies, and they will not put on a hairy robe in order to deceive; 5but he will say, 'I am not a prophet; I am a tiller of the ground, for a man sold me as a slave in my youth.'…

Zachariah 13

6And one shall say unto him, What are these wounds in thine hands? Then he shall answer, Those with which I was wounded in the house of my friends.

Those are scars committed by himself as he thought himself to be the inner man when in fact, he was not.

A person who puts the skins of animals on to deceive is saying exactly that he is the hidden son within, the almighty spiritual son.

But he is caught in his folly because he would kill all by the river Jordan under his judgment as Elijah would wear a skin suit to then kill all down by the river.

Elijah was a failure, and those who would be the judging Elijah will always fail.
No, never heard of Longmire. What station is it on?

As to the bible stuff -- how about those Blue Jays!?

Old 08-15-2016, 11:31 PM

Quote:
No, never heard of Longmire. What station is it on?

As to the bible stuff -- how about those Blue Jays!?

Longmire is a Netflix 3 season deal.

An Indian like me, a cowboy also.

As to that Bible stuff, '' Go Pelicans.''

A snake eater.

Old 08-16-2016, 11:37 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,051,626 times
Too funny....as to that bible stuff....Go Cardinals.....roflol.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity