Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2016, 12:58 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,072,451 times

Advertisements

Here's the thing. Mammon comes from a Hebrew word (not Greek, even in Matthew, surprise; the book was originally written in Hebrew) that runs into meanings of trust and confidence, as in whatever you put your faith, trust, or confidence in. It does NOT mean just money, for it's a spiritual principle and spiritual principles predate the things man made. Adam didn't have or need money.

What was given up in the garden by Eve, Adam's stony heart, was WHERE her trust was placed, WHO she had confidence in, and WHAT was the most valuable to her. It was an exchange of gods, which is why you cannot serve THE G-d, and mammon.

The former (serving G-d) does not automatically annul the second, because it is the Father's wish to give us the kingdom and THAT kingdom rules over all the others, ie. the kingdoms of this world have become the kingdom of our Lord and Christ. Which is also why it says seek ye first the kingdom of G-d and ALL THESE OTHERS will be added unto you.

As for Adam; they were already blessed with all there was, but enemy of our soul convinced her there was lack (instead of being content in whatever state, even IF it were true, which it was not), and so she sought to obtain what she thought was lacking, by placing her faith, confidence and trust in someone other than her true Source, and viola!, another "god" was born, and they broke the first commandment. (Yes, the laws were made before even man was created).

Break one, you break them all, not because He's trying to "catch us up", but rather because if a man cannot keep covenant with G-d, then he cannot keep covenant with man either, for the body can only do what it sees it's head do, and by breaking the first, you replaced THE G-d/head with another god/head, who was a murderer from the beginning, and comes to you only to kill, steal and destroy. Peace
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2016, 01:42 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,282,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Here's the thing. Mammon comes from a Hebrew word (not Greek, even in Matthew, surprise; the book was originally written in Hebrew) that runs into meanings of trust and confidence, as in whatever you put your faith, trust, or confidence in. It does NOT mean just money, for it's a spiritual principle and spiritual principles predate the things man made. Adam didn't have or need money.

What was given up in the garden by Eve, Adam's stony heart, was WHERE her trust was placed, WHO she had confidence in, and WHAT was the most valuable to her. It was an exchange of gods, which is why you cannot serve THE G-d, and mammon.

The former (serving G-d) does not automatically annul the second, because it is the Father's wish to give us the kingdom and THAT kingdom rules over all the others, ie. the kingdoms of this world have become the kingdom of our Lord and Christ. Which is also why it says seek ye first the kingdom of G-d and ALL THESE OTHERS will be added unto you.

As for Adam; they were already blessed with all there was, but enemy of our soul convinced her there was lack (instead of being content in whatever state, even IF it were true, which it was not), and so she sought to obtain what she thought was lacking, by placing her faith, confidence and trust in someone other than her true Source, and viola!, another "god" was born, and they broke the first commandment. (Yes, the laws were made before even man was created).

Break one, you break them all, not because He's trying to "catch us up", but rather because if a man cannot keep covenant with G-d, then he cannot keep covenant with man either, for the body can only do what it sees it's head do, and by breaking the first, you replaced THE G-d/head with another god/head, who was a murderer from the beginning, and comes to you only to kill, steal and destroy. Peace
In other words: Gibberish.

Old 08-14-2016, 01:50 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,968,884 times
Not having read the thread, I take it that the avoidance is to be led by an unprincipled salesman with all thew morals of a wharf rat?

Old 08-14-2016, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
In other words: Gibberish.

Now, now, Trout....I'm the same person, sharing the same principle that you (shockingly ) agreed with 2 pages back. It's just written this time in types and shadows that a person who understands such things, will "get". Peace

Old 08-14-2016, 04:33 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,282,646 times
Quote:
Now, now, Trout....I'm the same person, sharing the same principle that you (shockingly ) agreed with 2 pages back. It's just written this time in types and shadows that a person who understands such things, will "get". Peace
You spoke plainly then and your false front faded.

Now your drape yourself in that pseudo-spiritual babble you like to think means something - and it's back.

Old 08-14-2016, 04:45 PM

9,700 posts, read 10,067,141 times
The only way to avoid the wrath of God is to get saved , as Jesus said you must be born again to see the kingdom of heaven ................See people who see the kingdom of heaven will avoid God wrath .......See it is Not whether you vote for this party or that party in politics , and Jesus said give Caesar what is Caesar and give God what is Gods

Old 08-14-2016, 04:46 PM

17,164 posts, read 11,439,701 times
Quote:
Rbbi, as I understand it, there are 3 of you on this forum who speak your code. So... if you are saying those things for the people who will "get it" why not just DM them? It'd be one thing if the 3 of you were completely incapable of getting your point across to each other without bible code, but you can all speak plain English, too, as you proved in that other post. I'm sure you'll tell me I'm rebellious or whatever, but it sure comes across as "look-at-me-I'm-special".

Old 08-14-2016, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
You spoke plainly then and your false front faded.

Now your drape yourself in that pseudo-spiritual babble you like to think means something - and it's back.

No, TD, it's not a false front. It's a different "language" in a sense, and it does mean something to those that have been taught that way. Peace

Old 08-14-2016, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Rbbi, as I understand it, there are 3 of you on this forum who speak your code. So... if you are saying those things for the people who will "get it" why not just DM them? It'd be one thing if the 3 of you were completely incapable of getting your point across to each other without bible code, but you can all speak plain English, too, as you proved in that other post. I'm sure you'll tell me I'm rebellious or whatever, but it sure comes across as "look-at-me-I'm-special".

Why should I have to? And there are far more than 3 that understand it that read this board. Yeshua spoke in parables, and in layers of understanding. It's no different. Peace

Old 08-14-2016, 05:24 PM

17,164 posts, read 11,439,701 times
Quote:
Why should I have to? And there are far more than 3 that understand it that read this board. Yeshua spoke in parables, and in layers of understanding. It's no different. Peace
Nobody said you have to. You are in complete control of what you choose to do. I simply asked you why you choose to. If the few of you who understand, already know these things, then why do you feel the need to broadcast it on the forum? Why the need to speak in a code that only you few understand when it can be spoken in plain language? What purpose is serving for any of you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity