Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2009, 08:11 AM

1,837 posts, read 4,151,063 times

Advertisements

I just wanted to comment on the new Michael Jackson movie that has recently been released "This is it". My 15-year old son won a pass to the premiere of the movie and we both went to see it. I have to say that it was very good and I was surprised at how much footage they were able to capture on film. It was very touching and as I reflected on Michael's life and his talent I was saddened at how he is now gone.

What a uniquely gifted and talented man he was. At times, I could tell by the "way he was" in the footage that he was struggling. I believe that Michael was a perfectionist and possibly didn't believe and love himself as much as his fans believed and loved him. There was this sense of respect for him throughout the entire production by all those who were participating. I wish he could have at least been able to perform in this event because it would have been amazing... I am so thankful that his fans are able to at least get a glimpse of what it could have been...

I am pretty close to Michael's age and I remember watching him on TV when I was very young. The movie brought back fond memories.. The dancers, musicians and all those who were involved in the production and rehearsals were very talented. I would highly recommend the movie to the young and old alike or anyone who is a fan of Michael Jackson.

I also pray that Michael was able to find peace and forgiveness at the end of a very successful yet troublesome life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2009, 10:57 AM

31 posts, read 53,698 times
Oh wow im jealous!! was it good?? I was just reading that it came out today and found some great photo gallery as a tribute to the movie... Michael Jackson's This Is It Tribute Gallery (http://blogs.msg.com/themonitor/2009/10/28/michael-jacksons-final-madison-square-garden-performances-photo-gallery/ - broken link) could you tell me are there any clips from these pictured performances in the movie?

Old 10-28-2009, 12:22 PM

1,914 posts, read 7,151,374 times
I'm going on Halloween day!! I can't wait.

Old 10-28-2009, 12:25 PM

1,801 posts, read 3,555,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTR36 View Post
I'm going on Halloween day!! I can't wait.
nice day to see it!

Old 10-28-2009, 12:45 PM

2,689 posts, read 6,936,315 times
Thanks for the write up, Raelyn28, I'm looking forward to seeing it this Friday.

Old 10-28-2009, 06:48 PM

2,058 posts, read 5,863,920 times
I'm going on Sunday. I can't wait! It's going to be great. I wish I had a chance to see him live. I watched some you tube clips of MJ performing live, and he was absolutely the greatest. I hope he gets the peace he deserves now and I hope his kids recover.

Old 10-28-2009, 09:04 PM

12,973 posts, read 3,225,632 times
I still have to pick a day and buy my stinkin' tickets! I don't want to miss out!

Old 10-28-2009, 09:08 PM

754 posts, read 1,739,926 times
WOW, very interesting. Although I love MJ's music and always have, I had actually never thought about going to see the movie. Primarily because I am a little confused. I mean is it a documentary? Or did they just throw together some clips from his rehearsal? I honestly don't know any one that had plans to see it, so I assumed it was going to be a flop. Now I am intrigued.

Old 10-28-2009, 09:09 PM

8,998 posts, read 14,793,468 times
I'll probably just buy it when/if it comes out on DVD.

Old 10-28-2009, 10:04 PM

1,837 posts, read 4,151,063 times
I actually wasn't going to go either until it came out on DVD but the music in the theatre and the big picture made it all the more better to see. I am glad that I went to the movies instead of waiting. I was surprised at how great of a job they did on the rehearsal and all that went into it. It was kind of a documentary but then more of a movie also.. I don't know how to explain it other than I wasn't ever bored and I didn't want to go to the restroom for fear of missing something.. But then again I have always been a musician, dancer and very fond of Michaels unique talent. I guess you could be bored if you don't appreciate the arts or the King of pop..

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnalyzeThis View Post
WOW, very interesting. Although I love MJ's music and always have, I had actually never thought about going to see the movie. Primarily because I am a little confused. I mean is it a documentary? Or did they just throw together some clips from his rehearsal? I honestly don't know any one that had plans to see it, so I assumed it was going to be a flop. Now I am intrigued.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies