Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2016, 09:20 AM

21,087 posts, read 29,309,695 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Geekigurl, I have not intentionally lied about you. My statements are 100% what I thought where your beliefs. If I am wrong, I apologize. Here is the issue where we can't agree. You seem to think love the person means accepting the sin. I believe you can separate the two. I believe that is exactly what Jesus did. Jesus loved the prostitute but He also told her to go and sin no more. By stating my beliefs on homosexuality, you take it very personal even though it is not my intent or desire to attack you as a person.

God created you. You are an unique creation like no one else and precious to Him. It is wonderful that you have a relationship with Him and seek to love other people. However, I still believe you engage in a damaging lifestyle. I don't want to stand before God on judgement day and be asked why did I keep my mouth shut and let people walk into a destructive lifestyle and then my answer be that I didn't want to offend society.
I seriously doubt if that will the the toughest question you will be asked...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2016, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Love in any context, shape or form is not always a good virtue. Ever heard of Stockholm syndrome? That's an example of love occurring and being a really bad thing.
jeffie free base, Stockholm is NOT LOVE, it is MANIPULATION and COERCION, just like the OT god you embrace.

Old 09-29-2016, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Well your post is garbage. Why should I take spiritual advice from an anti-Christian?
judge not and your god may not ask you such tough questions when you stand before the pearly gates--maybe your god will have MERCY--something you have yet to grasp?

How can you even start to prove who is a non-christian and who is speaking the LOVE of Christ????

Old 09-29-2016, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Geekigurl, I have not intentionally lied about you. My statements are 100% what I thought where your beliefs. If I am wrong, I apologize. Here is the issue where we can't agree. You seem to think love the person means accepting the sin. I believe you can separate the two. I believe that is exactly what Jesus did. Jesus loved the prostitute but He also told her to go and sin no more. By stating my beliefs on homosexuality, you take it very personal even though it is not my intent or desire to attack you as a person.

God created you. You are an unique creation like no one else and precious to Him. It is wonderful that you have a relationship with Him and seek to love other people. However, I still believe you engage in a damaging lifestyle. I don't want to stand before God on judgement day and be asked why did I keep my mouth shut and let people walk into a destructive lifestyle and then my answer be that I didn't want to offend society.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Well, when it comes up that you opened your mouth for no good reason and hurt real people without good cause, try "Ididn't know what I was doing," but DON'T add, "Nobody told me."
Jesus could always intervene and say--

FATHER FORGIVE HIM FOR HE KNEW NOT WANT HE SAID...

Old 09-29-2016, 09:32 AM

15,959 posts, read 6,392,659 times
Quote:

So this "being gay is a sin" BS is all about you somehow? Making sure that your ass is saved by judging the right people and the right actions?

gross

Old 09-29-2016, 09:37 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,280,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
So this "being gay is a sin" BS is all about you somehow? Making sure that your ass is saved by judging the right people and the right actions?

gross
Yep. Everything is about jeff.

And "gross" is a polite understatement.

Old 09-29-2016, 10:25 AM

10,099 posts, read 5,766,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
ALL this is YOUR opinion. It is not necessarily the thinking of other people.

You cannot and have NO RIGHT forcing your OPINION on others as a statement of FACT...

Your SIN is not the same as someone else..

It's not my opinion. It's the Word of God.

"In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error. "

Romans 1:27

That verse is PLAIN AS DAY. Tie it to temple prostitution all you want. It doesn't change what the verse says. Men abandoned natural relations with women. That means same sex relations is unnatural. If God approved of it, He would not have talked about it defiled and destroying other nations in the OT.

Quote:

What are the sins you are living with? Tell us how you have overcome your sins and no longer SIN teh same sins?

If Christ indeed has forgiven you (or others)O why do we need to continually ask forgiveness once we have accept the LOVE of Christ?
My personal life is not the topic here. Nice try baiting me though.

Quote:

Is this not BLASPHEMY to continually SIN and repeatedly ask forgiveness? Are we not MADE NEW IN CHRIST and LOVE cast out ALL SIN?

If the OLD NATURE/SELF is sinful, is the NEW NATURE/SELF sinless?
If you are made new in Christ, you shouldn't want to sin. And when you do, you feel ashamed for failing God. Sin sets up a barrier between us and God so at the very least, you are allowed your relationship to wither and be choked from growing.

Old 09-29-2016, 10:29 AM

10,099 posts, read 5,766,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Yep. Everything is about jeff.

And "gross" is a polite understatement.
Another day of you contributing your foul daily spew here.

Old 09-29-2016, 10:37 AM

4,686 posts, read 6,166,152 times
New Study Finds Homosexuality to be a Mental Illness – The News Spike

So there you have it, a LIFESTYLE and MENTAL ILLNESS all in one.

Old 09-29-2016, 10:57 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,280,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
New Study Finds Homosexuality to be a Mental Illness – The News Spike

So there you have it, a LIFESTYLE and MENTAL ILLNESS all in one.
You've outdone yourself this time, SAAN.

Other headlines from the same source:

Justin Bieber Joins the Ku Klux Klan

Rihanna To Get Forehead Reduction Surgery

Mexican Government Caught Building Tunnels Under USA Border

Read 'em and weep -- with laughter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity