Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-28-2016, 06:18 PM

63,817 posts, read 40,099,995 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
You STILL don't address the questionable validity of the Bible as "Guide" when SO many people have different ideas about its guidance. Let me ask the question a different way since you won't touch this one with a ten foot pole: what do you think would happen if the first question about ANY perception was not "what does the Bible say?" but "Does it comport with the fruit of the Spirit.
Speaking of the fruit of the Spirit, you still miss the point that the characteristics of the Spirit are known and ANY answer must conform to that test. Another point you keep ignoring.
What is most interesting about dealing with you is that a valid, reasonable answer to your questions seems to slide by without you being able to process it so you just keep repeating the same question and STILL won't process the answer, much less address it..
Vizio (and others) will NOT use the characteristics of the Holy Spirit to evaluate scripture because so much of their heartfelt dogma and doctrine is contradictory and incompatible with those characteristics.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2016, 06:22 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Vizio (and others) will NOT use the characteristics of the Holy Spirit to evaluate scripture because so much of their heartfelt dogma and doctrine is contradictory and incompatible with those characteristics.

Old 10-28-2016, 06:57 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,365,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omega2xx View Post
If you don't agree that the Bible is inerrant, I go along with Vizo.

The number of denominations is irrelevant. They can't all be right, but one could be.
They could all be wrong as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
What happens when "the Spirit" doesn't confirm it? And how do you know what "the Spirit" is saying? How do you tell if it's the Spirit or a bad taco?

So you toss it out...

That's because that's what it comes down to.

The problem is, the "promised Guide" tells you one thing, and you somehow think that YOUR revelation from the "promised Guide" is better than what the apostles received.
Quote:
You STILL don't address the questionable validity of the Bible as "Guide" when SO many people have different ideas about its guidance. Let me ask the question a different way since you won't touch this one with a ten foot pole: what do you think would happen if the first question about ANY perception was not "what does the Bible say?" but "Does it comport with the fruit of the Spirit.

Speaking of the fruit of the Spirit, you still miss the point that the characteristics of the Spirit are known and ANY answer must conform to that test. Another point you keep ignoring.

What is most interesting about dealing with you is that a valid, reasonable answer to your questions seems to slide by without you being able to process it so you just keep repeating the same question and STILL won't process the answer, much less address it..
Welcome to Tacobell.com

Old 10-28-2016, 07:46 PM

3,348 posts, read 1,638,414 times
Quote:
If you don't agree that the Bible is inerrant, I go along with Vizo.

The number of denominations is irrelevant. They can't all be right, but one could be.
one could be? if that is the best you have, no wonder you won't answer me, O. I mean i struggle to get where nate is coming from too, o don't quite get it, but how do you justify yours being any better in this case?

Old 10-28-2016, 07:49 PM

Quote:
That is not what the Bible says. The Bible clearly tells us what the tares symbolize. All you have to do is read it and understand it, instead of making something up that is not even related.
what do tares symbolize, O?

Old 10-28-2016, 07:51 PM

Quote:
The number of denominations claiming the guidance of the Bible and contradicting each other about what it means is a STRONG indication of the value of the book AS a guide.
AMEN. oh, wait, you don't mean that like i mean it, huh
Quote:
What is ALSO strange is that the answer to the question about determining the guidance of the Spirit BY the known characteristics of the Spirit is completely ignored.........Why?
that i don't get either, but then you're sorta skipping pointed Qs yourself, it seems, nate.

Old 10-28-2016, 07:58 PM

Quote:
but that isn't even what he asked? was it?

"what do you think would happen if the first question about ANY perception was
[not "what does the Bible say?" but] "Does it comport with the fruit of the Spirit?"

so, sort of. Well, any answer that does not conform to this rule is against the Bible nate, sounds like you already know that.

Old 10-28-2016, 07:59 PM

Quote:
oh well. so?

Old 10-28-2016, 08:11 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,190,517 times
Quote:
Thanks for exposing your ignorance of the men who penned the Bible. I will take their intellect over you all day, every day.
Since I have accurately apprised your intellect, which mirrors that of those a few thousand years ago, I have no hesitation in following my own.

Quote:
Thank you for exposing your ignorance of me. If you had my intellect you could understand that you don't understand anything of a spiritual nature.
If I had your intellect, I'd hope someone else was tying my shoelaces.

I'm surprised you can spell "spiritual." I'm damn sure you can't define or embody it.

Quote:
Of course and I will continue until you can prove me wrong.
I don't have to prove a thing. Your own words expose the barrenness of your thought-processes.

You are an empty vessel.

Quote:
Then do us both a favor and ignore me. I would rather be a boring empty vessel than a full bigoted one.
Only cowards use the Ignore feature.

Such as certain self-proclaimed pastors we all know.

I am not a coward.

If I ignore such as you, the uneducated, bigoted, un-evolved, mouth-breathing bible-idolator, then I am no better than he.

Or you.

The real God forbid.

Old 10-28-2016, 08:12 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,190,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbyrd009 View Post
nice.
seek your own salvation
but
a little leaven...
Slice.

A bit of pineapple.

Seek your own

Tropical breakfast.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity