Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is There A Third Testament?
Yes 3 17.65%
No 4 23.53%
Maybe there will be a third Testament later. 5 29.41%
Maybe there is a Third Testament now and Some people have it. 2 11.76%
O Hannibal! Why I outta! 5 29.41%
If somebdy had a third testament, I wished they would write it down for me. 1 5.88%
What, wait, what? 3 17.65%
Freaking flies! 2 11.76%
Isn't two Testaments enough? OMG, Don't tell me another is coming, dang the bad luck! 0 0%
Bring it Hannibal! 2 11.76%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2016, 08:34 AM

1,419 posts, read 1,053,642 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Well that's something I guess, thanks for that at least.

Accept that I see myself as the least righteous.
You're most welcome, I'm affraid that we all suffer from self-righteousness (including myself) though it can manifest in different ways.

One example I remember from you is the way you denigrated those that thought pokémon go might be occult or dangerous. It's self-righteous to think you have more spiritual insight than your mother, or other believers that recognise dangers in pokémon. You can hold a different opinion, but you crossed the line of putting other peoples opinions down intentionally and publicly. So there you go, you are a self-righteous sinner just like the rest of us, and the good news is, Jesus Christ came to save such self-righteous sinners like you and me.

God bless you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2016, 08:44 AM

17,164 posts, read 11,437,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Well that's something I guess, thanks for that at least.

Accept that I see myself as the least righteous.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanokh View Post
You're most welcome, I'm affraid that we all suffer from self-righteousness (including myself) though it can manifest in different ways.

One example I remember from you is the way you denigrated those that thought pokémon go might be occult or dangerous. It's self-righteous to think you have more spiritual insight than your mother, or other believers that recognise dangers in pokémon. You can hold a different opinion, but you crossed the line of putting other peoples opinions down intentionally and publicly. So there you go, you are a self-righteous sinner just like the rest of us, and the good news is, Jesus Christ came to save such self-righteous sinners like you and me.

God bless you
Oh boy.

I wish you could step back and actually hear how you sound, Chanokh.

Old 08-20-2016, 09:22 AM

1,419 posts, read 1,053,642 times
I don't really care alot about how you think I sound, but if you want something that really sounds amazing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBsjwKYmDOk

God bless you pleroo

Old 08-20-2016, 09:33 AM

Quote:
I don't really care alot about how you think I sound....

God bless you pleroo

Yes, the sincerity of your "God bless you" rings loud and clear.

I'm fully aware that you don't care what I think. That's why I said I wish that YOU could hear for yourself how you sound. Maybe then you would care.

Old 08-20-2016, 11:47 AM

23,272 posts, read 10,568,632 times
Quote:

God bless you

I sure didn't mean to denigrate somebody, I don't remember being rude but my mouth often says things my brain doesn't catch on to right away, Please forgive me if I have denigrated you, I will give it a better go. I really don't see me and my grandson in a Pokémon cult, but I guess I should be more considerate to those who do think it is a great evil.

Old 08-20-2016, 12:01 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,071,082 times
Quote:
I respect you brother, we may not agree on all points but I love you as a brother in Christ and I can see your spiritual insights are indeed of the Holy Spirit. Yes we indeed need to have true communion with Yeshua, we see Him in the Word through the Spirit and it fills our hearts with joy right? And that comphrehension of Christ by faith is our very life and soul, also the means through which we grow in wisdom and understanding. I know the flesh profits nothing, I know by the deeds of the Law shall no flesh be justified. I know I have received eternal life and joy and happiness for free through faith in Jesus Christ, though I justly deserved eternal damnation.

Now since I came to faith, I have really received a sense of the eternal weight of things. I don't know if you believe in eternal punishment in hell? But I do, and I believe it's Biblical. I think the only reason we are not with our Lord, but here on earth, is so others might come to faith and receive that same salvation. We are not here for ourselves, not for our own spiritual growth and understanding, that will be perfect when we will be joined with our Lord. The reason we are here on earth and not in heaven, is because others need salvation, and we are a tool in the Lords hand to preach the Gospel to all creatures. That is the thing we won't be able to do in heaven, but we can do here on earth. And that is why to me that's the only priority.

Forget about mystical and deep spiritual insights in the virgins and the lamps and Judah and Ephraim etc. It's not of much worth imo, unless it is profitable for an unbeliever that is heading for eternal damnation and needs the grace of God through faith in Yeshua. And while there is a time and place for everything, I think this forum is a place where there are so many unbelievers (like Hannibal) that do not know the very basics of the Gospel. So I think it would be a good goal to communicate the Gospel clearly so unbelievers can understand it and come to Christ for salvation, since that is what I believe we are here on earth for.

I get joy every time He shows me a new revelation, for one. It comes with the territory, Amen?

I do understand your sense of the eternal weight of things, more than you know. He has shown me things which shall shortly come to pass, and you cannot help but go on the floor on your face before a holy G-d crying out for the brethren in intercession and weeping of the Spirit.

I also understand your push to get the gospel out. I have the same push to get whole counsel of G-d out, and finish the course laid before me. We all have our purposes in this hour, for of a truth, we were born for such a time as this. Blessings to you in your walk......Peace

Old 08-20-2016, 12:14 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,071,082 times
Quote:

Do you know Jesus Christ paid the penalty for your sins? Are you born again, and did you receive the Holy Spirit?

1 Corinthians 2:13-14 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual. But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

If not, please stop hurting yourself and others pretending to understand and explain the things of the Spirit of God that you do not and cannot know.

Hannibal is born again, Chanokh......of that I am 100% sure. What he doesn't believe, is that the body (including him) was ever given the HG as it/He was given at Pentecost. I disagree with that, but it doesn't automatically translate to me that he is unsaved, just because we differ on that point.

We must remember that there are those in the body whose lot it is to bring treasures out of the snow and out of the darkness (He dwells in thick darkness). It is the Lord's doing and it is marvelous in my eyes.

Just imagine if your average Christian told someone today (had not Job already been recorded), that all the things written in the book of Job were being discussed with them by G-d NOW? Most Christians would leave nothing but a puff of smoke from their sneakers streaking away at just under the speed of light. Yet, He can and does speak of deep and seemingly complicated (though they are not complicated once He opens your eyes to the patterns) things when He so chooses.

Pretty sure neither Moses receiving the depth of the Tabernacle elaborate design and significance plus the law, nor Job receiving what he did, was in any way up to them. He speaks what He wants to, to whom He wants to. Blessings to you in your walk....Peace

Old 08-20-2016, 12:57 PM

There you go, Hannibal. Rbbi and Chanokh are both experts on YOUR standing with God. Aren't you fortunate that they are willing to discuss it with each other so they can, hopefully, come to a consensus about what God thinks about you and inform you as to your status?

Old 08-20-2016, 01:06 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,277,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
There you go, Hannibal. Rbbi and Chanokh are both experts on YOUR standing with God. Aren't you fortunate that they are willing to discuss it with each other so they can, hopefully, come to a consensus about what God thinks about you and inform you as to your status?
It would be hilarious if it wasn't so pathetic.

Old 08-20-2016, 02:18 PM

23,272 posts, read 10,568,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
I do, and so do 15.6 million others like me.
I didn't get this for like 2 days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity