Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2016, 03:26 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,418,445 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
Kenneth Copeland is a disgusting human being.
He is not a disgusting human being...but he may get some things wrong.

Hey, I don't have to remind anyone about a finger pointing at someone
and the 3 pointing back at you...come on...
we're all grown ups here and this is not our first rodeo...
Is our life really about finger-pointing?
No.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2016, 03:29 PM

17,164 posts, read 11,410,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Oh, I see....so now it's ok if the target happens to be in some sort of leadership position, even though the Word says we are to pray for those in authority and leadership positions. Which means the root of your "agape love" is rebellion and respect of persons, which by the way, both of which go all the way back into the garden. Peace
Is it your opinion that anyone who declares themselves to be a leader or an authority should never have anything they say challenged because that is rebellion?

Old 08-13-2016, 03:34 PM

23,203 posts, read 10,489,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
He is not a disgusting human being...but he may get some things wrong.

Hey, I don't have to remind anyone about a finger pointing at someone
and the 3 pointing back at you...come on...
we're all grown ups here and this is not our first rodeo...
I would have to disagree with you in that poor Christians are sending seed money to buy this man a life of luxury.

This doesn't have anything to do with Jesus.

Those first disciples gave up houses, lively hoods and they gave up everything to raise money for the poor widows and the orphans.

They lived commonly, and imagine you saying to your husband,'' Let us sell our house and everything we own to help the poor and needy.''

But then Paul comes in and the spirit has told him that this husband and woman had given up EVERYTHING for Christ, they sold their house to feed widows and what was their award other than being found at the threshold dead?

They just held some of the money from the sale of their own house cause they KNEW of the resurrection and they were trying to obtain a better resurrection by their actions, but because they didn't give all, they were found on the threshold of the door, DEAD.

Sell all you own, sell your house and everything in it and if you hold any back, what will be your outcome?

To save your life, You must lose it.

This man and this woman, this married couple were simply not honest but look how much they had sacrificed for the widows and orphans and even they lay dead on the threshold.

You have to hate and lose your life to gain it.

Old 08-13-2016, 03:34 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,054,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Is it your opinion that anyone who declares themselves to be a leader or an authority should never have anything they say challenged because that is rebellion?

Now come on. You know exactly what I was objecting to and the hypocrisy I was pointing to, so don't even try to turn this on me. Peace

Old 08-13-2016, 03:36 PM

17,164 posts, read 11,410,437 times
Quote:
Now come on. You know exactly what I was objecting to and the hypocrisy I was pointing to, so don't even try to turn this on me. Peace
Apparently not. Because what I said is EXACTLY what it appears to me that you meant. If it's not, feel free to clarify.

Old 08-13-2016, 03:37 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,217,798 times
Quote:
Oh, I see....so now it's ok if the target happens to be in some sort of leadership position, even though the Word says we are to pray for those in authority and leadership positions.
"Dear God, please touch the heart and mind of this Copeland fellow and heal him of cruel thoughts and intentions. Because people like him are what make fundamentalist parents treat their gay children like sub-human beings. Words matter and his cause anguish for our LGBTQ brothers and sisters. So please change him and heal him. Please remind him that Jesus, your son, was poverty stricken and he taught us to love the poor, not look down our noses at them. Please give him the knowledge that we don't need him to tell us how we should vote. And please heal him him of the idiotic idea that Trump would be a good president. Thank you. Amen"

Old 08-13-2016, 03:39 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,054,329 times
You know, there is balance in all things. G-d is not at all opposed to man having great wealth. Abraham was righteous according to what he knew, according to G-d's witness, and so was Job, yet they were likely some of the richest men in their time on the face of the earth. What He is against, is great wealth having YOU. How can you be a blessing if you yourself need to be blessed? The oil must run down from the head to the feet.

The problem is when there is such a great disparity between the head and the feet, and the feet keep pouring on the head instead of the other way around. And this too, will not escape judgment. Peace

Old 08-13-2016, 03:43 PM

23,203 posts, read 10,489,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
"Dear God, please touch the heart and mind of this Copeland fellow and heal him of cruel thoughts and intentions. Because people like him are what make fundamentalist parents treat their gay children like sub-human beings. Please remind him that Jesus, your son, was poverty stricken and he taught us to love the poor, not look down our noses at them.. Please give him the knowledge that we don't need him to tell us how we should vote. And please heal him him of the idiotic idea that Trump would be a good president. Thank you. Amen"

You have proven yourself more righteous than I, at least you pray for him, it makes me ashamed.

Old 08-13-2016, 03:46 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,418,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
I would have to disagree with you in that
poor Christians are sending seed money to buy this man a life of luxury.
That's on them...I don't send any $$, do you?
He just is not my concern...not one valuable moment of my daily thought time
is spent on K. Copeland or anything he does.

Karma? He has his...I have mine.
Ok, next?....
Oh, my friend is here...xxoo

Old 08-13-2016, 03:47 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,253,358 times
Quote:
Can you feel it? That "agape love" is the air again.....
Kenny is full of LOVE--for himself...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity