Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2016, 04:52 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,409,991 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayanne View Post
A more realistic analogy would be:

You read on face-book that every car in the world was manufactured defectively and will burst into flames at some point in time. The article goes on to say that the manufacturer intentionally wrecked and totalled his own personal car as a solution to the malfunction in all the other cars. Simply by believing this story, you will be free from the built-in malfunction. No one has ever seen this manufacturer, no one has seen any cars burst into flames, the way to avoid the malfunction seems nonsensical, but a lot of people believe the story and insist that you should also.

Doesn't make any sense, does it?
Not realistic. God said man would die. All men have or are dying, so not like a car that has never failed.

The hope is the resurrection as all men die. Getting it has requirements. If you do not believe in it, fine you will die like everyone else and if the resurrection is true you will never know of it. Simple.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2016, 05:16 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,199,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
By choice.
Your butcher god left no choice.

He's the puppetmaster. He pulled Satan's strings.

Old 10-05-2016, 05:21 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,810,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Your butcher god left no choice.

He's the puppetmaster. He pulled Satan's strings.
I forgive you bro.
I am a worthless orphan.

If you don't eat your meat.

Old 10-05-2016, 05:30 PM

6,473 posts, read 6,683,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post

Not realistic. God said man would die. All men have or are dying, so not like a car that has never failed.

The hope is the resurrection as all men die. Getting it has requirements. If you do not believe in it, fine you will die like everyone else and if the resurrection is true you will never know of it. Simple.
Of course my analogy was not realistic. That was the point.

People cannot make themselves believe they don't believe. They can try really hard. They can fake it. But they cannot convince themselves of a truth they do not believe in.

After I stopped believing, I did continue to fake it for a couple more years, praying earnestly the whole time that God would restore my faith. I finally realized that belief was beyond my control, and any God out there was not giving it back to me. How could such a god be happy with me faking it??? That was the best I could do. It made no sense that God would judge me for that which I had no control over! I could only control what kind of person I was, but my religion had taught me that my best was as filthy rags to God!

Just makes no sense.

Old 10-05-2016, 05:30 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,199,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
I forgive you bro.
I am a worthless orphan.

If you don't eat your meat.
You know there's more truth in the world than that which can be gleaned from the bible.

If you lift your head from the pages and open your eyes, mind and spirit.

Old 10-05-2016, 10:39 PM

63,822 posts, read 40,118,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jghorton View Post
No, it means some people choose to not believe God or trust Jesus Christ ... and, as a result, reap the consequences God has promised for such rebellion against His ways and truths. The frequent attempts to make God seem arbitrary or vengeful for being faithful to His promises is disingenuous and dishonest.
This is such a primitive and archaic view of God and what He wants from us that it should never have lasted into the 21st century. The only reason it has is because the benighted religious leaders demanded belief in this ignorance as a sign of faith in God. It is a travesty.

Old 10-06-2016, 04:30 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,607,249 times
Quote:
Another scenario for you:

Your car manufacturer sends you a notice than all their cars have been recalled. Please bring your car in for a free repair. Don't wait too long, as this problem is serious. You ignore the notice because you don't see a problem. Your engine catches on fire and destroys your car. Whose fault is it?
Ask jesus for me to come and tell me that my engine light is on and I should take it to the dealer to have fixed.

Thanks jimmiej!

Old 10-06-2016, 05:36 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,235,302 times
Quote:
Another scenario for you:

Your car manufacturer sends you a notice than all their cars have been recalled. Please bring your car in for a free repair. Don't wait too long, as this problem is serious. You ignore the notice because you don't see a problem. Your engine catches on fire and destroys your car. Whose fault is it?
OR you do not take it in, the car runs GREAT for the next 50 years and gets 50 MPG.

SO you are saying that EVERY car that is recalled will explode? Is that what god did for us? Created us with the expectation that we would accept god or implode?

Seems to me that even that god would know better than to issue the EITHER -- OR ultimatum......

Old 10-06-2016, 05:43 AM

20,442 posts, read 12,798,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
OR you do not take it in, the car runs GREAT for the next 50 years and gets 50 MPG.

SO you are saying that EVERY car that is recalled will explode? Is that what god did for us? Created us with the expectation that we would accept god or implode?

Seems to me that even that god would know better than to issue the EITHER -- OR ultimatum......
Nevertheless, your car is still defective and a danger to drive. You do not believe what God says about sin (and what is obvious about all humans).

Seems to you...? Not certain? Beware!

Old 10-06-2016, 05:53 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,607,249 times
Quote:
Nevertheless, your car is still defective and a danger to drive. You do not believe what God says about sin (and what is obvious about all humans).

Seems to you...? Not certain? Beware!
God intentionally created everyone to be defective at birth and a danger when they reach adulthood.

This is your gods plan. Suck it up jimmiej
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity