Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2016, 06:28 PM

6,518 posts, read 2,730,460 times

Advertisements

I have searched for a christians version of wounded warriors and I can't find one .
I donated to WW for a while now and just saw how really bad their numbers are proving it is just like our government heavy on the take and light on the give. which means it doesn't have christians at the helm..
so does anyone know of a christian version of a charity to christian wounded warriors done by any churches ?

this thread might be a good place for folks to find charities that they might like the % 's that actually gets to the subject of the charity and their give and use ratio's a lot more.
who needs more charities like that have been in the news lately " clinton foundation" who just took and does not give (like Haiti ).
how do we find non liberal run charities that are actually charities that are actually helping people ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2016, 06:43 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,189,293 times
Really? You need a "non liberal" charity?

Whoa. You put restrictions on helping the poor and the needy and the sick because you don't like the left? Yikes.

BTW: If you care about the truth...here's the truth: The Clinton Foundation has provided low-cost HIV/AIDS medications for NINE MILLION PEOPLE. The foundation buys in bulk to lower the price. NINE MILLION PEOPLE get a chance at tomorrow because of the Clinton Foundation.

Let us know if you find a conservative Christian charity providing low-cost, life-saving medication for NINE MILLION PEOPLE. Dying from AIDS is a horrible way to go.

Last edited by DewDropInn; 11-17-2016 at 06:54 PM..

Old 11-18-2016, 02:59 AM

9,690 posts, read 10,023,019 times
The best giving for Christian charity is giving to the identity of Jesus Christ , then Jesus could bless the people who do that ....... Where ministries could receive the offerings of donation that their business , but where people give , they are giving to Jesus ........... See Jesus said if you give for reasons , like it makes you feel good to see their happy face , then you got your reward , and Jesus does not have to bless you for those charities ............ Most of Christian charity money goes to advancing the gospel or religious causes like local and even help foreign ministries , then there is money for helping the poor like different causes and food banks and clothes drives and other areas which ministries may give .........

Old 11-18-2016, 07:20 AM

1,350 posts, read 1,367,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Really? You need a "non liberal" charity?

Whoa. You put restrictions on helping the poor and the needy and the sick because you don't like the left? Yikes.

BTW: If you care about the truth...here's the truth: The Clinton Foundation has provided low-cost HIV/AIDS medications for NINE MILLION PEOPLE. The foundation buys in bulk to lower the price. NINE MILLION PEOPLE get a chance at tomorrow because of the Clinton Foundation.

Let us know if you find a conservative Christian charity providing low-cost, life-saving medication for NINE MILLION PEOPLE. Dying from AIDS is a horrible way to go.
I think it's a reasonable question. Here are the expenses for WWP:
Financial Performance Metrics
Program Expenses
(Percent of the charity’s total expenses spent on the programs
and services it delivers) 58.8%
Administrative Expenses 5.8%
Fundraising Expenses 35.2%
Fundraising Efficiency $0.25
Working Capital Ratio (years) 1.47
Program Expenses Growth 67.2%
Liabilities to Assets 7.9%

58% delivery of funds is pretty poor. 35% for fundraising tells me your advertising must not be as effective as it could be -- if you're spending 35 cents to raise a dollar, yes, you're accumulating funds but that's a lot of churn and burn in the process wherein people give you 10 dollars and you end up spending 4 of them on advertising to get another 10 dollars from someone else.

It's not that hard to get a good rating from sites like Charity Navigator. To select one well-known Christian charity, Samaritan's Purse delivers 88% of its funds through to program expenses, and still manages tremendous visibility, and to somehow send me two or three letters a month, haha, and yet only 7% of its budget is on fundraising. 98/100 overall rating.

The Clinton Foundation rates quite well, in fact. Its admin expenses might be considered a little high but they send through 87% and only spend 4% on fundraising, which is fantastically low, so I guess all that influence and personal cachet is paying off in that regard. 95/100 overall rating, pretty strong. Much of the hullabaloo is all political, the charity seems to be pretty efficient and part of running a charity is leveraging your personal relationships to accrue donations; whether a politician should be doing that is definitely a can of worms but we needn't get into that here; it doesn't mean the charity isn't operating efficiently.

Anyway, regardless of politics, I think the OP is right to seek a more efficient avenue to try to help veterans, don't you, Dew?

Old 11-18-2016, 08:33 AM

3,348 posts, read 1,638,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
christian wounded warriors...
...is an oxymoron, wadr, sorry.

right up there with "Patriotic Christian."

Old 11-18-2016, 09:01 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,926,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbyrd009 View Post
...is an oxymoron, wadr, sorry.

right up there with "Patriotic Christian."
While it is debatable whether a Christian would BE a "wounded warrior" there is no doubt that a Christian would try to help a "wounded warrior," and I think that is the reference. Unfortunately for the OP, many of the Christian programs might be considered "liberal" but I'd worry more about the efficacy than the politics.

Old 11-18-2016, 09:01 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,231,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
I have searched for a christians version of wounded warriors and I can't find one .
I donated to WW for a while now and just saw how really bad their numbers are proving it is just like our government heavy on the take and light on the give. which means it doesn't have christians at the helm..
so does anyone know of a christian version of a charity to christian wounded warriors done by any churches ?

this thread might be a good place for folks to find charities that they might like the % 's that actually gets to the subject of the charity and their give and use ratio's a lot more.
who needs more charities like that have been in the news lately " clinton foundation" who just took and does not give (like Haiti ).
how do we find non liberal run charities that are actually charities that are actually helping people ?
NON LIBERAL?? ROFLMFAO...seriously.

Are not ALL charities LIBERAL by definition, if not by nature?

I really believe that Wounded Warrior is a GREAT example of a NON-LIBERAL charity and probably representative of 90% of the charities that would be called NON-LIBERAL...

Old 11-18-2016, 09:10 AM

3,348 posts, read 1,638,806 times
snarf. let's just go ask Charity Watch, shall we then...https://www.charitywatch.org/ratings...ly-support/750 not great, not Salvation Army, but not Goodwill, either. pretty decent, as "conservative" charities go. lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
While it is debatable whether a Christian would BE a "wounded warrior" there is no doubt that a Christian would try to help a "wounded warrior," and I think that is the reference. Unfortunately for the OP, many of the Christian programs might be considered "liberal" but I'd worry more about the efficacy than the politics.
good point, amen. and ty, i am corrected. it would likely be most efficacious to engage the individual warrior then, imo. cut out the middle man. prolly any local VFW would be a great asset there?

Old 11-18-2016, 09:31 AM

you all are pitiful. all I want is a church run project that helps soldiers! i want to know if there is such a creature!
simple!

ps the soldiers might not be christians , the charities might not be christians. but after all that I bet the women, mothers and wives and children are !

Old 11-18-2016, 10:04 AM

I found the article about how they rejected that churches money and if that churches christians "dollars" where to dirty for them then my dollars will go someplace else.

my internet connection is slow so I don't know if this is the article or not. I think it is about some of my issues with that organization besides cooking the books .
Wounded Warrior Project Apologizes for Rejecting Church Donation | Todd Starnes on Radio
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity