Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2016, 03:17 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,223,196 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Which man are you going to believe?
Why would anyone believe in any man??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2016, 03:20 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,223,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
What Scripture says we are forgiven after death ?___________
Doesn't Jesus' sacrifice cover ' before ' death - 1st John 1:7
Unless committing the unforgivable sin - Matthew 12:32; Hebrews 6:4-6, the dead are freed or acquitted from sin according to Romans 6:7; 6:23. Being freed or acquitted does Not make a person as thus being innocent, but as a governor can pardon a person so the crime charges do Not stick, Jesus can pardon a person so the sin charges do Not stick.

We are Not here to waste time, but are given two (2) choice to either ' repent ' or ' perish ' ( be destroyed )
The wicked will be destroyed forever ( Not live forever ) - Psalm 92:7
Those who choose to willfully practice sin will have No future - Hebrew 10:26
They will be classed with the haughty figurative 'goat'-like ones of Matthew 25:31-33 who will perish forever.
Obviously your fellow evangelicals believe that since they claim blasphemy can be forgiven in the hereafter..

Old 12-14-2016, 03:23 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,615,972 times
Quote:
Wait. You mean you actually use scripture written by men?
I am capable of reading scripture, and understanding it. I mean a real understanding within the context of the times, and the agenda of men.

I am not bound by scripture as you are. I have not married myself to words like praise and adulation. Scripture does not define my relationship with God.

Old 12-14-2016, 05:29 PM

88,584 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
I am capable of reading scripture, and understanding it. I mean a real understanding within the context of the times, and the agenda of men.

I am not bound by scripture as you are. I have not married myself to words like praise and adulation. Scripture does not define my relationship with God.
Why that's just crazy talk.

Old 12-14-2016, 06:03 PM

20,441 posts, read 12,788,798 times
Quote:

Code for: I can quote scripture but you can't. Anything I quote is directly from God (we will ignore that it was written by men) and anything you quote was written by men and totally worthless.

Old 12-14-2016, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Code for: I can quote scripture but you can't. Anything I quote is directly from God (we will ignore that it was written by men) and anything you quote was written by men and totally worthless.
You are the one quoting scripture, jimmie. I simply interpret it for you since you lack of understanding. God did not write scripture. We cannot ignore that men wrote scripture and excluded the voices of women. Those men were not inspired by God or spirit. God would never exclude the voices of women.

I can not remember the last time I quoted scripture. Do you? I do not need to quote scripture as you do. I am not bound by it. I understand it.

Old 12-14-2016, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Why that's just crazy talk.
Hahahahaha, jimmie certainly thinks so.

Old 12-14-2016, 07:58 PM

6,518 posts, read 2,728,570 times
being "open to other religions" in scriptures is likened to whoredom or selling yourself to the highest bidders.
and it is assuming you were once a real christian offering your heart to him in earnest not as from some kind of peer pressure like at camp, so was it really a choice at the heart or not ... which is always debatable because if you really knew him you can't leave him. like the scripture says "if they left us they were never of us "

so our society has not so much problems with someone being a ***** or dog , of other religions or an ex christians as they are usually quite proud and these things and parade it all around and lately the weirder the better for them . that they were so weak willed and had such lowe personal convictions and were talked out of their supposed core beliefs so easily makes most today very proud of themselves . but in actually you dig deep enough and you find that they were dragged to church and it was never really their choice but just their
" family tradition" that they let some PrOFESSORS and perverter and corrupters at college talk them out of what little commitments that thought they had made to their religion or their pew or their church or a pastor or some girl at that church , or grandma . but I am convinced they never met Him to reject Him . They only heard a few things about him . I believe he doesn't reveal himself until the person really really pursues him and means it , like their life depends on it .
I think blaspheming the spirit is to call things that the spirit did like the virgin birth , as though they were "natural ". thus he has no area or reason by which to appeal to you by. because you deem his miracles as natural . so you are too far lost in your own reasoning.

so sure so be open to other religions you will find them as empty as you are now or you would have already stopped looking because you found the coolest guy, friend , father ever.

Old 12-14-2016, 08:43 PM

20,441 posts, read 12,788,798 times
Quote:
You are the one quoting scripture, jimmie. I simply interpret it for you since you lack of understanding. God did not write scripture. We cannot ignore that men wrote scripture and excluded the voices of women. Those men were not inspired by God or spirit. God would never exclude the voices of women.

I can not remember the last time I quoted scripture. Do you? I do not need to quote scripture as you do. I am not bound by it. I understand it.
Yet you are certain Jesus saw no need to praise the Father. Where did you get that from?

Old 12-14-2016, 08:50 PM

63,814 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Yet you are certain Jesus saw no need to praise the Father. Where did you get that from?
What kind of God NEEDS praise, jimmie????Our Father only needs US to love each other because that is how we love Him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity