Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is There A Third Testament?
Yes 3 17.65%
No 4 23.53%
Maybe there will be a third Testament later. 5 29.41%
Maybe there is a Third Testament now and Some people have it. 2 11.76%
O Hannibal! Why I outta! 5 29.41%
If somebdy had a third testament, I wished they would write it down for me. 1 5.88%
What, wait, what? 3 17.65%
Freaking flies! 2 11.76%
Isn't two Testaments enough? OMG, Don't tell me another is coming, dang the bad luck! 0 0%
Bring it Hannibal! 2 11.76%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2016, 11:33 PM

23,228 posts, read 10,513,788 times

Advertisements

I don't know what I was thinking when I made a poll about a third Testament without one of the choices being the book of Mormon, my bad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2016, 12:28 AM

63,943 posts, read 40,226,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Wow. You really had to stoop lower than usual, to turn a friend defending another friend into an opportunity to sling mud. That "agape love" working overtime isn't it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Not as much as your puffed up sense of self-importance, I'd say.
Amen! I wonder how someone gets to the point where they actually think they can almost speak for God they think they are so enlightened, Pleroo. When they are so spectacularly wrong about the Gospel of Christ and the TRUE NATURE of God revealed by Jesus, it is just mind boggling!

Old 08-21-2016, 04:31 AM

1,419 posts, read 1,051,373 times
Quote:
Hannibal is born again, Chanokh......of that I am 100% sure. What he doesn't believe, is that the body (including him) was ever given the HG as it/He was given at Pentecost. I disagree with that, but it doesn't automatically translate to me that he is unsaved, just because we differ on that point.
Seriously what makes you say Hannibal is born again? I think you are defending your friend from the very thing he needs most, conviction of sin and the urgency of salvation in Jesus Christ. He didn't confirm his sins were forgiven by Christ when I asked, on the other hand he did confirm he didn't have the Holy Spirit which is the seal which believers receive.

Ephesians 1:13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

@Hannibal I understand you are a nice guy humanly speaking, and your friends really like to stick up for you. But what I'm telling you is not to hurt you but for your own good, unless one is born again of water and of Spirit he cannot enter the Kingdom of Heaven. You won't be able to enter in on the testimonies of your friends, nor on your own good works or spiritual insights, you have to be born of the Spirit.

John 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

I really enjoyed that song how far is heaven.. but it's going to be very very far, even impossible to enter unless you are born again my friend. And there's only one Door to enter in, just like with the Ark of Noah, that door is Jesus Christ.. we enter in by repentance from sin and faith in Him, and we are sealed by the Holy Spirit when we do. I know I am not making myself popular by saying this, but I don't care much for popularity.. I care more for the true salvation of souls. God bless you

Old 08-21-2016, 08:08 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,059,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanokh View Post
Seriously what makes you say Hannibal is born again? I think you are defending your friend from the very thing he needs most, conviction of sin and the urgency of salvation in Jesus Christ. He didn't confirm his sins were forgiven by Christ when I asked, on the other hand he did confirm he didn't have the Holy Spirit which is the seal which believers receive.

Ephesians 1:13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

@Hannibal I understand you are a nice guy humanly speaking, and your friends really like to stick up for you. But what I'm telling you is not to hurt you but for your own good, unless one is born again of water and of Spirit he cannot enter the Kingdom of Heaven. You won't be able to enter in on the testimonies of your friends, nor on your own good works or spiritual insights, you have to be born of the Spirit.

John 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

I really enjoyed that song how far is heaven.. but it's going to be very very far, even impossible to enter unless you are born again my friend. And there's only one Door to enter in, just like with the Ark of Noah, that door is Jesus Christ.. we enter in by repentance from sin and faith in Him, and we are sealed by the Holy Spirit when we do. I know I am not making myself popular by saying this, but I don't care much for popularity.. I care more for the true salvation of souls. God bless you

I understand why you think that, but his not believing in the HG being for today, doesn't mean he's not saved. Peace

Old 08-21-2016, 08:13 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,059,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Amen! I wonder how someone gets to the point where they actually think they can almost speak for God they think they are so enlightened, Pleroo. When they are so spectacularly wrong about the Gospel of Christ and the TRUE NATURE of God revealed by Jesus, it is just mind boggling!

You two are just mad that you can't help but show the true nature of the god you worship, in spite of all your "agape love" proclamations to the contrary, and that you get called on it all the time. Peace

Old 08-21-2016, 09:01 AM

17,164 posts, read 11,420,964 times
Quote:
You two are just mad that you can't help but show the true nature of the god you worship, in spite of all your "agape love" proclamations to the contrary, and that you get called on it all the time. Peace
And you guys who seem to hate that God IS love, rejoice whenever it appears to you that someone who desires to honor that God in their lives, fails. What does that say about you?

Old 08-21-2016, 09:44 AM

17,164 posts, read 11,420,964 times
By the way, Rbbi. Part of what love does is PROTECT. I consider the type of religious beliefs that you and Chanokh and others here espouse, which in every way work to convince people that they are separated from God or condemned by God or worthless in the sight of God, to be extremely harmful beliefs. I have a desire to protect people from being ensnared by those beliefs, or to get free of them if they're already immersed in them. So, yes, when I speak out against your teachings and your attitude, I believe that that is love.

Old 08-21-2016, 09:53 AM

And now a word from our sponsors.

https://youtu.be/ABCDPGzjalQ

I am so tired of being a Barbra.

Old 08-21-2016, 10:00 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,239,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
And now a word from our sponsors.

https://youtu.be/ABCDPGzjalQ

I am so tired of being a Barbra.
What a creepy vid!

Poor Barbara. Being a normal kid was against the rules.

Old 08-21-2016, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
What a creepy vid!

Poor Barbara. Being a normal kid was against the rules.
Love those old Videos, it always ends up saying,'' Don't be a Barbra,'' or don't be a Mark, creepy as creepy gets.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity