Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-22-2017, 10:34 AM

37,340 posts, read 28,347,878 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Actually, he said that if you hate a brother, you're a murderer at heart. Just to clarify that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post

So when Jesus said things like if any man will come after me, he was not referring to woman to?. Do you see how you twist the scriptures for your convemience?.

Quote:
C

....wow. You have a gift. That is complete and utter nonsense.
So It is utter nonsense for me say Jesus was only referring to men, but is not utter nonsense for you to say he was only referring to brothers?.

You might as well say he never said sisters so it is ok to hate them.

Last edited by pcamps; 11-22-2017 at 10:59 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2017, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Again...Jesus is God. He is not just an expression of God. To suggest he's just an expression is modalism, which was declared heretical a long time ago. Jesus was saying that when you look at him, you are looking at God because he is God. But we are not God. Looking at us does not mean you look at God.
Typical fundy who thinks he know his bible but doesnt.

Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person Hebrews chapter 1 verse 3

If you go to biblehub Hebrews Chaper 1 verse 3 is cross referenced with John chapter 14 verse 9

Philip basically said to Jesus, ok you have a lot to say about the Father, where is he, Jesus answered have i been hanging around with you for so long that you have not seen, if you have seen me you have seen the Father.

Old 11-22-2017, 10:41 AM

Quote:

Romans 9 says God hates sinners. You STILL haven't addressed that. But since there is no sin in Heaven, then there is no hate.
I will the moment you quote the verse. Oh i see, you have seen it says that God hated Esau and loved Jacob to mean he hates sinners but loves christians . If that is your verse for proving God hates sinners then you are perverting the scriptures to make it say what you believe, This is allegorically talking about Spirit and flesh just it was was in Galatians in respect to Sarah and Hagar. Did you ever read the story of Esua's wonderful embrace of his brother Jacob, if you think that is anything other than God moving in Esau, you need your eyes checking.
What a wonderful act of forgiving and forgetting "expressed through Esau" after all his younger brother had done.
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage...h=Genesis%2033

Last edited by pcamps; 11-22-2017 at 10:51 AM..

Old 11-22-2017, 10:41 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,105,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
C

So, I've answered your questions. Now how about you answer the questions I asked of you in my previous post?
Which ones exactly? I thought I answered one or two of them.

The situation is simple: Accept that Jesus Christ died for your (and my and all of ours) sins and you have to accept Jesus Christ into your heart in order to be "saved".

It's not that complicated. Yes, murderers on Death Row can/are saved and are going to Heaven. Yes, pedophiles can/will be saved if they accept Jesus Christ into their hearts.

Now...a Muslim, for example, who does not repent and accept that Jesus Christ died for them is going to Hell.

Now, that is the story that I have been born in to as a Assemblies of God Protestant raised since birth child, I'm not going to sit here and say I know all the versus in the Bible like you and a couple other people here do, but I'm just telling you that is how I was raised and how I've always been taught about Christianity and Jesus Christ/God and redemption for our souls.

Old 11-22-2017, 10:56 AM

Quote:

The difference is that I am not justified in hating anyone, because that would be hypocritical. God is not a sinner. He can and does judge sinners righteously. That is something you or I can't do.

Having said that, God is also merciful and is willing to forgive ANYONE that comes to Jesus. So, to focus on this hate thing is really kind of silly...because he's also merciful and kind.

But you do hate sinners, you are a reflection of what you believe and the God believe in, we all are, there is no escaping it, you can idea behind calling yourself a bible believing christian as much as you want, it will not stop you being what you believe. No, you being a calvinist believe God is merciful only to those who are chosen by him.

Old 11-22-2017, 10:58 AM

Quote:

So you say God sees forgiven sinners as loved?
Great. I agree. But those that don't repent and come to Jesus will face punishment. You can be forgiven if you come to Jesus.
No, i said God sees you how you see others, and if you don't repent you will continue to reap what you are sowing.

Old 11-22-2017, 11:22 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,058,997 times
Can you please try to just respond to my posts in one post? This 19 posts in 2 minutes thing is making it hard to have the discussion.

Quote:
But you do hate sinners, you are a reflection of what you believe and the God believe in, we all are, there is no escaping it, you can idea behind calling yourself a bible believing christian as much as you want, it will not stop you being what you believe. No, you being a calvinist believe God is merciful only to those who are chosen by him.
Please stop telling me what I hate and don't hate.

Once again...I am saying that it is sinful for me to hate anyone. If you wish to persist in lying about me by saying things that I have denied, then you are both in error, and sinful--by bearing false witness. You should stop that
Quote:
No, i said God sees you how you see others, and if you don't repent you will continue to reap what you are sowing.
Thankfully, I won't receive what I sow. As someone that is still in the flesh, I sin. But I am covered by the righteousness of Christ, so I will not be punished for my sin.

Old 11-22-2017, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Strange that you'd put yourself above God.
Strange that you would put him below me. If you being evil know how not to hate then how "much" more your heavenly Father

Old 11-22-2017, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Yes. The author of the book, William P. Young, recently came out as a Universalist. I heard him in an interview several months back where he said he believes all are saved.
Many are. Having thought long and hard about it and in seeing overwhelming evidence within the scriptures for it(just like the Bereans did), believing that God is not only able but willing to accomplish all his desires. The only thing that is ever lost is our son of perdition nature. You should know too, that many universalists have at least the same fundamentalist leanings that you do. Many of them believe God hates sinners, many believe God is behind evil, many believe the bible is the inerrant infallible word of God. So if you were open enough like A Berean to search the scriptures and saw that none are lost, you would actually be in good company with many of the universalists. Understand though it comes with a cost, you will be rejected.

I thank God that i read Hope Beyond hell, i got an extra copy(can't remember now but i think the book was free so i donated what i thought the books ere at least worth) sent it to one of my brothers who believes, who on a 1 to 10 scale of fundamentalism was an 11 read it and was very much convinced months after visiting us here in the States and vehemently rejecting it. Even better the book did its rounds back in my home town, convinced some and left others wondering.

Old 11-22-2017, 11:45 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,235,946 times
Quote:
...snip...

Thankfully, I won't receive what I sow. As someone that is still in the flesh, I sin. But I am covered by the righteousness of Christ, so I will not be punished for my sin.
Are you ever in for a surprise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity