Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How Much Money Should I Keep For Myself Out Of 6 Million?
Don't keep any of it Hannibal, use all of it to do charitable works 1 6.67%
Nothing wrong with keeping 100,000 for yourself Hannibal, ENJOY 1 6.67%
Just keep about 10,000 for emergency Hannibal 1 6.67%
WHY NOT KEEP A MILLION HANNIBAL? If you do good works with 5 million, aint nothing wrong with keeping a million bud! 2 13.33%
I think you should keep all of it in a bank and let it grow interest Hannibal 4 26.67%
Maybe you should give 3 million to the children's cancer unit and keep 3 million Hannibal 1 6.67%
YO, HANNI! Me and you are buds, remember? Why not throw your bud a couple stacks, wassup? 8 53.33%
Go and buy a new house with a swimming pool and buy all your family new cars and then do come charitable deeds after that 1 6.67%
I think you should go out amongst the poor people and dole out money Hanni, maybe you should start in a country where children are dying from hunger. 4 26.67%
Give ten percent Hanni, heck, give 20 percent to charity, and you are covered bro! 3 20.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2016, 02:19 PM

23,125 posts, read 10,426,638 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Hell has fireproof worms?

Now there's your investment opportunity, Hannibal.
I still say that that worm is an idiom for the seed given to people for the feast of Tabernacles.

God gives us 3 harvests by which we walk in the barley of flesh and so we die daily in the flesh but the wheat harvest is about the soul and receiving rain upon one's seed as the word of God falls on that person and then the final seed you are given is of the fruit harvest.

This third harvest is of the spirit and we are to pray for the flood that is promised on the last day of the feast of Tabernacles and this is why Zechariah says that anyone who doesn't keep the feast of Tabernacles shall have no rain. You have a seed of spirit given to you in the flesh and in the soul, and this last one is in the spirit but if you do not receive the rain of Tabernacles, then your seed does not receive the rain and that seed will never, ever die because they will never receive the rain for the final harvest and so their seed will never die, and unless a seed dies, it cannot bear fruit.

You don't get the rain for the seed of the last harvest in the fruit, then your worm will never die, and your fire will never be quenched and this is said in contrast to those who receive the rain of Tabernacles and they have been changed to pure vessels, all Holy vessels but you are not changed, your fire is not quenched even if you are allowed to live another ten thousand years as a servant to God, your seed never receives rain so that it can die and so it will never die, your fire will never be quenched in that you were not transformed as others who were, and so it is said,'' Your worm will never die.''
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2016, 02:28 PM

23,125 posts, read 10,426,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisCD View Post
Remember Joseph also stored up for a coming famine. I don't think it would be wise to just give it all away. I like the one suggestion of investing into something safe and then giving a portion from the earnings. At the end of your life you can then bequeath the rest as you see fit.

cd :O)
Makes all the sense in the world, I just couldn't see myself doing anything sensible lol, logic, wisdom, and being rational is not the things I excel at, but I do excel at being unwise, illogical, and irrational. I can't have anything in my name.

Old 09-08-2016, 02:53 PM

2,186 posts, read 1,170,668 times
None of these work. If be doing a mixture of them. Also, you will likely only end up with less than 4 million. Personally, I would bank it, then treat it as if I earned it over time. Sure, some would go to charity and family, but not big bulk sums.

Old 09-08-2016, 03:26 PM

9,688 posts, read 10,008,103 times
Give a tithe to the church and then give more to the church point were it hurts to give more . then always give until it hurts to give more to the identity of Jesus Christ ...............only then you will be blessed by God ..............If you give to other causes then to the identity of Jesus Christ then you will get your reward and Jesus does not have to bless you for that part of a charity ..........Never be proud of the wealth that you have as then you may not have any need for faith in Jesus Christ and it would be easier for a camel to go through a eye of a needle than for you to see heaven ....

Old 09-08-2016, 04:29 PM

481 posts, read 262,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
I was out walking and contemplating and while I never play the lotto, I just got a funny feeling that gave me a grin and I decided to get a ticket and when I saw the numbers, I knew right away that I was really going to win. I used to be one of those numbers freak that saw patterns in numbers and colors all day but I stopped doing that a couple years back but when I had seen the Lotto numbers that the quick pick gave me, I KNEW it was going to win.

The problem being, what do I do with that much money?

Let's say that after I pay taxes I will have 6,050,000 left over and I figure to pay debts of maybe 50 thousand and so I am left debt free, own the house, and no debt. I have an humble job, an humble car, and an humble house.

Obviously a Christian with that much blessing is going to do great charitable works, but how much of it should I take just for myself?

Is 100,000 too selfish?

There is a story of one of the disciples who went into a kingdom and converted a king, and the king saw him as the wisest person there ever was and looked on him like he was a Joseph who had come into Egypt and made co-ruler of the land.

This king like many kings was a very wealthy king and he decided to put all his treasury in the hands of this disciple and he bid the disciple to build him the greatest kingdom he could have because he trusted the disciple. Many months past and the king brought him up to the court to see how the building was coming and the king asked the disciple what he had been doing, and the disciple told the king that he had built him one of the greatest kingdoms any man could have ever built, but the disciple had taken the king's money and he fed the poor and helped the widows and he told the king that he had purchased the greatest kingdom for the king that the king could imagine, a kingdom in heaven by doing good works for the needy.

How much money should I keep for myself when I have been handed 6 million dollars?
Buy the Maldives and retire. Or Mexico and give it to Trump. Buy Trump and give him to Mexico. or, buy Hillary, but you will have about 7.5 mill or more left over.

Or, explain how this is to do with Christianity...Satan controls who wins the lotto's.

Last edited by Marakorpa; 09-08-2016 at 04:31 PM.. Reason: extra stuff

Old 09-08-2016, 06:20 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,168,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marakorpa View Post
Buy the Maldives and retire. Or Mexico and give it to Trump. Buy Trump and give him to Mexico. or, buy Hillary, but you will have about 7.5 mill or more left over.

Or, explain how this is to do with Christianity...Satan controls who wins the lotto's.
Spoken like a true, uneducated, superstitious JW.

Old 09-08-2016, 07:12 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,180,832 times
Do with it what you want. If you want to give it to God....do it. If not....then don't.

But let me get you my paypal acct...

Old 09-08-2016, 07:39 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,157,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marakorpa View Post
Satan controls who wins the lotto's.
Question: If someone doesn't want a knock on the door interrupting lunch....will a lotto ticket taped to the front door act like kryptonite?

Last edited by DewDropInn; 09-08-2016 at 08:19 PM..

Old 09-08-2016, 10:21 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,344,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Question: If someone doesn't want a knock on the door interrupting lunch....will a lotto ticket taped to the front door act like kryptonite?
ROTFLMAO
KRYPTONITE!

Old 09-08-2016, 10:31 PM

1,156 posts, read 940,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Keep it all and put it into something that pays good interest, and give to charity out of some of the interest.

If you had 6 million dollars earning 5% interest, that would give you 300,000 dollars a year, every year. Even after taxes you can do a lot of charity giving that way, and still have plenty to live on without ever touching the principal.
5% interest would be pretty sweet. Where can I find that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity