Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-30-2016, 12:14 PM

3,348 posts, read 1,639,730 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
That can mean anything , do you have a verse that seemingly says many or all will be saved ?.
not willing that any should perish
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2016, 12:14 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,405,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbyrd009 View Post
so then, would you like to comment on "there is no such thing as absolute truth."
My comment: the bible is not absolute truth.

Old 10-30-2016, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
but that is just gratuitous; got a more general observation?

Old 10-30-2016, 12:19 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,320,738 times
Quote:
not willing that any should perish
There are better verses that refute Omega and his mates being a special chosen few because they believe the bible is the truth.

Old 10-30-2016, 12:20 PM

Quote:
I do better when asked a specific question. Is there something in particular you wanted to know?

Old 10-30-2016, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
There are better verses that refute...being a special chosen few
many, yes. note that in the account of the special chosen few, God divorced them.

Old 10-30-2016, 03:10 PM

63,867 posts, read 40,149,593 times
Quote:
Quote:
Pay attention. The Bible CONTAINS inspired truth, period. It is neither God's word nor absolute truth. It tells us about God's Word - Jesus the Christ - who abides with us as the Comforter sent in His name to guide us to the truth God has "written in our hearts."

Old 10-30-2016, 03:23 PM

ah, wadr, you lost me @...well, i guess you already know lol
Quote:
I do better when asked a specific question. Is there something in particular you wanted to know?
do you perceive any absolute truth, such as is posited by many/most people, and if so, what is it?

When you die, do you believe you are going to either heaven or hell?

Do you believe that you should endeavor to ask people if they know Jesus as their personal Lord and Savior?

pick one, or suggest another if you like. Any truth that you accept, and do not see a possible "no" for.

Old 10-30-2016, 03:30 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,320,738 times
Quote:
do you perceive any absolute truth, such as is posited by many/most people, and if so, what is it?

Do you believe that you should endeavor to ask people if they know Jesus as their personal Lord and Savior?

pick one, or suggest another if you like. Any truth that you accept, and do not see a possible "no" for.
Using your own analogy " you ar what you believe in your heart", where are you going ?

'

Old 10-30-2016, 03:32 PM

Quote:

I lost you? Sorry, I don't understand what this has to do with what I posted, so I don't understand what your purpose is in asking these questions. I don't know where you're trying to go with this, so it's impossible to play along.

If you are asking if the bible is absolute truth, I already answered that: no. But your questions seemed to be based on the supposition that I am looking to the bible as if it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity