Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2016, 12:37 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,244,899 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
From the OP...

My two cents...

You can have whatever tendencies you want.

Homosexual activity does not please God.

Unbelievers don't care.

Believers should care.

If we desire to please God, abstain from sexual immorality - whether it is homo or hetero. I say this understanding that it is not easy, and some may never overcome this. Ultimately it is not about pleasing people, but pleasing God. And if you desire to please God with your whole being, you can have victory over sexual immorality. This does not mean your tendencies will change - but you can live above those tendencies. No one is forcing anyone to choose. Make up your own mind about how you will live for God.
I'm a believer..and the God I know DOES NOT CARE...

Th e God I know DOES CARE about the HOMELESS.
The HUNGRY.
THE SICK.
HE ABANDONED.
THE PRISONER.
THE MARGINALIZED..

Your immorality is not my immorality and it CERTAINLY is not the morality of the God I know.

What pray tell is your definition or immorality?
SHOPPING ON SUNDAY?
DIVORCE?
WORKING ON THE SABBATH?
EATING SHELLFISH?
TOUCHING A PIG?
SELLING YOUR DAUGHTER INTO SLAVERY?

SLAVERY?

BIGOTRY?

HATE?

OPPRESSION?

REVENGE?

JEALOUSY?

BLENDED FABRIC?

MEN WIH LONG HAIR?

WOMEN WITH SHORT HAIR?

TATTOOS?

GENOCIDE?

DISCRIMINATION?

Feel free to share a few of your own...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wB9YIsKIEbA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2016, 12:46 PM

4,217 posts, read 2,788,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Homosexual "lifestyle" is a relic of the 1980s when the LGBT population were defending themselves as living an "alternative lifestyle." Today we know much more about homosexuality than we did back then, but the evangelical right is still clinging to that old terminology. The reason? If it's a lifestyle its a choice, and all a gay person has to do is stop living the lifestyle. Trying to convince evangelicals otherwise is nearly impossible.

Unfortunately, it was the early LGBT rights movement in the 1970s and 1980s that gave evangelicals such as Jerry Fallwell and Pat Robertson a lot of the ammunition they are still using against them. Even though referring to it as a lifestyle was more palatable at the time, it should have never been implied that homosexuality is something people choose.
They may not choose their feelings but they choose to act on them just as anyone who chooses to steal or lie or any number of choices one can make.

Old 09-27-2016, 12:46 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,418,048 times
Quote:
From the OP...

My two cents...

Unbelievers don't care.

Believers should care.

If we desire to please God, abstain from sexual immorality - whether it is homo or hetero. I say this understanding that it is not easy, and some may never overcome this. Ultimately it is not about pleasing people, but pleasing God. And if you desire to please God with your whole being, you can have victory over sexual immorality. This does not mean your tendencies will change - but you can live above those tendencies. No one is forcing anyone to choose. Make up your own mind about how you will live for God.
You are correct. It is a choice and no one is forced to by "Love". Especially since Loving God comes ahead of loving anyone else and always leads to the best life. Ignoring Him does not.

Old 09-27-2016, 01:00 PM

45,610 posts, read 27,230,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
I'm a believer..
Unless something has changed - based on our prior conversations, I stopped right there.

Old 09-27-2016, 02:56 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,933,489 times
Quote:
From the OP...

My two cents...

Unbelievers don't care.

Believers should care.

Not demonstrated, and no reason for this perception is given. Every reference used indicates that it is profligacy that is not pleasing to God, simply because it is ultimately harmful to the participants. No such harm has been demonstrated in committed same sex relationships.

Old 09-27-2016, 03:13 PM

63,867 posts, read 40,149,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Not demonstrated, and no reason for this perception is given. Every reference used indicates that it is profligacy that is not pleasing to God, simply because it is ultimately harmful to the participants. No such harm has been demonstrated in committed same sex relationships.

Old 09-27-2016, 04:27 PM

4,432 posts, read 6,988,498 times
I would have to say that if a person identified as gay is not engaging in sexual activity, or having lustful thoughts it is not a sin.

Even so homosexual activity is a form of idolatry as described in Romans 1. It’s the idea that we can make an image of God to worship that is not actually God. Sex was designed to bring the two “image bearers of God” together in echad. Together as one. Just as God is one.

Old 09-27-2016, 07:20 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,933,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by other99 View Post
I would have to say that if a person identified as gay is not engaging in sexual activity, or having lustful thoughts it is not a sin.

Even so homosexual activity is a form of idolatry as described in Romans 1. It’s the idea that we can make an image of God to worship that is not actually God. Sex was designed to bring the two “image bearers of God” together in echad. Together as one. Just as God is one.
What is described by Romans 1 is profligacy and hedonism. That has nothing to do with a committed relationship expressed in love.

Old 09-27-2016, 07:36 PM

6,844 posts, read 2,850,808 times
What I've come to understand, after a lot of prayer, thought and careful study is that more than anything else, God looks at our hearts. For a Christian, having a relationship centered in Christ is not sinful, regardless of orientation. For many, sex seems to be the primary issue, but that isn't what makes a committed relationship. One of the desires of my heart is to know what it's like to fall in love before I die. I don't believe this is unreasonable.

Old 09-27-2016, 08:27 PM

4,432 posts, read 6,988,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
What is described by Romans 1 is profligacy and hedonism. That has nothing to do with a committed relationship expressed in love.
Sexuality is God's idea, and we should learn from God what it is. It's a man and a woman created in beautifully complementary ways so that they form one flesh. And to try to do it another way is a distortion. It's a corruption. It's a dysfunction of the way God made it.

If God condoned homosexuality even in the nature of two committed same sex couples then he would refer to when two men or two women join together to form one flesh.

As far as I concerned I done with this thread. What you choose to do, God will judge, just as he will judge me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity