Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How Much Money Should I Keep For Myself Out Of 6 Million?
Don't keep any of it Hannibal, use all of it to do charitable works 1 6.67%
Nothing wrong with keeping 100,000 for yourself Hannibal, ENJOY 1 6.67%
Just keep about 10,000 for emergency Hannibal 1 6.67%
WHY NOT KEEP A MILLION HANNIBAL? If you do good works with 5 million, aint nothing wrong with keeping a million bud! 2 13.33%
I think you should keep all of it in a bank and let it grow interest Hannibal 4 26.67%
Maybe you should give 3 million to the children's cancer unit and keep 3 million Hannibal 1 6.67%
YO, HANNI! Me and you are buds, remember? Why not throw your bud a couple stacks, wassup? 8 53.33%
Go and buy a new house with a swimming pool and buy all your family new cars and then do come charitable deeds after that 1 6.67%
I think you should go out amongst the poor people and dole out money Hanni, maybe you should start in a country where children are dying from hunger. 4 26.67%
Give ten percent Hanni, heck, give 20 percent to charity, and you are covered bro! 3 20.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2016, 01:53 PM

23,157 posts, read 10,449,759 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
As a former JW I would like to say that this behavior is not typical of what I saw from other witnesses.

Edit: Am I mistaken or have the winning numbers not yet been announced?

You need the winning numbers?

No, I didn't actually win, that's why Chanohk say I am going to hell fire for lying, the filthy beast of a liar I am, however I did buy the ticket and those were my numbers but like I said,'' I just wrote a silly thread wondering what people would do, or what should be done if you suddenly became wealthy.''

I do have your numbers but I should warn you, it will change your life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2016, 04:48 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,398,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
I have found often the case where when you give people money, they no longer look at you the same ESPECIALLY when you turn around and give somebody else money and they see it. For some reason people no longer respect you after you give them money. When I was young and wealthy I gave everyone money and the more you give, the more you push people away it seems. Anyone who spent anytime in jail would for sure testify to this fact. You give somebody a ramen noodle soup and the next day you give somebody else a soup, the first one looks at you as if you just cut his throat. People will get this mentality so strong that after you take them in and feed them, you are somehow responsible for everything they do. They will go into your wallet after they rationalize things in their own mind in how things should be. Money does terrible things to people. I grew up extremely wealthy and I saw a lot of this with a lot of people. Our family were never happy until the day we lost all our money. It was hard at first but when you really have to struggle to make ends meet is when you are actually proud of yourself and growing up as a severely spoiled child, I didn't know what life was about till I was about 26, 27 maybe.

I was never so happy as when I worked and paid for my own car and it was a piece of crap but it was better than the Cadillacs, and cougars, and brand new cars my father bought us.

It was as if we had been asleep for years and years and we were suddenly awakened.
That can be true of some. I grew up poor and now make decent money. When I give money to someone in need I require that they tell no one. This is in harmony with Jesus' words about when giving gifts of mercy, do not let your right hand know what your left is doing. Such gifts are to be done in secret or no reward from God just man. Man has nothing to give me equal to God.

Old 09-10-2016, 06:06 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,511,041 times
First you put it in a safety box, get a good financial lawyer you trust, and then weigh all your options.

Or you could give it all away to charity and that would last you about a year.

Old 09-10-2016, 06:24 PM

23,157 posts, read 10,449,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
That can be true of some. I grew up poor and now make decent money. When I give money to someone in need I require that they tell no one. This is in harmony with Jesus' words about when giving gifts of mercy, do not let your right hand know what your left is doing. Such gifts are to be done in secret or no reward from God just man. Man has nothing to give me equal to God.
Your right hand is the flesh, your right eye sees the desires it sees and your right hand reaches out to take it, and it would be better if God would come and put out your right eye and wither your right hand so you will no longer see in the flesh, but in the spirit.

If you don't tell your right hand what your left is doing, it means that you are not glorifying yourself in the flesh.

If Da Vinci paints a woman where you can see her hands acting in accordance with each other, it's an evil woman, but if you see a woman Da Vinci paints where you can't see her hands, it's because she is a righteous woman and she doesn't let the right hand glorify in what she does and Da Vinci will give you her left eye.

If Da Vinci situates her in a way that her right eye is given, then it is an evil woman, and if she is facing another direction that gives you her left eye, then she is a righteous woman. Your eyes tell who you are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity