Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2016, 05:41 AM

21,087 posts, read 29,309,695 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogburn View Post
My sympathies are with Orthodoxy Christianity. Namely the Coptic Orthodox. Orthodoxy is a mystical religion and not a rational philosophy. So, I don't claim a doctrine of premarital sex, adultery, homosexuality, and being a drunkard are sins, is rational. Kind of like impreganating 7 women and taking care of none of the children or women as a "dead beat dad" is an amoral issue in the science of biology and in fact is recognized as a man being more "fit" (survival of the fittest) than a man that produces no offspring (e.g., a Catholic priest or a homosexual man in a gay marriage). What I say is that I accept the authority of my Lord Christ and even if I don't understand why something is wrong (e.g., premarital sex with 100 different women, orgies, letting a gay man perform oral sex on you, murdering your enemy who set fire to your house) I I try to just accept what God says.

Bye.
So premarital sex with one woman is acceptable?

How about a straight man performing oral sex on you?

How about killing the person whop killed your child?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2016, 06:48 AM

6,844 posts, read 2,862,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
Is there any chance that a heterosexual would describe their 'lifestyle' to us? Is there any chance that a homosexual would describe their 'lifestyle' to us?

In this way we can compare and contrast the differences between the two or, indeed, determine whether or not either one is a 'lifestyle' at all.

Jeff, Vizio, Frogburn, Twin ...would you describe your 'lifestyle' to us?
You've seen it. Prolly too many times haha, but I'll go again.

Quote:
My "conduct"; also known as my "behavior or my "lifestyle"

I spend a lot of time with my computer, because that is one of my passions. It's the only thing I'm really good at.

I tend to stay up late because I'm a night owl.

I also spend a lot of time with friends, I go to church, which I love very much, and attend a women's study/prayer group once a week, which I also very much enjoy.

I talk to friends on various social media platforms, because I love my friends. I pray often.

That's really all I do, aside from eating, sleeping, showering and other things. The other things, just to calm your fears involve waste removal, and I'm not going into detail about it.

If you're concerned about "what I do in bed", quite frankly, that's none of your business. But for full disclosure, I'll tell you, please forgive the next sentence for being gratuitously graphic:
It's a bed, I sleep there.

So that's my "conduct." My "behavior." My "lifestyle."

Old 09-29-2016, 08:16 AM

10,098 posts, read 5,766,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Love is the greatest virtue; it's free from bias or any injustice.
It’s the only aspect of life to which we can participate.
Everything else consists of pride and arrogance.
Love in any context, shape or form is not always a good virtue. Ever heard of Stockholm syndrome? That's an example of love occurring and being a really bad thing.

Old 09-29-2016, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffis View Post
Don't worry about him. His faith is built on sand. It's all fear, guilt, wrath. He is a blatant liar and hypocrite. Next, mark my words, he'll be on to whine about how he's being persecuted and I am insulting him, even though he clearly DOES lie and present hypocrisy here, endlessly.

He couldn't care less about Jesus's message of love and forgiveness. For jeff, ignorance is something to be prideful of, and obviously it is more fun for him to condemn and espouse bigotry, lie about others and twist their words. He lacks heart and understanding.

If Jesus were to come back to the world and saw people like jeff claiming to represent him, he'd never stop vomiting.

*Cue for jeff to complain about how I hate god, hate him, my post is garbage, yadda, yadda...
Well your post is garbage. Why should I take spiritual advice from an anti-Christian?

Old 09-29-2016, 08:48 AM

15,944 posts, read 6,392,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Love in any context, shape or form is not always a good virtue. Ever heard of Stockholm syndrome? That's an example of love occurring and being a really bad thing.
Would you be willing to discuss Stockholm syndrome Jeff? I have seen it applied to many types of abusive relationships including the abusive religion I grew up in. I see it as more of a survival adaptation than love.

Love and Stockholm Syndrome

Old 09-29-2016, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
I don't think you'll ever realize how much you've hurt me Jeff. I've tried to be respectful and as loving as as possible, I admit I've failed at times. But I have never once lied about you. I've never attacked you in the way you have me. All through the New Testament I see examples of Jesus, and late the apostles breaking down walls of seperation and loving all people of all beliefs. Even if they disagreed. I've tried to do that here. I don't deserve this. If I've offended you I'm sorry. Please stop. Stop lying about me. Stop mischaracterizing my statements.
Geekigurl, I have not intentionally lied about you. My statements are 100% what I thought where your beliefs. If I am wrong, I apologize. Here is the issue where we can't agree. You seem to think love the person means accepting the sin. I believe you can separate the two. I believe that is exactly what Jesus did. Jesus loved the prostitute but He also told her to go and sin no more. By stating my beliefs on homosexuality, you take it very personal even though it is not my intent or desire to attack you as a person.

God created you. You are an unique creation like no one else and precious to Him. It is wonderful that you have a relationship with Him and seek to love other people. However, I still believe you engage in a damaging lifestyle. I don't want to stand before God on judgement day and be asked why did I keep my mouth shut and let people walk into a destructive lifestyle and then my answer be that I didn't want to offend society.

Old 09-29-2016, 09:01 AM

7,801 posts, read 6,393,951 times
^ The issue is that when you are asked to show what is damaging about it, you can not. When you are asked to establish why we should view it as immoral, you can not.

So instead we have this invention of the word "sin" which is used to label the things you WANT to be considered wrong or immoral.... so you can judge them..... despite not having a single shred of a coherent basis TO think they are wrong or immoral.

Because that is all "sin" seems to mean the way you use it. It means "Things I want to call bad or wrong but for which I have no coherent reasons to offer that it is bad or wrong".

In other words "sin" appears to simply mean "My biases".

Quote:
Which is why I often point out the parallels between some Christian Teaching and Stolkholm syndrome. Because it is NOT a good thing. And one only need watch someone like Debroah-13 crying in self hatred and self shame to see why.

Old 09-29-2016, 09:12 AM

21,087 posts, read 29,309,695 times
Quote:
Geekigurl, I have not intentionally lied about you. My statements are 100% what I thought where your beliefs. If I am wrong, I apologize. Here is the issue where we can't agree. You seem to think love the person means accepting the sin. I believe you can separate the two. I believe that is exactly what Jesus did. Jesus loved the prostitute but He also told her to go and sin no more. By stating my beliefs on homosexuality, you take it very personal even though it is not my intent or desire to attack you as a person.

God created you. You are an unique creation like no one else and precious to Him. It is wonderful that you have a relationship with Him and seek to love other people. However, I still believe you engage in a damaging lifestyle. I don't want to stand before God on judgement day and be asked why did I keep my mouth shut and let people walk into a destructive lifestyle and then my answer be that I didn't want to offend society.
ALL this is YOUR opinion. It is not necessarily the thinking of other people.

You cannot and have NO RIGHT forcing your OPINION on others as a statement of FACT...

Your SIN is not the same as someone else..

What are the sins you are living with? Tell us how you have overcome your sins and no longer SIN teh same sins?

If Christ indeed has forgiven you (or others)O why do we need to continually ask forgiveness once we have accept the LOVE of Christ?

Is this not BLASPHEMY to continually SIN and repeatedly ask forgiveness? Are we not MADE NEW IN CHRIST and LOVE cast out ALL SIN?

If the OLD NATURE/SELF is sinful, is the NEW NATURE/SELF sinless?

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!

God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.

We are no longer bound by any LAW, we are freed by the redemptive work of CHRIST!

Old 09-29-2016, 09:16 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,967,711 times
Quote:
.... I don't want to stand before God on judgement day and be asked why did I keep my mouth shut and let people walk into a destructive lifestyle and then my answer be that I didn't want to offend society.
Well, when it comes up that you opened your mouth for no good reason and hurt real people without good cause, try "Ididn't know what I was doing," but DON'T add, "Nobody told me."

Old 09-29-2016, 09:19 AM

15,944 posts, read 6,392,659 times
If I believed in judgement day I would stand with you Geek...in the meantime have some apostate lifestyle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gte3BoXKwP0
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity