Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2016, 03:05 PM

1,227 posts, read 637,991 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
New Study Finds Homosexuality to be a Mental Illness – The News Spike

So there you have it, a LIFESTYLE and MENTAL ILLNESS all in one.
The only thing funnier than satire are the people who fail to understand it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2016, 03:21 PM

10,099 posts, read 5,766,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
You sure do enjoy bringing incest into as many threads as possible.
Irrelevant and weak sauce.

Old 09-29-2016, 03:31 PM

21,087 posts, read 29,312,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
I'm sure I sin every day. But I at least strive to not sin. Same sex marriage is a public declaration that you intend to continue living against God's will on a daily basis.
You are sure? How can you NOT know for a fact if you "sin?"

How do you repent 24/7 if you are unaware of your short-comings and transgressions??? Would you be willing to share how you "might" maybe sin on a daily basis?

Old 09-29-2016, 03:35 PM

Quote:
People engaged in incest would make the same claim.
Is that what Lot's daughter used as a defense? OH wait, the OT god never addressed their sexing their dad...

Old 09-29-2016, 06:31 PM

6,826 posts, read 2,951,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28
ALL this is YOUR opinion. It is not necessarily the thinking of other people.

You cannot and have NO RIGHT forcing your OPINION on others as a statement of FACT...

Your SIN is not the same as someone else.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40
It's not my opinion. It's the Word of God.

"In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error. "

Romans 1:27

That verse is PLAIN AS DAY.
If it was PLAIN AS DAY to YOU, Jeff, you would do the right thing and tie that verse in with the previous verses because you're an honest person ...right?

You would also not equate Paul's epistles with God because that would be blasphemy ...right?

Quote:
Tie it to temple prostitution all you want.
Other than YOUR deceptive private interpretation, there's no private interpretation going on here, Jeff. Read the whole thing. It's your buddy Paul that is tying verses 26-27 with the previous verses that describe idolatry and temple prostitution.

Quote:
It doesn't change what the verse says.
You're right. It doesn't. Verses 26 & 27 are a continuation of the previous verses that describe idolatry practices.

Quote:
Men abandoned natural relations with women. That means same sex relations is unnatural.
That's Paul's coy way of saying that men were performing sex with temple prostitutes. Would you have preferred that he was more graphic? You appear to have little grasp of "Bible-talk", Jeff.

I wonder, Jeff ...if Paul were to appear right now in the year 2016, how many things would he find 'unnatural', do you think?

Quote:
If God approved of it, He would not have talked about it defiled and destroying other nations in the OT.
Huh?

Quote:
What are the sins you are living with? Tell us how you have overcome your sins and no longer SIN the same sins?

If Christ indeed has forgiven you (or others)O why do we need to continually ask forgiveness once we have accept the LOVE of Christ?
Quote:
My personal life is not the topic here. Nice try baiting me though.
Why not? You spend most of your time here involving yourself in the personal lives of others. Why should YOUR sinful life be off-limits?

Quote:
Is this not BLASPHEMY to continually SIN and repeatedly ask forgiveness? Are we not MADE NEW IN CHRIST and LOVE cast out ALL SIN?

If the OLD NATURE/SELF is sinful, is the NEW NATURE/SELF sinless?
Quote:
If you are made new in Christ, you shouldn't want to sin. And when you do, you feel ashamed for failing God. Sin sets up a barrier between us and God so at the very least, you are allowed your relationship to wither and be choked from growing.
I'll respond to that piece of rhetoric with a

Old 09-29-2016, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maiden_fern
That was an awful example to use, wouldn't Jesus know that humans can't stop sinning? When did you stop sinning, Jeff?
Quote:
That's a ridiculous position.
Why so? You point the finger at gay people for 'sinning' constantly and often use that quote from Jesus to back yourself up. When did you become immune to having that text leveled at you? Was it when you stopped sinning?

Quote:
So we should embrace sin because we are not able to 100% avoid sin like Christ?
It's little wonder that you haven't choked before now on that word "sin", Jeff, because you utter it so often. Straight people sin. Gay people sin. I sin. You sin. Everyone sins. Moreover, we will continue to sin until the day we die. There are NONE OF US that have heeded the words of Jesus, "Go and sin no more" . . .NOT ONE!

So . . .why do you have a specific ax to grind with the perceived sins of gay people, Jeff? Is it because of the kinds of sex you imagine them to be having when in private? Is THIS the perceived 'sin' you believe they're committing?

Please be specific, Jeff, as to what the 'gay sin' actually is . . .

Quote:
Jesus would have to told her to go enjoy prostituting some more, my dear since it's hopeless for you to stop. And that would be a sickening perversion of Christ's message.
Such nonsense. Jesus would have known that his words were impossible for a human being to obey. I believe that Jesus' statement was more a tongue-in-cheek remark in the same vein as "Where are your accusers?"

There is much reading between the lines of Jesus' statements that many Christians have not yet learned to grasp.

Old 09-29-2016, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN
But Homosexuality was considered and a mental illness, until about 1973 and it wasnt until the late 80's in which removed from the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders.
Quote:
Yeah just about the same time that the gay movement gain political power. I can't imagine anyone would dare publish a study that remotely criticizes homosexuality in any shape or form now. The media would rip them apart.
Hmmm . . .how interesting. It would seem that homosexuality being referred to as a mental illness is still a (cherished) belief of many Christians. So, such Christians can add, "They're sick" to the already perceived and condemned 'perverse life style' of the gay person.

So, if true, then homosexuals have a mental problem that was not asked for and something that is also beyond their control to rectify.

What, then, should we as Christians do to help these people who are 'that way' through no fault of their own?

Well, let' see.

I know. . .we'll do the very same thing that we do now! We will ostracize them! We will demonize them! WE will tell them repeatedly that they are sinners and deserving of hell-fire! THAT'S the way Christians deal with mentally ill people! We treat them with the contempt that they deserve! We, as 'God's favored ones', much prefer to shoot our wounded and broken brethren than to try and understand them!

Folks, whichever way one looks at this topic, let's face it ...so many professed "Christians" are little more than cruel, insensitive bast-a-ds!"

Old 09-29-2016, 07:51 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,452,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Love is the greatest virtue; it's free from bias or any injustice.

It’s the only aspect of life to which we can participate.
Everything else consists of pride and arrogance.
Quote:
Love in any context, shape or form is not always a good virtue.
Ever heard of Stockholm syndrome?

That's an example of love occurring and being a really bad thing.
Is that what you call love - being held captive?
Or, is it a coping mechanism to subdue fear?

Old 09-29-2016, 07:58 PM

Quote:
It's not my opinion. It's the Word of God.

"In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error. "

Romans 1:27

That verse is PLAIN AS DAY. Tie it to temple prostitution all you want. It doesn't change what the verse says. Men abandoned natural relations with women. That means same sex relations is unnatural. If God approved of it, He would not have talked about it defiled and destroying other nations in the OT.

My personal life is not the topic here. Nice try baiting me though.

If you are made new in Christ, you shouldn't want to sin. And when you do, you feel ashamed for failing God. Sin sets up a barrier between us and God so at the very least, you are allowed your relationship to wither and be choked from growing.

Yet YOU are all up in EVERYONE else's sin???????

And yet YOU continue to sin on a daily basis, watz up wit dat?

Old 09-29-2016, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV
Is there any chance that a heterosexual would describe their 'lifestyle' to us? Is there any chance that a homosexual would describe their 'lifestyle' to us?

In this way we can compare and contrast the differences between the two or, indeed, determine whether or not either one is a 'lifestyle' at all.

Jeff, Vizio, Frogburn, Twin ...would you describe your 'lifestyle' to us?
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
You've seen it. Prolly too many times haha, but I'll go again.
Thanks geekigurl. You're the only one that volunteered a description of their particular lifestyle. Twin just offered Bible texts to describe his 'lifestyle'.

While I'm certainly not a 'fruit inspector' I couldn't get a whole lot of 'sin' from your description. It seems to me like you're not even trying ...!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity