Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2016, 06:24 PM

5,189 posts, read 5,341,083 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Claiming that God did not create man and we evolved from primates is extremely radical belief for a Christian. She would be hard pressed to find ANY Christian denomination that agrees with her. All I see are high fives and "love" for those who champion homosexuality and bitterness for those who believe in the Bible.

Man, how sad and warped our society has become.
Evolution actually happens. That this fact threatens your faith is immaterial. And, as has been explained to you, humans are primates.

We know evolution occurs. Whether or not gods exist or created life is beyond what any human knows. It may be the case.

There is absolutely no reason why a person cannot believe in creation and also accept the fact that evolution really happens. One in no way precludes the other, nor is one belief a threat to the other.

And yes, many, many Christians are aware of evolution and don't reject it. And it doesn't diminish their faith. There's no reason why it should.

We know and understand so much more than the ancients in many ways. Perhaps we've lost other kinds of knowledge in the process, but knowing how and why eclipses happen, or volcanoes, or crop failures, knowing how vast the universe is and that the Earth isn't at its center, understanding more about biology, diseases, etc.--all of these are good things. They haven't destroyed humanity or faith. I think that's a testament to the benefits of curiosity, knowledge, the natural world AND the world of the spirit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2016, 06:51 PM

1,478 posts, read 789,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
Ok, cool. So lesbians such as myself are off the hook, so to speak.
Women dating women or marrying women are the same as men dating men or marrying men.

I'm not really invested into your sexual and romantic life. That is yours. I worry about my own sins really. I have the same attitude towards men that commit adultery or punch their wives in the face or adult male pedophiles. I have my own sins to worry about.

Quote:
No one has said that. God commands far more than we simply be nice to one another. He demands love. If you confuse love with simply being nice, that is very sad.
God does command love. That includes for the pedophile and homophobic Nazi prison gang member. God commands I love them all including any Klan men that might lynch me one day.

There are different kinds of loves in Christianity and used (per particular words) in the Bible. One can google those different kinds up.

But love does not mean I am required to justify stonning women to death for those that stone women to death, or justify any slew of sins from envy to adultery to female on female oral sex.

[quote]
Because killing your enemy is not loving your enemy. You also place your life above his, which is also wrong.
Quote:
Because using sex in that way cheapens a beautiful gift.
That's according to you. But as biology courses in college taught me an organism having sex with multiple partners and imptegnating them, passing on his genes, is "survival of the fittest."

"Fitness" in biology in the Theory of Evolution has to meanings.

1) The aggregate amount of type of genes in a populations genetic pool.

2) An organism that produces more offspring than another.

Quote:
You speak of God, but noticeably absent is the unconditional love of Christ.
I hope I love Christ. I don't always follow his commands and therefore commit sins (e.g., premarital sex, homosexual sex, lust in my heart etc.) and so it for God to judge as to how greatly or little I love Him, the Trinity.

I try having faith in God. That includes having faith that I should not have premarital sex, not even with one woman, until I were to marry a woman.

Old 09-28-2016, 08:37 PM

6,844 posts, read 2,851,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Geekigirl may expound the virtues of Christianity, but her beliefs are a radical non-Biblical based faith that has very little resemblance to what most Christians believes.
This is a lie. I have stated my love of the Bible repeatedly throughout my time here.

Quote:
She has told me that she doesn't even believe God created man. We evolved from primates.
Partial lie. But still a lie. I believe God created ALL things, including mankind. I never stated that we evolved from primates. We ARE primates.

Quote:
Homosexuality is good
I have never ever stated this, that's a lie. I've stated that homosexuality is an orientation. I've stated that it's neither good nor bad. Repeatedly.

Quote:
and I'm not even sure she even believes in death and resurrection of Christ since
I've already stated that I do believe in the death and resurrection of Christ. Multiple times.

Quote:
I see she mocked the impregnation of Mary in another thread.
That's a LIE. I said it was hard to wrap your head around. I absolutely DID NOT mock the virgin birth of Christ. I take it on faith, but it is something hard to wrap your head around intellectually.

Also, I never once said atheists are better than Christians. I said some, the ones I've gotten to know on a relational level are more loving than SOME Christians

You can say all you want about me, Jeff. I don't care, but don't EVER lie about me. How dare you?

Your entire post is nothing but lies. Why Jeff? I demand an answer.

Old 09-28-2016, 08:56 PM

6,844 posts, read 2,851,365 times
I don't think you'll ever realize how much you've hurt me Jeff. I've tried to be respectful and as loving as as possible, I admit I've failed at times. But I have never once lied about you. I've never attacked you in the way you have me. All through the New Testament I see examples of Jesus, and late the apostles breaking down walls of seperation and loving all people of all beliefs. Even if they disagreed. I've tried to do that here. I don't deserve this. If I've offended you I'm sorry. Please stop. Stop lying about me. Stop mischaracterizing my statements.

Old 09-28-2016, 09:31 PM

5,189 posts, read 5,341,083 times
Quote:
I don't think you'll ever realize how much you've hurt me Jeff. I've tried to be respectful and as loving as as possible, I admit I've failed at times. But I have never once lied about you. I've never attacked you in the way you have me. All through the New Testament I see examples of Jesus, and late the apostles breaking down walls of seperation and loving all people of all beliefs. Even if they disagreed. I've tried to do that here. I don't deserve this. If I've offended you I'm sorry. Please stop. Stop lying about me. Stop mischaracterizing my statements.
Don't worry about him. His faith is built on sand. It's all fear, guilt, wrath. He is a blatant liar and hypocrite. Next, mark my words, he'll be on to whine about how he's being persecuted and I am insulting him, even though he clearly DOES lie and present hypocrisy here, endlessly.

He couldn't care less about Jesus's message of love and forgiveness. For jeff, ignorance is something to be prideful of, and obviously it is more fun for him to condemn and espouse bigotry, lie about others and twist their words. He lacks heart and understanding.

If Jesus were to come back to the world and saw people like jeff claiming to represent him, he'd never stop vomiting.

*Cue for jeff to complain about how I hate god, hate him, my post is garbage, yadda, yadda...

Old 09-28-2016, 09:32 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,213,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
I think you need to get out more.

The world is a lot bigger than rural Mississippi.

Old 09-28-2016, 09:36 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,213,996 times
Quote:
You are learning what we old timers have long learned: jeff is deeply, deeply, DEEPLY invested in his martyr mantle.

He interprets everything save groveling congratulations as a personal insult.

It's quite amazing until you see it in action 3,287 times.

Give or take a few hundred.

Old 09-28-2016, 09:39 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,934,911 times
Quote:
jeffbase40 is one of those people who are seriously mistaken about what they need to live in the love of God and man, That he is not willing to look at this is just another level of loss of way.

I'm sorry, I know it hurts, especially when you have had to work so hard to overcome such attitudes that had actually been implanted in YOU....but you DID it....don't lose it.

Old 09-28-2016, 10:17 PM

6,798 posts, read 2,920,125 times
Is there any chance that a heterosexual would describe their 'lifestyle' to us? Is there any chance that a homosexual would describe their 'lifestyle' to us?

In this way we can compare and contrast the differences between the two or, indeed, determine whether or not either one is a 'lifestyle' at all.

Jeff, Vizio, Frogburn, Twin ...would you describe your 'lifestyle' to us?

Old 09-28-2016, 11:02 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,503,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
Is there any chance that a heterosexual would describe their 'lifestyle' to us? Is there any chance that a homosexual would describe their 'lifestyle' to us?

In this way we can compare and contrast the differences between the two or, indeed, determine whether or not either one is a 'lifestyle' at all.

Jeff, Vizio, Frogburn, Twin ...would you describe your 'lifestyle' to us?
Moral per God's Word the Holy Bible between a male and a female.
"That is why a man leaves his father and mother and is united to his wife, and they become one flesh."

"Marriage should be honored by all, and the marriage bed kept pure, for God will judge the adulterer and all the sexually immoral."
Marriage: A man being united to his wife = the only God pleasing lifestyle between the two choices in your demand question.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity