Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2016, 11:53 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,500,276 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Z, some translators (because it suits their doctrines) translate "ou eis aion" in that passage as "never". But aion means age. And they translate "aionios" as "eternal", although it is derived from the word age and means "pertaining to the age".

So, a literal translation like YLT which attempts to be more faithful to the original language reads,

"but whoever may speak evil in regard to the Holy Spirit hath not forgiveness -- to the age, but is in danger of age-during judgment;'"
you're being silly ... the YLT then is no less guilty "(because it suits their doctrines)"

Fact is you people hate the truth when Jesus says he is going to justly damn unbelievers for their unbelief eternally.
As they YLT phrases it: "and the smoke of their torment doth go up to ages of ages and they have no rest day and night"
YLT: Revelation 14:10-12
he also shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, that hath been mingled unmixed in the cup
of His anger, and he shall be tormented in fire and brimstone before the holy messengers, and
before the Lamb, and the smoke of their torment doth go up to ages of ages; and they have
no rest day and night
, who are bowing before the beast and his image, also if any doth receive the mark of his name.

"ages of ages" = plurals of plurals = eternal

"no rest day and night" = no reprieve from God's wrath and torment
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2016, 02:37 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,049,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
SCORN is not listed as a synonym--

BLASPHEMY---

1. To speak of (God or a sacred entity) in an irreverent, impious manner.
2. To revile; execrate.

SCORN---

feel or express contempt or derision for.
"I was routinely ridiculed and scorned by conservatives and liberals alike"
synonyms: deride, hold in contempt, treat with contempt, pour/heap scorn on, look down on, look down one's nose at, disdain, curl one's lip at, mock, scoff at, sneer at, jeer at, laugh at, laugh out of court; More

I'm reading a translation, you're reading a dictionary? What's your point? Peace

Old 12-13-2016, 03:19 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,401,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
you're being silly ... the YLT then is no less guilty "(because it suits their doctrines)"

Fact is you people hate the truth when Jesus says he is going to justly damn unbelievers for their unbelief eternally.
As they YLT phrases it: "and the smoke of their torment doth go up to ages of ages and they have no rest day and night"
YLT: Revelation 14:10-12
he also shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, that hath been mingled unmixed in the cup
of His anger, and he shall be tormented in fire and brimstone before the holy messengers, and
before the Lamb, and the smoke of their torment doth go up to ages of ages; and they have
no rest day and night
, who are bowing before the beast and his image, also if any doth receive the mark of his name.

"ages of ages" = plurals of plurals = eternal

"no rest day and night" = no reprieve from God's wrath and torment
None of what you posted refutes what I said about ou eis aion and aionios in the Mark passage. It's a case of you reading your ET doctrine into passages.

Old 12-13-2016, 04:05 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,238,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
I'm reading a translation, you're reading a dictionary? What's your point? Peace
Scorn is not blasphemy..POINT.

Old 12-13-2016, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Z, some translators (because it suits their doctrines) translate "ou eis aion" in that passage as "never". But aion means age. And they translate "aionios" as "eternal", although it is derived from the word age and means "pertaining to the age".

So, a literal translation like YLT which attempts to be more faithful to the original language reads,

"but whoever may speak evil in regard to the Holy Spirit hath not forgiveness -- to the age, but is in danger of age-during judgment;'"
Yet another example of how the bible contains ERRORS!

So like some other great religions teach, we get to be forgiven after we are dead!!

Why waste time in the here and now when I can have the time of my life and be forgiven in death!!

Old 12-13-2016, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
He really wasn't.
he really is...

Old 12-13-2016, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Considering that God is God and he is not willing to share his glory with other, false gods, then no--Christianity would not be compatible.

But if you are still breathing you have not done that unforgivable sin. You can repent and trust Christ till the moment you take your last breath.
what is that unforgivable sin, and please, provide citations from the bible please?

Old 12-13-2016, 04:11 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,401,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Yet another example of how the bible contains ERRORS!

So like some other great religions teach, we get to be forgiven after we are dead!!

Why waste time in the here and now when I can have the time of my life and be forgiven in death!!
Well, it doesn't say that "age" is referring to "after death".

But, yes, you should have the time of your life in this life.

Old 12-13-2016, 04:20 PM

10,043 posts, read 4,974,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DelmarvaNative_inCO View Post
I'm just learning about Christianity...and what I was told is the 'only unforgivable sin' is thorough blasphemy of the holy spirit...synonymous with 'continuous disbelief' right?
Would this include having faith in multiple religions? Such as having a faith in Christ's message, yet being uncertain, open to...Hinduism, Taoism, Islam...?
I am only trying to build my own faith up so thank you for your words of guidance.....
- Delmarva
Please notice those unforgiven people of Hebrews 6:4-6 disowned Christ.
Since Jesus is the way, the truth (religious truth) and the life (everlasting life) then there is No multiple interfaith.
The majority of mankind ( John 3:13 ) never had the opportunity to learn about Jesus' teachings.
So, their opportunity will come when they will have a happy-and-healthy physical resurrection during Jesus' coming 1,000-year governmental rulership over Earth begins.- Acts 24:15

Today the good news (gospel) of God's kingdom government is being proclaimed on a grand international scale as never before in history. Thus, mankind now has the opportunity to hear and make choices that people in the past did Not have.
- Matthew 24:14; Acts 1:8; Daniel 2:44
Even modern technology has made rapid Bible translation possible so that people earth wide can have Scripture in their own mother tongue or native language so they can choose to follow Jesus or not.

We are nearing the soon coming ' time of separation ' of Matthew 25:31-33,37 when the figurative humble 'sheep'-like people can remain alive on Earth, and continue to live on Earth, right into the start of Jesus' coming millennium-long day of governing over Earth or over earthly subjects of God's kingdom - Psalms 72:8; 12-14; 37:10-11,29; Matthew 5:5

Old 12-13-2016, 04:24 PM

4,345 posts, read 2,168,573 times
Delmarva pay strict attention to Mike555.......your list of "gods" are all dead and will profit you nothing........and anyone who has found Paul's gospel is so rare today I have to marvel when I see it in print.......

Post by Mike555: Jesus did all the work that was required to make salvation available to you as He hung on the cross and paid the penalty for our sins. All you have to do to receive eternal life is to simply trust in His finished work on your behalf.
John 3:16 "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.

1 Corinthians 15:1 Now I make known to you, brethren, the gospel which I preached to you, which also you received, in which also you stand, 2] by which also you are saved, if you hold fast the word which I preached to you, unless you believed in vain. 3] For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received, that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, 4] and that He was buried, and that He was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures,

Ephesians 2:8 For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; 9] not as a result of works, so that no one may boast.

Eternal life is a free gift by grace through faith in Christ Jesus so that you can't boast or take any credit for your salvation. It all depends on what Jesus has already accomplished at the cross. You simply take hold of, simply receive the offered gift of eternal life by simply placing your trust in Jesus. The moment you do you are eternally saved and can never lose your salvation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity